autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Yeah i’m not rich by anymeans. Do alright in my current job but pretty broke before that. I just have no kids, never married (divorced) and pretty frugal.

I don’t really do extravagant vacation (most like them, me? I just feel more depressed coming back to real life). I do feel blessed though as cars are my happy place.

Yeah the new supra is a sexy beast. Even got past the BMW stuff. It was size of a C7 it woulda been a wrap.

You seem like a good dude so keep the grind up and hope to see you in a supra (i vote yellow) soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks man, appreciate that! I've had a couple street machines but that was from 1991-1999. Started out modding a 78' Caprice Classic 2 door that ran low 12's w/ a SBC and NO NOS, sold it to buy an 87' GN that I had for 5 years and got it into mid 12's with a tired engine/trans. Knowing what I know now I'd rather have something FAST as a DD, new cars are amazing but there's something about the size, look and smell of an old muscle car. I'm originally from the D so it's literally in my DNAWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t really do extravagant vacation (most like them, me? I just feel more depressed coming back to real life). I do feel blessed though as cars are my happy place.
    Amen. Do what makes you happiest, consistently and most often. Cars are my happy place right now too. Used to go out every other night in my 20s and early 30s, blowing tons of money. Now all my blown money goes to my son or my car stuff. And I’m happy, consistently, and often. God bless.

3. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thanks man, appreciate that! I've had a couple street machines but that was from 1991-1999. Started out modding a 78' Caprice Classic 2 door that ran low 12's w/ a SBC and NO NOS, sold it to buy an 87' GN that I had for 5 years and got it into mid 12's with a tired engine/trans. Knowing what I know now I'd rather have something FAST as a DD, new cars are amazing but there's something about the size, look and smell of an old muscle car. I'm originally from the D so it's literally in my DNAWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yeah love the smell of some old detroit Muscle.... Grand National! Awesome! One of my bucket cars. My detroit muscle started with a 71 Monte Carlo with a 350. Not much muscle but loved it.

Next up i think though is a japanese toy or a g body Monte SS.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah love the smell of some old detroit Muscle.... Grand National! Awesome! One of my bucket cars. My detroit muscle started with a 71 Monte Carlo with a 350. Not much muscle but loved it.

Next up i think though is a japanese toy or a g body Monte SS.

Why a Monte Carslow, curious? At that point get that GN or a T-type or Limited w/ WE4 option, look up the laterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear there are others like me who don't do vacations. I hate them, I spend hours traveling somewhere and then just wan't to turn around and go home. Like you, cars are my happy place too. My idea of a good holiday is just tinkering with my cars in the garage.

7. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Why a Monte Carslow, curious? At that point get that GN or a T-type or Limited w/ WE4 option, look up the laterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just always a car I liked as a kid. GN and GNX’s alot more. T-type? And limited? Regals?

Post Thanks / Like

The Jaguar's turn for a wash this week.

The XE's steering wheel needed attention today as well. The feel of the leather was rather slick and grotty. Scrubbed and treated with some non-AG products.

Looking and feeling much better.

10. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just always a car I liked as a kid. GN and GNX’s alot more. T-type? And limited? Regals?

Yes...the T-type and Limited's were Regala, although in the early to mid-80's you could have the T-tyoe package on a Skyhawk, Riveria, Century and from 1987-89 a LeSabre, which I also had but these were NA 3800 V6's. The Regal Limited from 1986-87 were available w/ the GN drivetrain (WE4 option code). Imagine a G-body Regal with all the chrome trim, hood ornament, Landau top (if optioned) Corning light (if optioned) and 60/40 split bench, pillow seats w/ leather being an option as well. The rims were directly from the T-Type. Speaking of the T-type the name was dropped for the 87 model on Regals, it was simply called the Turbo T, a small black, square badge w/ red T inside was on the lower, front fender. Since I'm on a roll here, LOL, aluminum resr brake drums were an interesting option as well on all of these cars. They produced 1035 Limiteds w/WE4 package in 87', 1547 Turbo T's for 87 and 547 GNX's.

Yeah, I remember my turbo Regal info, I'm txting this @5:12 a.m. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Thanks Craig Encinitas, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

On the list:

‘93 Mustang Cobra R
    Buick GNX
    Buick Regal Turbo
    Pontiac Trans am Turbo
    GMC Syclone
    GMC Typhoon

Minus the Cobra, we can see the V6 turbo want is strong over here. And now I just realized those were all 4spd automatics. Well, Cobra it is.

Klasse, I was at the drag strip on an unofficial GM turbo day back in the early 90’s. Fastest turbo V6’s I’d ever seen. Heavily modded Grand National and a Regal staging...sounded like a pair of jets readying for take off. And take off they did! That did it for me.

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Working on my Truck today, using WG Finishing Glaze and LC Tang Hydro-Tech Pads.

16. Likes Craig Encinitas, DFB liked this post
Page 477 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 377427467468469470471472473474475476477478479480481482483484485486487527577977 ... LastLast