autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So its rained quite a bit towards the end of the week and the ES was looking bad, really badWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now I got the 3 season set-up back on last weekend, then it was really warm and by the end of the week the temps had dropped about 30 degreesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?...and it rained alot. Now Saturday night, while it was raining I foamed the car down with P&S Pearl and let the rain wash away the dirt. I did this because the cars and coffee MadMerc and I were planning on attending was RAIN or SHINE, so I wanted the car to be "decent".

Sunday morning comes around and MadMerc reminds me the show starts an hour later than we thought, cool, I've got an hour and i got after it! I wanted to pre-wash with the Griot's Garage foaming ceramic wash and coat but I left my sprayer for the foam gun at my buddy's shop weeks ago, this was the first time I needed it for myself...figuresWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? So I foamed the car down again with the leftover P&S Pearl and then cleaned the tires/rims/wells up. For this Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner was my choice and man did it pull all the dirt up, brown foam and all! Once done there I rinsed the entire car down. Knowing it needed to be "touched" for a proper cleaning I used the leftover Ech2o from last weekend to do a quick wipedown of the ES with my trusty grout sponge. Finally I wiped the ES down with the Sucker Jr and my daughter and I headed to the show.

The road was pretty dry for the most part getting down there, well except for getting off of the freeway. Now to be fair the ES didn't look too bad but I gave it a quick wipedown with Griot's Garage Ceramic Speed Shine and wiped some "Eve's Better Half" graphene tire coating to finish it off. I mean the ES was invisible at this show and that's ok, I still needed it to look goodWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Fast forward to later and I just didn't feel right about the way it looked so while my daughter was taking a nap I foamed the car down AGAIN, let it dwell and did another proper cleaning of the tires and wheels, had half an IK foamer with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner and then added 3 capfuls of AMMO Frothe to it and cleaned them, worked great. I rinsed the entire car down and while wet I decided to try TWHS Pro Flex wax as a spray on, hose off application. I've been wanting to so this because i wasnt thrilled with the standard application of this. This product and I just don't get along because the sprayer got plugged up, took some time but I got around the car and rinsed it down. Between a damp Sucker Jr and a single 16 x 16 Griot's Garage PFM I dried the ES. I then grabbed the mini Master Blaster to dry the tires/wheels and some of the crevices. To finish up I applied 2x's 303 Tire Balm to the tires (gotta mix it sometimes) and vac'd out my dsughtes mat as well as mine...now I'm done!

I will say the paint felt VERY smooth after applying the Flex wax but I've got so many other products from TW to use, as well as others that I don't see a re-purchase of Flex Wax in my future. The ES now sits for a weeks worth of duty with temps in the mid to upper 50's and partly sunny this weekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes DETAILROOKIE, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned my interior. Last done July or august.

All purty inside now but here is an idea of what the oilfield does to your interior and I’m clean when I get in my truck or it’s be 100 times as bad. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1812-jpg

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1814-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes DFB, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ClayEd the windshield of my son’s Civic and the did all the exterior windows with the OPT Glass Clean & Protect I got in my last Autogeek order.

Post Thanks / Like

3D One w/ Meguiars M27.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

7. Likes SNP209, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the Mustang serviced today, considering the low miles I do, all they do is change the oil and charge me $500.

Of course the most vital request was adhered to -

That then meant I spent the afternoon detailing it.

9. Likes Big Dave, oneheadlite, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I clayed my car with Spam slices from the previous post....

Post Thanks / Like

A little leather cleaning, a little glass cleaning, and Prima Nero on the dash.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Couple days actually.

Wash: Griots Brilliant shine rinseless LATA apc on black trim

Decon: BlackFire Iron Remover and griots BS synthetic clay and mothers yellow OTC clay.

Polish: Griots Correcting cream and G15

Prep: BLackFire paint prep.

Coating One coat Tac Systems Moonlight, One coat Adam’s graphene spray coating...... Cerakote TrimCoat on trim.

And my thumb for posterity.

13. Likes Big Dave, DFB, MisterSnoop, SNP209, bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Usual maintenance wash

Meg's hyper wash

50/50 mix Meg's HCD and Sonax BSD as drying aid

Duragloss 253 on tires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Usual maintenance wash

Meg's hyper wash

50/50 mix Meg's HCD and Sonax BSD as drying aid

Duragloss 253 on tires

Really liking this car, stance and rims do wondersWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Btw when does it get some tintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 540 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 404404905305315325335345355365375385395405415425435445455465475485495505906401040 ... LastLast