autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I sprayed my grill with Hyperdip.

Before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I sprayed my grill with Hyperdip.

Before:

After:

That came out great Ric! Is it like Plasti-dipWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That came out great Ric! Is it like Plasti-dipWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It’s just like Plasti Dip, yes. Except for the way it looks though, this 1 has a bit of shine, hopefully it doesn’t fade.

It started off disastrous, as my 1st coat sprayed in a bunch of dots mixed with a watery spray. Which led me to butcher the directions for the 1st 4 coats until it finally began to even out properly. Alot of luck involved. Lol

I did like 8-9 coats, but I might come back and do more in a week or 2 depending on how it looks.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a couple days since I washed the ES...plus the sap season has started again, so had to get out there this evening. At work this morning I felt the rear window and it was pretty gritty, infact all topside surfaces had it, less towards the front as it's away from the trees. Like last year, it too will passWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with Brake Buster on the tires and wheels, 3 out of 4 brushes used and then moved onto the pre-wash.

Since the sap grit was pretty bad to me I decided to "get after it" a little more aggressively today. I grabbed my Griot's Garage foaming surface prep w/ a squirt of Auto-Fanatic foaming pre-wash. I used the entire contents on the ES but used the extra on the topside. I let it dwell and rinsed and the beading was still great! I felt the trunk and it was smooth...mission accomplishedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?...but wait, there's more!

I decided to do a contact wash for piece of mind, plus I like doing itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I used 2.5 ounces of Griot's Garage carwash in the wash bucket and filled the rinse bucket and got going. I noticed how smoothly the wash mit moved around the car, I knew it was cleaner than usual! I rinsed each section at a time and then time to dry.

I grabbed my Adam's graphene detailer for a drying aid because I wanted to finish off that bottle (have a fresh bottle in waiting) plus it has a little bit of a graphene detailer I was testing mixed with it. It did a great job and combined with The Gauntlet drying towel for the panels and Adam's waffle weave for the glass I couldn't be happierWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

To finish things off I used my mini Master Blaster for the jams and tires/wheels and grill/crevices. I was about to dress the tires but ended up talking to my neighbor for 2 hrsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'll add some Adam's graphene tire dressing tomorrow morning before I leave for work, re-stock my trunk with topped off Brake Buster in my IK Foamer and fresh bottle of FrankenDetailer, along with a fresh battery for my Worx vacuum cleaner. Probably spray some Adam's leather scent in there too, why not right What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Time for bed, thanks for looking/reading What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s just like Plasti Dip, yes. Except for the way it looks though, this 1 has a bit of shine, hopefully it doesn’t fade.

It started off disastrous, as my 1st coat sprayed in a bunch of dots mixed with a watery spray. Which led me to butcher the directions for the 1st 4 coats until it finally began to even out properly. Alot of luck involved. Lol

I did like 8-9 coats, but I might come back and do more in a week or 2 depending on how it looks.
    Cheaper and more personal than a new grill, has the "Ric touch"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Cheaper and more personal than a new grill, has the "Ric touch"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It’s not done yet. I still need to add the wreath & crest and the Heritage of Ownership Medallion. I’m just waiting a day for it to fully dry.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s not done yet. I still need to add the wreath & crest and the Heritage of Ownership Medallion. I’m just waiting a day for it to fully dry.

I was just thinking about this Ric, I assume your a big fan of Travis BarkerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about this Ric, I assume your a big fan of Travis BarkerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Never heard of him. Unless it’s that singer dude you once mentioned who owns alot of Cadillacs. Other than that time you mentioned him I’ve never been aware of him. Some nice cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of him. Unless it’s that singer dude you once mentioned who owns alot of Cadillacs. Other than that time you mentioned him I’ve never been aware of him. Some nice cars.
    I couldn't remember if I did but yes, that's him and he's got some Caddy tats, really committed to the brand.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't remember if I did but yes, that's him and he's got some Caddy tats, really committed to the brand.

He can tattoo himself as he pleases, they do nothing for me and I don’t plan on ever getting any. Lol.

I wonder if he has any historic literature or photography. That’s the type of stuff I’m into.

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 581 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 814815315715725735745755765775785795805815825835845855865875885895905916316811081 ... LastLast