autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddub69 View Post
    Yessir they do with a few good tugs. The car is parked in the garage and it’s dark out now but I snapped a couple of pics, hopefully it gives you an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Edit: nevermind red prvious posts. Look good similar to my new tips. What kinda car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Continued to polish the paint on my’08 Tacoma. Need to get that dent out.

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

3. Likes SNP209, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    I don't have OCD No. Out there in 32 degree weather doing my truck up. LOL. I was lucky. At least the water did not freeze. It was borderline tho. Salt and dirt off again. Now that's dedication!
    Meanwhile on the other side of the world, I just finished detailing in 38 deg C / 100 deg F heat.

Post Thanks / Like

This Velocity Red Mazda 3 belongs to a colleague and was in need of some DFB attention. In fact, I suspect it has never been deep cleaned before.

On my own cars, I rarely if ever use a wheel cleaner. This Mazda needed some extra cleaning power to help lift an accumulation of brake dust from the barrels.

It was then onto a pre-wash soak, using a detailing brush to agitate areas my wash mitt would miss. I then rinsed, re-foamed and completed the contact wash. I then followed up with an application of Hydr02. Again, I doubt this car has ever had anything applied in the name of paint protection.

Blown down, I used EliXir as a drying aid and to add some extra shine.

I then attempted to get some clarity from the headlamps that had been badly UV damaged. The results weren't perfect but a dam sight better than before. I followed up with an application of Reload.

Onto the interior, I started by cleaning up the door jambs and rubber seals using APC and Megs Last Touch.

An intensive vacuum followed before cleaning the interior plastics with Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. The gear knob, steering wheel and armrests needed more attention though, APC and a detail brush were used to lift a build up of grime. I then cleaned the glass with Stoners glass cleaner and dressed the tyres with CarPro Perl.

The Mazda came up pretty good. It will need a polish at some stage to address some light oxidation, something that will be seen to when the owner upgrades later this year.

The after-detail clean up.

It was a pretty sweaty slog in the heat but the customer was delighted with the result.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a great turnaround DFB! Nice work.

7. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The Mazda came up pretty good. It will need a polish at some stage to address some light oxidation, something that will be seen to when the owner upgrades later this year.

looks great!

9. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB, nice job there on the Mazda! Looking forward to the polishing of this car because that paint is spectacular when polishedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Kinda surprised you didn't use Brake Buster in a foamerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This morning I decided to take out my d/s WeatherTech floorliner and clean it. I first placed in the slop sink down in the laundry room and rinsed it off with scalding hott water and let it sit. I then went upstairs and grabbed the WeatherTech floorliner cleaner and sprayed it down real good, let it sit for about 5 minutes and scrubbed it with my short brissel tire brush. Once done I rinsed it down in the slop sink and it looked great. I brought it upstairs and dried it further with a dish towel and now it's over a heater vent to dry completely. The final step will be the application of WeatherTechs floorliner protectant and allowed to dry inside before being placed back into the car.

I wish I had done a before, during and after grouping of pics. I know people have other methods for cleaning these special floorliners but this is made by the people who make the floorliners themselves, a no brainer and the results truely speak for themselvesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    This morning I decided to take out my d/s WeatherTech floorliner and clean it. I first placed in the slop sink down in the laundry room and rinsed it off with scalding hott water and let it sit. I then went upstairs and grabbed the WeatherTech floorliner cleaner and sprayed it down real good, let it sit for about 5 minutes and scrubbed it with my short brissel tire brush. Once done I rinsed it down in the slop sink and it looked great. I brought it upstairs and dried it further with a dish towel and now it's over a heater vent to dry completely. The final step will be the application of WeatherTechs floorliner protectant and allowed to dry inside before being placed back into the car.

I wish I had done a before, during and after grouping of pics. I know people have other methods for cleaning these special floorliners but this is made by the people who make the floorliners themselves, a no brainer and the results truely speak for themselvesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

...on the heels of that, I decided to go all in! I took out the other WeatherTech floorliners and cleaned/conditioned them tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Then I took the vac out into the parking lot and vac'd out the car (its 27 degrees and overcast). I then grabbed the McKee's Interior Detailer and wiped down the door panels, seats, dash and center console...and the aluminum pedal covers. When I was finishing up it lightly began to flurryWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm going to go back out there and spray some Wurth interior fresh in there and re-install the WeatherTech floorliners and apply a 2nd coat of "Eve's better halfs" tire dressing.

Feels good having a clean car inside and out, the drive to work will be that much more enjoyable What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes dgage, boosteddub69, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing I did a few weeks ago.
    DIY car wash to spray off the salt and dirt on my Golf R and then went home and did a rinseless wash. She's all shiny again. No pictures because it looks the same as last time (posted somewhere in this thread)

Page 495 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 395445485486487488489490491492493494495496497498499500501502503504505545595995 ... LastLast