autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I ran through the ES through my "safe" carwash yesterday morning and you get a next day wash for FREE, so I used it after work. I left the carwash and headed to my local park for some shade to try out a new product on the paint. I mentioned previously that I tried Feynlab RW and made it up as a WW but too strong, strong enough to basically strip down my LSP's (not the coating though) Because of this I basically had a clean slate to start from...enter the product:

GYEON WAXWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm going to describe this product this way. Yeah it's old in application and removal and probably ingredients, but they tweaked them and added "something" modern to the mix. Tip of the cap for taking a couple years to develop a new WAX during spray on this and spray on that! What they basically did was a "Pro Touring" Wax (old school body with modern running gear) Yeah I know it's a car analogy but I think it best describes this product.

The product is well packaged as only Gyeon does it and comes with ergonomic applicator and high quality removal towel, not some POS throw away here! The twist with this product is after application you wait THIRTY MINUTES to remove. I heard you can leave it on overnight if you want to even. I waited the 30 minutes and it came off VERY easy, best way to describe it and I seriously mean E A S Y!! Theres no dust or fuss. The look is best described as a glow with a little sharpness. My paint was polished last year when I applied TAC system power plus Sio2 paint coating and well maintained since then, so that helps but I was happy with the new lookWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This Gyeon Wax was made to be a stand alone as well as a topper for ceramic coatings, I assume it would work with graphene coatings but I'm purely guessing here. I've heard durability is good but Gyeon doesn't make ridiculous claims at durability but I'd bet if you left it alone and maintained on a DD outside it would last a solid 4-6 monthes. Now I'll be honest here, as you guys know I can't leave it alone and I see myself applying another coat next month, what happens inbetween is a game time decision.

In closing I'll say this product was well worth the wait and the price and if my opinion means anything to you, I think you guys will LOVE this product without a doubtWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Uhhhh....... Are you serious, Rog??

Of course it does!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Uhhhh....... Are you serious, Rog??

Of course it does!
    Thanks Paul, I really appreciate it but I'm just blown away that a company can take what was old, throw black magic in it and it comes out like THIS! I see this product being one of the most popular of the year and I'm looking forward to other users using it and chiming in!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I ran through the ES through my "safe" carwash yesterday morning and you get a next day wash for FREE, so I used it after work. I left the carwash and headed to my local park for some shade to try out a new product on the paint. I mentioned previously that I tried Feynlab RW and made it up as a WW but too strong, strong enough to basically strip down my LSP's (not the coating though) Because of this I basically had a clean slate to start from...enter the product:

GYEON WAXWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm going to describe this product this way. Yeah it's old in application and removal and probably ingredients, but they tweaked them and added "something" modern to the mix. Tip of the cap for taking a couple years to develop a new WAX during spray on this and spray on that! What they basically did was a "Pro Touring" Wax (old school body with modern running gear) Yeah I know it's a car analogy but I think it best describes this product.

The product is well packaged as only Gyeon does it and comes with ergonomic applicator and high quality removal towel, not some POS throw away here! The twist with this product is after application you wait THIRTY MINUTES to remove. I heard you can leave it on overnight if you want to even. I waited the 30 minutes and it came off VERY easy, best way to describe it and I seriously mean E A S Y!! Theres no dust or fuss. The look is best described as a glow with a little sharpness. My paint was polished last year when I applied TAC system power plus Sio2 paint coating and well maintained since then, so that helps but I was happy with the new lookWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This Gyeon Wax was made to be a stand alone as well as a topper for ceramic coatings, I assume it would work with graphene coatings but I'm purely guessing here. I've heard durability is good but Gyeon doesn't make ridiculous claims at durability but I'd bet if you left it alone and maintained on a DD outside it would last a solid 4-6 monthes. Now I'll be honest here, as you guys know I can't leave it alone and I see myself applying another coat next month, what happens inbetween is a game time decision.

In closing I'll say this product was well worth the wait and the price and if my opinion means anything to you, I think you guys will LOVE this product without a doubtWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I feel like it’s failing at 2 month mark. Enough to the point i didn’t mind topping with Cosmic. For max protection 2-3 months...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was after 4 min downpour.... to be fair Cosmic looked same.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned tires with both Tuf Shine and 303 tire and rubber. For the price per gallon i’d go with TufShine.

If price not a concern or just getting a 32oz bottle i think the 303 is a better product. Smells better, looks cooler (neon purple) and cleans slightly better. No knock to TufShine.... great stuff.

Also if you don’t have a tire cleaning brush for your drill.... get one. Makes cleaning tires so much better.

Applied 2 coats of Mckee’s Tire coating (non sio2 version)

Rim Brim made it real easy w/o having to worry about scratching rims.... love that thing!

Tires today:

7. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, dwaleke, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This arrived for me today, just in time for my upcoming wheel detail -

(Apologies if this product/brand is out of line, these are hard to get in Australia and I'm just a little excited! )

9. Thanks Coatingsarecrack, dwaleke, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

(Apologies if this product/brand is out of line, these are hard to get in Australia and I'm just a little excited! )
    I had no idea something like this even existed. It wouldn't be worth it for me, but I'm certain you'll get your moneys worth out of it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

Nice. Just ordered one for myself.

Not something I use often but when I need it'll be a big help.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Applied a coat of Collinite 845 on the company car. It really brings out the clarity in even silver.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

15. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Applied a coat of Collinite 845 on the company car. It really brings out the clarity in even silver.

Makes the silver look like it's a liquid. Gotta love that.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    How long did you let it set up, UD?

I have actually found that the longer you let 845 set up, the easier it is to remove. (Unlike 476!)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 554 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 544545045445455465475485495505515525535545555565575585595605615625635646046541054 ... LastLast