autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that can of slime for the door pull areas, vents and random crevices What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Did a freebie detail for a neighbor. 1997 MB SL500 in Black Opal Metallic. She inherited from relative who passed away. Garage kept with 45k on the clock. She understands, and appreciates detail work. Since she is older I offered to scratch my detailing itch by cleaning it up for her. I wasn't looking for showcar correction, but just couldn't resist bringing this beauty back to life. The paint was in really good shape being that is lived most of it's life in a garage. Mostly drive through car wash swirls.

I wanted to do a one step correction process and then hit it with an LSP. I didn't have a lot of time so I needed to organize the most efficient pad/product combo. I was shooting for 70-80% correction. My original thinking was that I would be using my Flex for the whole car. After a whole grid of test spots, I was surprised that BF One Step with a Uro-fiber pad with a long throw 21 was the champ on this hard MB paint. With this combo I was able to move around the car fairly quick. I did have to go more aggressive on the hood.

This was one of those details where the results actually exceeded my expectations, and in less time than I had budgeted ( rarely the case for me ) The owner was almost in tears when she saw the finished product. It was nice as she had me walk her around the car and tell me how I accomplished various things with the detail. This one felt good.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any before pictures as my goal was just to get after it and get it done. When i did the 50/50 of the pad & product combo I took a pic as I could not believe the results. Unfortunately, my camera skills are lacking so you may not be able to make out the difference, but I assure you it was impressive considering I was using an AIO. I continue to be impressed with this product.

PROCESS

Tires / Rims
    - Hi Intensity APC 4:1
    - Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew to get tires even cleaner
    - APC wheelwells
    - Multiple Coats HyperDressing as Tires and wells soaked it up
    - Megs Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax for rims as I had it sitting in my cabinet

Interior was amazingly clean
    - vacuum carpet and mats
    - Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel on seats and interior
    - spot cleaned mats
    - will be applying Leather Protection Cream soon

Exterior
    - Hyper Wash w Foam Cannon
    - Clay
    - removed tar and crud with Tarminator
    - On hood I used Flex with LC Orange Force Hybrid with Fast Correction Cream as stronger correction needed
    - Long throw 21 with Uro-Fiber pads with BlackFire One Step
    - GG6 for tight areas using 4" LC orange and white pads and either BlackFire One step or FCC
    - LSP was WGDGPS

This pic doesn't come close to doing justice to show how effective Blackfire Onestep and URO-FIBER worked. My feeble attempt at catching late afternoon sun with a 50/50 shot!
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-50-50-jpg

This is an interesting color. Lots of pearl in it. Depending on lighting it takes on different hues
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-close-up-jpg

And, some shots after it was completed.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-left-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-right-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-rear-jpg

Since I'm just an enthusiast it's nice to get a chance to detail a cool older vehicle that's still in good enough shape that you can really transform it with a good detail. And, each time I do one of these I come away with major respect for you guys that do this for a living. At least for me, it takes a toll on my body!

PS - can someone tell me how to make my pics larger? I read the sticky Mike wrote on uploading. I resized all of these to 800 pixels wide, but they still seem small. (EDIT: pics look fine in TapaTalk. Just small on forum using a Windows computer.)

3. Likes dgage, MisterSnoop, jlindyman, Big Dave, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^That paint is deep and wett^^^^^What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ^^^^^That paint is deep and wett^^^^^What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Thanks. This paint color was enjoyable to revive.

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Little detail therapy over the weekend.
    First up we’re the wheels and tires, cleaned up with Megs D143 with a couple brushes for the tires, faces and barrels, finished up with DP Wheel Glaze and DP Tire Gel...two coats ( I like’em slimey wet!)

The wash included DG 901 with ten or eleven MF towels, dried with Griots PFM and blower. The

Since I was losing some beading and sheating, I applied two coats of WGDGPS , one on Saturday and the other on Sunday afternoon...turned out very nice!

I’m trying to decide to top it this evening or sometime this week with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran or 303 Graphene...any thoughts?

I also have a little touch up work with a qtip and doing the fender wells this week.

JF

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

8. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

That Mercedes looks great, and what a nice story of the owners appreciation for the work completed. It will look nice for many years to come, I have a good feeling about that.

And Jayfro, the Acura looks good!

Today I cleaned up my wife’s Flex. It was dirty and dusty from the dirt road. Lots of road film, etc. I also found a few spots that need polished due to the parking garage she uses for work.

Wheels and Tires done with Meguiars D143/Tuff Shine brush/Daytona Speedmaster brushes.

Washed with 3D Pink soap. First time using it, very nice soap.

Dried with Griots PFM and compressed air. That PFM has impressed me yet again.

Tires dressed with DG253.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

10. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, Jayfro, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had the day off. So truck wash time! 50`s and nice out. Used the UNDERWASHER with a pre soak of APC this time. Cleaned my reusable K & N Cabin filter. Went back to my wax shop cherry foam soap in my bucket/foam gun. The GRIOTS ceramic soap protection was still beading just from one use. Finished with TW HS WET WAX. Usual interior clean up/detail
    2018 Colorado ZR2

12. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did an interior clean on my Jeep.

Vacuumed.
    303 protectant on dash, door panels, and console.
    Blackfire Leather Complete on seats.
    Weathertechs cleaned and their protectant applied.
    Pedals wiped down, but not super cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1999 Camaro Z28

14. Likes TTQ B4U, oneheadlite, dgage, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speed round during my lunch break at work - Griot's Foaming Surface Wash via BOSS foam cannon, Quick once over of wheels w/ Foaming Surface Prep just via 10:1 spray bottle, PW rinse. Car hadn't been washed in a MN month, so chased it with a Brilliant Finish Rinseless multi-towel wash. Wiped dry with a grey square PFM. Ran out of time, Will hit it after work with a round of the Ceramic Speed Shine. So far all I've had time to try that on was the air exchange unit in my utility room at home (looks mint. ).

Yes, it's safe to say I'm a big Griot's fan. But it sure does work every time...

Pictures after work when I get a chance to finish.

16. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you do that on a lunch break? That’s movin’!
    1999 Camaro Z28

Page 521 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 214214715115125135145155165175185195205215225235245255265275285295305315716211021 ... LastLast