autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    I always used wadding polish (Eagle One currently). Does the S100 do a better job or...? I am almost out of the wadding and was going to buy more. The only thing I use the stuff is on the exhaust tips for both cars.
    Oh man, I really wish I could tell you one way or the other which is better or worse and why, but it’s been probably 10 years since I last used E1 wadding polish.

I can say for sure the S100 is best suited to maintenance washes(biweekly/monthly) or tips that are relatively new and only lightly “stained.” I like it because it has a good foaming/cleansing action to it and leaves some type of protection behind

It uses a small coarse foam pad (think foam bug scrubbers) and a bar of polishing soap. The foam itself although coarse won’t take out pitting or heavy exhaust stains. In saying that I feel few things really do but it can’t cut through like steel wool is what I’m trying to get at.

Unfortunately idk how the E1 wadding Polish stacks up to the S100 or 0000 steel wool and metal polish. I really do enjoy the ease of S100, how nice it is to use the pad and scrub in the soap, having it foam and rinsing away to leave some protection behind.

edited to add: the pictures of those tips are from my parents car, it has about 14k on it and about a year old. They’ve never been detailed to that level before and the S100 did a fine job cleaning them up.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

2. Thanks Bearcats98 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Oh man, I really wish I could tell you one way or the other which is better or worse and why, but it’s been probably 10 years since I last used E1 wadding polish.

I can say for sure the S100 is best suited to maintenance washes(biweekly/monthly) or tips that are relatively new and only lightly “stained.” I like it because it has a good foaming/cleansing action to it and leaves some type of protection behind

It uses a small coarse foam pad (think foam bug scrubbers) and a bar of polishing soap. The foam itself although coarse won’t take out pitting or heavy exhaust stains. In saying that I feel few things really do but it can’t cut through like steel wool is what I’m trying to get at.

Unfortunately idk how the E1 wadding Polish stacks up to the S100 or 0000 steel wool and metal polish. I really do enjoy the ease of S100, how nice it is to use the pad and scrub in the soap, having it foam and rinsing away to leave some protection behind.

edited to add: the pictures of those tips are from my parents car, it has about 14k on it and about a year old. They’ve never been detailed to that level before and the S100 did a fine job cleaning them up.
    No worries. I just read posts everywhere and when I see people using different things for similar tasks I am doing I ask. :-D My Fusion has 70K and while when buffed with the wadding it looks awesome. But it is starting to pick up some rust beyond what most people will see. The Rav4 has 10k on it.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. I just read posts everywhere and when I see people using different things for similar tasks I am doing I ask. :-D My Fusion has 70K and while when buffed with the wadding it looks awesome. But it is starting to pick up some rust beyond what most people will see. The Rav4 has 10k on it.
    Darn, now you got me thinking I need to buy some E1 wadding polish!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m working on a rough one! I had to pull out the 7What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-adjustments-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have the P21s polishing soap (probably the same thing since they're sister companies). I've never used it on a car. But, it's the best product I've found to clean the face of a stainless steel refrigerator.

7. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    Darn, now you got me thinking I need to buy some E1 wadding polish!
    I dunno. Wadding polish seems "old school". I was thinking your way because thats more "current"...LOL!

9. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno. Wadding polish seems "old school". I was thinking your way because thats more "current"...LOL!
    Haha! Maybe wait for another sale and grab it, it really is a good product. Only seeing the P21s product...

P21S Polishing Soap - State-of-the-art German metal-polishing technology is now available from P21S.

The S100 has a white sponge that seems a bit thicker than the yellow one in the ad for P21s

11. Likes Bearcats98 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Mother's Plastic Polish and a foam polishing ball on my drill to clean up the face on this watch. I just wanted to clean it up a little, I wanted to keep some of its deeper scars. We found it during the pack up of our old house in Jan this year. It belonged to my grand father who died in 1976. It's a Seiko 5, so no battery and no winding required, everyone else thought it was broken, but I already have a Seiko 5 so I know the weird feeling of something loose inside is just the weight that moves with your movement to wind it. I wore it for a few hours yesterday, my body heat warmed it up and the movement wound it, and just like magic it's working again. Serial number shows it was manufactured June 1968, two years before I was born. Forgive the long post, a little off the normal stuff, but I thought this was cool.

Dave. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200730_214939-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

13. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes DMiglio, DFB, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

15. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Dave, nice work and even nicer watch!

17. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
Page 421 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 321371411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426427428429430431471521921 ... LastLast