autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did some more work on the Qashqai today, treated the tyres with 303 Aerospace Protectant, sprayed it on, wiped it all over, let it soak for about 10 minutes, then wiped off the excess.

I then cleaned all the glass, I used a dilution of the windscreen washer additive I have, so many of the glass cleaners I've used leave a residue, this didn't out of the water squirters, so I thought I'd try it mixed in a squirt bottle. It works as good as the best I've tried, which was Scheiben-Klar from Einszett. I then coated all the exterior glass, even the mirrors, with RainX. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210219_165018-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210219_164922-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210219_165156-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just loaded the ES with 2 buckets and 3 carshow totes full of detailing products and various towels, I even have products in the carwash buckets. Its 3 degrees right now but I'm thinking the shop will be about 70 degrees if I had to guess. The 6 hrs of therapy will go a looooong way to my mental health todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So THIS is what I started with today...a M O N S T E R What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The owner pulled it in and rinsed it off with the power washer, just to knock off some of the snow and muck...then I got after it. I started by using the Griot's Garage Ceramic Wash and Coat in my Foam gun. I let it dwell and rinsed off and as you can see in the pic of the roof, its beading pretty good after the rinse. Next was a 2BM using DG carwash soap. Now I used a very soft brush the owner said he used on the truck, so "when in Rome"What did you do today, in regards to detailing? After doing 1/2 the truck I emptied both the rinse AND wash bucket and made a fresh batch of both, a 2 2BM wash. Going overboard is what I do so next up was Griot's Garage Poly Gloss in the IK foamer, let dwell and rinse. I finished up by using Brake Buster on the tires and wheels, rinsed and used my MINI Master Blaster on the tires/wheels. I dressed the tires with Auto Glym tire gel and the owner pulled it outside...next up the ES!

Btw, it took me 2.5 hrs to wash this B E A S T! Pretty good for a short 51 year old I thinkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You guys with big trucks, your not 5' 6", are youWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes DETAILROOKIE, minerigger, SNP209, DFB, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a Portillo's lunch (Italian beef w/mozzarella and hot gard(spelling) and crinkle fries and damn Pepsi, can you believe that, LOL, it was time for the ES to get cleaned up. I started by emptying the catchcan and it was about half full, surprisinglyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

To get thing started I used for the 1st time Griot's Garage foaming surface prep. Now this is supposed to be used when your about to lay something down, and I was planning to (more later). I poured 2 ounces in my IK 1.5 and foamed it down and let it dwell. While that was going on I used the "new and improved" Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner and it did a GREAT job, all 4 brushes used for sure here, hammered tires and wheels. I rinsed everything down and in the beading pic that's what it looked like AFTER the foaming surface prep, amazing! Either my TAC system power plus Sio2 paint coating is holding up great since last June and/or the 303 graphene is, either way I was VERY happy!

Next up was the Griot's Garage Ceramic Wash and Coat, again! Same thing here, used my foam gun and used the entire contents all over the car, let dwell and rinsed off. For the final wash, a 2BM, I again reached for the DG carwash soap and it did a great job, smelling awesome along the way. With everything still wet I finished by spraying Meg's HCW diluted 4:1 on the rims, wiped it in real good and rinsed away, leaving good beads!

I dried the entire car with my MINI Master Blaster, love using that thing and it was easy, even though it's not nearly as powerful as it's big brother. At this point I "thought" I had the time so I began to apply TW HS Pro Graphene to my car. Now I got to do the entire front clip, p/s doors & quarter panel and trunk before the owner closed up...damnWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Now I've gotta say this about the product. I used the same Foam applicator I used for the 303, but it was clean and used 2 sprays for half the hood and it was kinda of a b!tch to remove, required more effort than 303. That said, THE GLOSS AND SLICKNESS! These 2 words are thrown around like nothing but HERE it truely appliesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?So my rear bumper and d/s quarter panel and doors only have Griot's Garage Ceramic Wash and Coat over the TAC system and 303, I'm pretty sure its going to be fine. Since I was rushed out I didn't get to take any pics from the parking lot but I could clearly see the difference between the p/s treated WITH TWHS Pro and d/s NOT treated. I'm really looking forward to the wet application and spray on, hose off methods this spring/summer/fall.

Oh yeah I did dress the tires in Auto Glym tyre gel and it has great coverage, one swipe and it's done. Btw DFB I did apply lightly per your suggestion What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now ofcoarse the sun was out, melting was occurring and the car looked like sh!t when I got home, that pillar pic was the best I could do but it was treated with the TWHS Pro Graphene...the gloss, my God the gloss (wait...is that saying trademarked, do I need to send some money to MontrealWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

Thanks for looking and reading through my typical over detailed explanation of a Saturday afternoon INSIDE warm confines carwashWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, dgage, SNP209, DFB, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and BTW...I've got a big ass T-bone waiting to be air fried tonight and you know what....I deserve it today! Sweet potato and caesar salad coming along for the ride. Once done I think some Radiohead "Ok Computer" will be getting playedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes DetailKitty, dgage, Jayfro, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kinda detail related but installed my husky liners. Opted for the more expensive Xact fit vs the Weather beaters.

Super impressed and a good option vs Weather techs. Normally buy WT’s (their great!).

2 things led me to buy these. Better coverage in the Camaro and these are more pliable. More rubber like than plastic like but same laser fit. The Weather beaters are more like the WT’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes SNP209, Klasse Act, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pampered my father in laws Seltos. He wanted it protected for winter so I took care of that for him and topped it with a product that is no longer sold on AG, but it provides a High Gloss!What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Pampered my father in laws Seltos. He wanted it protected for winter so I took care of that for him and topped it with a product that is no longer sold on AG, but it provides a High Gloss!What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I really thoseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the recent winter blast with ice and snow, the car has never been as dirty...ever!

I felt like a commoner!!

With temps in the mid 60’s I got to work.
    Wheels and tires were hit with D143 and multiple brushes, seemed like it took forever!

Washing...went a little overboard, foamed with DG901 shampoo and power washed the heck out of it, barely made a dent! I used between 18-20 MF towels and a couple of mits using DG901...vertical panes got at least two MF towels, doors got a MF mit and two MF towels with the trunk using 3-4 MF towels!

After the initial wash was finished, i decided to use WG SiO2 rinseless wash, not as a drying aid but a full rinseless wash, just to make sure I didn’t miss any spots!

Dried using the GG PFM...what an amazing towel, I think this is the best purchase I’ve made or at least in the top 3.

Dressed the tires with DP Tire Gel, single coat for now but may apply another coat later this evening.

For the LSP, I used WG Instant Detail Spritz just to add a little pop back into it!!

Back to being a 1%’er!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

17. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, DETAILROOKIE, SNP209, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I really thoseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I didn't like them at first, but they are growing on me. They drive great, spacious, and good on gas. I love the color on this one too, but again I have a thing for Blue cars. Lol

Page 512 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 124124625025035045055065075085095105115125135145155165175185195205215225626121012 ... LastLast