autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Lol

The rake is something I like about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Quick wash with HW, McKee’s trim restore maintenance coat, and DG 253 on the tires.

A thing of beauty.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The truck got a foam gun and a one bucket wash. I wanted to try Griots Garage Bug Barricade. Let’s see if the bugs wash right off.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

6. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did some rework on a partially sloppy coating attempt. 3 panels including the hood recoated with CQ UK due to smeary-looking finish (high spots) on black paint.

What a difference proper lighting (sunlight) makes when checking the final finish! Who’d have known?

Post Thanks / Like

I gave the Qashqai a wash today, it got rained on this morning and I don't want to risk more water spots. It's been parked outside while I work on the FJ.

It must be my weekend for digging out old products, after cleaning the FJ with Lime Prime, I dug out some Black Wow for all the black plastic trim, to see if it lasts any longer than 303. It will be inside for another couple of days till finish it, so I'm hoping it might be absorbed, or bond better. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200920_165932-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200920_170147-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200920_170310-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Likes acuRAS82, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I did some rework on a partially sloppy coating attempt. 3 panels including the hood recoated with CQ UK due to smeary-looking finish (high spots) on black paint.

What a difference proper lighting (sunlight) makes when checking the final finish! Who’d have known?
    Nice job. FWIW, cloudy days are absolutely the best for checking coatings for high spots on dark finishes. You can see smears and high spots in sun yes, but your eyes will pin point to reduce the light/brightness coming in vs on a cloudy day.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

11. Likes Bruno Soares, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Nice job. FWIW, cloudy days are absolutely the best for checking coatings for high spots on dark finishes. You can see smears and high spots in sun yes, but your eyes will pin point to reduce the light/brightness coming in vs on a cloudy day.
    Thanks, and yes! I first noticed I wasn’t happy with these panels on an overcast day. Lightly polished them, recoated and did the best I could to ensure smooth application with shade on a sunny day. I’ll take what I can get.

I learned a lot from my first full paint coating experience... take the lighting very seriously even if that means pulling the car out and back into my garage every few panels. And I applied my second coat a week after the first due to being on vacation inbetween. In hindsight I would have stuck to one coat or rushed the second coat with proper strategy right before leaving on vacation. Maybe someone reading this will benefit from my mishaps.

Wish I could have redone the whole thing but it’s all good... I think my wife is ready to have her car back, lol.

13. Likes TTQ B4U, luckycarretera liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned my d/s floor mat as well as my daughters mat with my Biseel Little Green Machine and 1:1 ratio of Purple Power, came out great, water was very dirty, doesn't take long for those mats to get dirty. I'll be doing it after I get back from the Dragon too, d/s mat gets hammered on that trip...but well worth itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

In preparing for Tropical Storm Beta on Saturday, had the dealer change the oil and rotate the tires...and no wash please!

Came home, rinseless washed with Wolfgang Uber, followed up with Pinnacle Crystal Mist as the LSP, WETs and Blackfire Trim Sealer on some of the trim, 303 Protectant on the tires (first time trying on tires), and finally coated the glass with Pinnacle GlassCoat!

Today I rinselessed washed the wife’s X3 with Uber...it was filthy too otherwise I would’ve hit it later in the week...5 minutes after she she left for the grocery store, it started sprinkling...oh well!

I had to go to the grocery store to grab a few things she forgot this evening...of course I took her car while mine sat in the dry garage...tomorrow mine gets the rain!!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

16. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Be safe Jay^^^^^What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 442 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 342392432433434435436437438439440441442443444445446447448449450451452492542942 ... LastLast