autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This was suppose to be a “quick” turnaround but I tried multiple techniques to try and bring out some shine, but I had to end up wet sanding,compounding and topped it with #7

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile appWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0492-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0483-jpg  

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So after last nights "washing in the dark" because of a massive thunderstorm I had to touch up some random sticky stuff on the ES. I used Goof-Off, stuff is incredible. Then it happened, you guys know what I'm talking about, got that "itch".

To scratch the itch I reached for a product I've been looking at for a while and then just look away...BSDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? As most of you know, some may not, the "D" in the name stands for "detailer" and it couldn't be further from that. This product is on the thicker side and just sprays and wipes out nice and leaves a REAL, noticeable difference in how your paint looks, even a perfected finish.

I can't say enough GREAT things about this product other than if you haven't tried it it...TRY IT and if you have it, like it, use it...check your stock and if your 1/2 full get some on your next orderWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Damn this stuff is good...what's in thereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes DFB, DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finished polishing and coating a Indian. If I can get him to pick it up soon I will get some out in the sun hopefully.

6. Likes DMiglio, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
    I finished polishing and coating a Indian. If I can get him to pick it up soon I will get some out in the sun hopefully.

That is an interesting looking front end.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Another set of headlights, this time off a 2009 Porsche with over 165k miles on it.

1000 then 3000 grit, 2-step polish and finally 2 layers of UV Headlight Coating Spray. Same treatment on both sets.

These were from a 12yr old Subaru. I give them a 9/10 considering they done by someone previously who hit them with some pretty heavy grit paper and tried filling it with layers of clear.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes DMiglio, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Another set of headlights, this time off a 2009 Porsche with over 165k miles on it.

1000 then 3000 grit, 2-step polish and finally 2 layers of UV Headlight Coating Spray. Same treatment on both sets.

These were from a 12yr old Subaru. I give them a 9/10 considering they done by someone previously who hit them with some pretty heavy grit paper and tried filling it with layers of clear.

Looks great!

Have you ever tried the Griot's Garage headlight resto kit? I ask because I did the ex's Mazda 6 years ago, guaranteed for 2 years and after 2 they still looked great What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Finally a break from the rainy weather. Cleaned her up and finished her with some Poly Seal from Xtreme Solutions.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

12. Likes VISITOR, derek0609, DMiglio, Klasse Act, DFB and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing much except got caught up on my microfiber wash!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Looks great!

Have you ever tried the Griot's Garage headlight resto kit? I ask because I did the ex's Mazda 6 years ago, guaranteed for 2 years and after 2 they still looked great What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    I have not used theirs and while I'm sure it's good, based on what I've seen I think there are better results to be had. The difference is that their kit suggests spraying the coating on a lens that's been finely sanded but not polished back to full clarity.

With my process the lenses are not only sanded but then receive a quick 2-step polish which leaves them crystal clear. The ones you see above are fully coated but even prior to the coating being sprayed on they are 99% of what you seen here. Polished back crystal clear and like new.

The coating I use is Meguiar's G17804 Headlight Coating and goes on with two coats and slightly enhances the clarity but more than anything, it seals in the correction work. The polishes I use are Rolite Heavy Cut Scratch Remover and Rolite Ultra Fine Scratch Remover. All three products are awesome and among the best I've used and I've used many.

Hope this helps.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh your process is more involved just curious to see if you had checked it out "just to see". I know this, those headlights were so bad that using the brights was the only way to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 427 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 327377417418419420421422423424425426427428429430431432433434435436437477527927 ... LastLast