autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Raining outside now, the Qashqai came in all wet, so I decided to take advantage. ONR wash, dried with Bowden's After Glow. I didn't do the wheels, that's for outside. All done in under 45 minutes. It's just so easy to wash a well maintained finish. Even better when it's a small car. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210504_193820-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210504_193941-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I don't know, I think I could have used more soap..........

On your car I'm sure it was enoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So its rained a little bit lately and I had to drive in it so the car was legitimately dirty, so after work this afternoon I got after itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by using Brake Buster in my IK Pro2 and all brushes, needed them all because I have alot of protection on and in the barrels the water/dirt dried in there and left beaded, dried dirt formations...yeah, formationsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the pre-wash in my CG's foam gun using P&S Pearl and a little bit of Auto-Fanatic snow foam. I used the entire container and went over the ES twice and even the tires/wheels/wells, can never be TOO CLEAN when it comes to your tires and wheelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Rinsed that all off and it looked pretty good but next up...2BM!

Now it had been a while since I did a 2BM carwash and for this I reached for my unopened bottle of Griot's Garage carwash soap. I added 2 ounces in about 3.5 gallons of water. It made good suds but as I got going with the wash they kinda went down a bit, maybe I didn't use enough soapWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I went around and did the entire car and THEN rinsed it off, time to dry.

For a drying aid it was time to use a product I put together myself YEARS ago, "FrankenDetailer". I did one section at a time and it worked very nicely, even though it was about 63 degrees and the sun was going down. The one thing I noticed was a noticeable "sharpness" to the paint and I really think it's because I did a contact wash instead of the usual foaming with the IK Foam 9/dwell/rinse and dry. I'm sure the FD helped out too but nothing is better than cleaning with touchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once I was done drying the car I grabbed my mini Master Blaster to dry the tires/wheels, jams, mirrors and grill area completely. Dressed the tires 2x's w/ Auto-Fanatic tire dressing. Also sprayed some CG's Signature scent in the interior after wiping the windows with a damp drying towel.

Now it sits and hopefully the rain stays away tomorrowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes Big Dave, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went after the scratch I got yesterday, It's mostly gone, I can still see it, but most wouldn't. I used Scholl S3 on a blue spider pad, multiple passes over about half an hour, making sure to keep the heat down, then Scholl S20 on a Shinemate yellow pad for another 15.

First pic is before, second is after, third is a zoom of the second, in case you can't see what's left. Last is the reason I didn't need to make it perfect, the door handle right next to it has been like this since I got it, it's only like this on the driver's door. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210506_145205-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210506_150123-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210506_150237-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210506_150535-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

8. Likes SNP209, DFB, MisterSnoop, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Added another coat of Shinecraft to the paint and Supersport to the wheels.

Was sad to read that Gyeon Leathersheild doesn’t work with aniline leather so added a couple coats od LeatherCoat.

Also polished exhaust tips with p21s polishing soap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Added another coat of Shinecraft to the paint and Supersport to the wheels.

Was sad to read that Gyeon Leathersheild doesn’t work with aniline leather so added a couple coats od LeatherCoat.

Also polished exhaust tips with p21s polishing soap

Wait...did I miss something here, did you get a new carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

So I had today off and it did infact rain overnight and I wasn't planning on going anywhere but a buddy in Coloroado is looking for an Abarth 124 and he found one in the color he wanted about an hour away from me so I told him I'd go and check it out for him. Long story short I guess they don't know what an Abarth is because it wasn'tWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Ofcoarse the ES was dirty from the trip there and back, so after getting back from the grocery store and having lunch it was time to wash the ES again, 2BM wash too.

No need for the details as I feel like you guys are like the person stuck next to Ted Striker in "Airplane" reading my long written, over detailed carwash explanations and I don't want you guys doing anything crazyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did finish up my bottle of Auto-Fanatic snow foam and 303 carwash soap thoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys, Big Dave, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wait...did I miss something here, did you get a new carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah i got in a wreck in December, Mustang totaled. Got this in January. I liked white because black sucks 1hr after detailing. Funny thing is although it looks good clean and cleaner longer..... not as much satisfaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I had today off and it did infact rain overnight and I wasn't planning on going anywhere but a buddy in Coloroado is looking for an Abarth 124 and he found one in the color he wanted about an hour away from me so I told him I'd go and check it out for him. Long story short I guess they don't know what an Abarth is because it wasn'tWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Ofcoarse the ES was dirty from the trip there and back, so after getting back from the grocery store and having lunch it was time to wash the ES again, 2BM wash too.

No need for the details as I feel like you guys are like the person stuck next to Ted Striker in "Airplane" reading my long written, over detailed carwash explanations and I don't want you guys doing anything crazyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did finish up my bottle of Auto-Fanatic snow foam and 303 carwash soap thoughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Great! Another excuse to buy more things.... What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah i got in a wreck in December, Mustang totaled. Got this in January. I liked white because black sucks 1hr after detailing. Funny thing is although it looks good clean and cleaner longer..... not as much satisfaction.

I'm sorry to hear this and I'm glad your ok for sureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?Are you going to put stripes on it? New rims? Damn...where the hell was I to miss thisWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 549 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 494494995395405415425435445455465475485495505515525535545555565575585595996491049 ... LastLast