autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hey DFB, get yourself an IK foamer and then try the Brake BusterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? You'll want the gallon size of Brake Buster, ofcoarseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey DFB, get yourself an IK foamer and then try the Brake BusterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? You'll want the gallon size of Brake Buster, ofcoarseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm assuming one of these would work as well?

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polished and recoated the hood on my R. Had bug guts etched into the coating and I figured I had just a wee bit of CSL and EXOV4 that needed to get used up this fall.

Hit it with Ultimate Polish and a microfiber pad followed up by an orange pad. I didn't have any compound left, but the polish worked just fine. I also removed a scratch that I didn't get when I first corrected the paint. Now I just need to be a little more diligent at removing bug guts before they etch the coating.

6. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the talk about foaming WW lately I decided to do just today with the only one I know of that's specifically market to do just that and its AMMO Frothe. My car was a weeks worth dirty and I wanted the car clean when swapping out the 3 season tire/wheel set up for the snow shoes/stock rims. I did the car and then the tires and wheels with it, better cleaning on those later this evening. When I was done I applied a coat of Beadmaker, it's almost 60 degrees here and wanted a little extra POP on such a beautiful dayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes Odrapnew, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To add another item to the list.
    The bottom of my hatch was rubbing on the top of the bumper, wearing the paint away on both the hatch and bumper. Apparently this is somewhat common and can be corrected by adjusting brackets behind the bumper. Unfortunately that requires removal of the bumper and I'm not sure if it's covered by the certified warranty.

I am concerned about wearing through the paint to the metal, causing rust so I hit the areas with some touch-up paint a few weeks back.

Today, I applied some Xpel door edge guard to the edge of the hatch and top of bumper where there were scuff marks.

I'm very impressed with the Xpel. It was very easy to apply and is virtually invisible. We'll see how long it lasts, but if I get a year out of it and have to reapply, I still have about 90ft left of my 100ft roll, so I could apply it once a year for the next 10 years. It was hard to get a good picture of the hatch because it blended in so well.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good times
    I need a lot of new pads

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting close to freezing temps. Nice day Saturday. Normal wash and detailed engine. Used BF engine cleaner for the first time. Nice product. Followed with Sonus motor kote.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night, while doing laundry, I cleaned up my 3 season tires/wheels. I used Griot's Garage Brilliant Shine rinseless wash mixed up as a WW for the cleaning. I washed the ES earlier in the day, so a simple wipe was all that was needed. After that I applied a coat of 303 graphene to the wheel faces and barrels, all protected for when they go back on in the spring of 2021What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

The city is living up to its nickname of "The Windy City" this morning. My phone shows it being 36 degrees right now and its gotta be gusting 20 mph + winds right now. That said I decided to apply a dressing to my sponges...urrrr, Blizzaks and reached for something I couldn't remember thr last time using....Eco Touch tire dressing. I'll say it made them look good, how long before the Blizzaks pores drink it down is another thingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize how terrible an uncoated windshield is. This week I had a windshield replaced on the company car and a week's worth of rain on an uncoated windshield made the drive unbearable. It finally stopped raining yesterday and my two choices were Aquapel and Griots Glass Sealant. The temperature was in the high 30's so Aquapel was out. I applied two coats of Griots Glass Sealant and while I was at it, I thoroughly cleaned the inside of the glass with Invisible Glass. I had to go over certain areas twice to remove some smeared adhesive.
    The guys at Safelight also messed with the position of the wiper arm. While I was in good spirits, I removed the arm and adjusted the position.

18. Likes Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
Page 459 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 359409449450451452453454455456457458459460461462463464465466467468469509559959 ... LastLast