autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post
    Spent 3 hours prepping for my engine bay detail tomorrow. Removed battery and cleaned and while I had it out I thought this was an opportune time to clean the battery post and terminals. I also gathered the tools and products I thought necessary to complete the job. I also cleaned and sealed all areas I thought were critical and could cause a problem if not protected. I put a tarp covered with a moving blanket underneath the area I will be cleaning so the garage floor will still be clean when I finish. I’ve already detailed underneath the hood and it was just as nasty as the engine bay.

There's one product missing from the cleaning products...Coca-Cola for the battery terminalsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Klasse Act;1703492]There's one product missing from the cleaning products...Coca-Cola for the battery terminalsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?[emoji6

When I said I cleaned the battery post and terminals I meant with a round battery post and terminal wire brush.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MX5HIGH;1703500]
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    There's one product missing from the cleaning products...Coca-Cola for the battery terminalsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?[emoji6

When I said I cleaned the battery post and terminals I meant with a round battery post and terminal wire brush.
    Right but Coke works great, as you surely know...PLUS it's the best POP in the worldWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Likes SANTA3013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

no pictures but I spent 8 hours compounding and polishing a 2019 Silverado woods runner ,,I could have done it faster maybe but I kept getting interrupted so I gave up on finishing it today and pulled on the udders a little
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    That Camaro gives me a tingling sensation The white and black contrast really works. I think I saw in another thread it's procharged? I had a chance to drive a stock one and was very impressed.
    Yeah it is. Gonna need some stickier tires it definitely gets up and goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I acquired 2 detailing products today:

1. Auto GLYM tyre gel. After watching the latest Forensic Detailing episode I bought this product because it won the competition, so I decided to buy and try it out, well, when I canWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2. No Mess tire dressing applicators. Now I have one of these for each of my TWELVE tire dressing products (except TW Endura tire coating because it ruins the applicator due to hardening) These also keep things neat and don't allow for cross contamination, yep, it's over the top but that's me, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Auto GLYM Tyre Gel is a good product that produces a gloss appearance. Make sure you apply sparingly otherwise it is sling city.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Auto GLYM Tyre Gel is a good product that produces a gloss appearance. Make sure you apply sparingly otherwise it is sling city.

How's real world durability?

Post Thanks / Like

How's real world durability?

Real world durability is not too bad and you will love the smell!

From the blurb -
    "It contains active silicone polymers which contribute to the depth of shine and durability."

More is not better with this stuff though. Either apply sparingly or make sure to knock it back after 10 min or you will be cleaning it off the lower panels at the next wash.

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another paid detail and another Subaru. I seem to be the late model Mazda and Subaru detailing guru at the moment.

Detailing in 45 deg C / 113 deg F was a challage but I managed to start early enough to avoid washing in the sun.

Today's vehicle was a 2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R Premium. While most Outback's are fitted with the standard issue 2.5 flat 4, this model is fitted with the rather unique flat 6. Outside of Porsche, Subaru were the only manufacturer messing with flat 6's. Sadly, Subaru have discontinued this engine for the new generation of Outback's.

This Outback is a well used and enjoyed vehicle, being used for exactly what Subaru portray in their marketing. Today it was sporting a healthy growth of bug stubble, dusty tires and sandy interior.

These wheels were not letting go of their accumulation of brake dust easily. I doubt the barrels of these wheels have ever been cleaned, Brake Buster to the rescue. It's at this point I really appreciate the value of regular cleaning negating the need for "deep cleaning".

This generation of Liberty/Legacy/Outback seems particularly prone to UV damage of the headlamps, the upright design of the lamps exposing them to the sun. Australia has some of the highest levels of UV radiation in the world, something manufacturers don't seem to cater for. The pics don't even display how bad these were, the inboard lamp and turn signals completely obscured by the haze.

Attacked with some polish on my 3 inch machine, I managed to remove a decent amount of the damage. I followed up with some sealant to provide some protection.

They are far from perfect, nothing short of wet sanding would get them back to new looking, but the customer was shocked at how much better they were.

The interior took up a fare amount of time, most of it spent sucking up sand and debris from carpet that did not want to cleaned! Plastics were cleaned with APC and dressed with 303, leather attended to with Leather Love, glass cleaned with Invisible Glass. Returning to the exterior, the black trims were dressed with 303 and tires dressed with Onyx.

Clean and ready for its next weekend adventure.

13. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB...113 degrees, doesn't the water just evaporateWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I wish you could send us about 25 of those degrees, then we'd just get alot rain tonight/early morningWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 499 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 399449489490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504505506507508509549599999 ... LastLast