autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I bought this “beater” a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to start cleaning it up. It has been sitting outside for many years and never washed much less waxed or had any paint protection applied to it. I was not concerned so much about how it looked when I bought it but after having it a few weeks I decided I wanted to try to make it look better.

Like I said it’s a beater so I wasn’t too concerned about what I used to clean it up. The crud on the paint was terrible so since I had my pressure washer already out to clean the wheels before I painted them I decided to try it on the paint. After using the pressure washer on the paint I could see it wasn’t doing a very good job. I got out my Meguiar’s APC full strength and a stiff bristle brush and went to work and then finished with the pressure washer and it did a good job. Of course I would never use a pressure washer on any other vehicle.

I got two of the wheels painted so next I will pull it in the garage and see what happens when I try to clay the paint staring on the roof of the cab. After that I’m not sure what I will do but whatever I decide to do I will start on the top. Of course I will paint the other two wheels. My MX5 GT is my garage queen and if even gets dust on it I’m on top of it. I also try to keep my wife’s van detailed as well but those two are not any challenge like the “new” truck. Everyone likes a challenge, right?

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

2. Likes Big Dave, DFB, DMiglio, Misterpaul, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally finished this 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S after about 26-28 hours total detailing the exterior plus a ceramic coating install.

4. Likes DFB, MadMerc, DMiglio, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MX5HIGH, nice turnaround with that before and after. The “beater” cleaned up well and the added contrast of clean white decals and freshly painted wheels knocked some extra years and miles of the overall package. I’m quite jealous I’d love to pick up an older small body pick up
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

6. Likes SANTA3013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post
    I bought this “beater” a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to start cleaning it up. It has been sitting outside for many years and never washed much less waxed or had any paint protection applied to it. I was not concerned so much about how it looked when I bought it but after having it a few weeks I decided I wanted to try to make it look better.

Like I said it’s a beater so I wasn’t too concerned about what I used to clean it up. The crud on the paint was terrible so since I had my pressure washer already out to clean the wheels before I painted them I decided to try it on the paint. After using the pressure washer on the paint I could see it wasn’t doing a very good job. I got out my Meguiar’s APC full strength and a stiff bristle brush and went to work and then finished with the pressure washer and it did a good job. Of course I would never use a pressure washer on any other vehicle.

I got two of the wheels painted so next I will pull it in the garage and see what happens when I try to clay the paint staring on the roof of the cab. After that I’m not sure what I will do but whatever I decide to do I will start on the top. Of course I will paint the other two wheels. My MX5 GT is my garage queen and if even gets dust on it I’m on top of it. I also try to keep my wife’s van detailed as well but those two are not any challenge like the “new” truck. Everyone likes a challenge, right?

Nice man what year? Did my dads old beater but couldn’t get it anywhere close to perfect just made it look better. As you will see the only remaining option is repainting. Single stage

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whalerfreak View Post
    Nice man what year? Did my dads old beater but couldn’t get it anywhere close to perfect just made it look better. As you will see the only remaining option is repainting. Single stage

It’s an 88 and tougher than nails

9. Likes SANTA3013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, mine is a 1993. Yours does look better than before.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a simple wash and spray wax after being parked up for a week

-Foamed and bucket washed with Sonax Car Shampoo
    -Paint got Bead Maker(remember this stuff!?) for drying aid.
    -Wheels and wheel wells with Brake Buster and an iron remover in barrels and faces. Bead Maker wipe down.
    -Tires cleaned with DP All Purpose Cleaner. Dressed with some old EcoTouch tire dressing.
    -Glass was coated with a spray coating from Eve’s husband(idk who coined this but I love it haha!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

12. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, SANTA3013, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polished this Taycan Turbo today. Will be coating tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Polished this Taycan Turbo today. Will be coating tomorrow.

O...M..G What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Washed the work truck. Got wireline gel all over it Friday night. Aint none of you ever want to deal with that stuff. Took 2 gallons of super clean degreaser. Used it 100% no dilution. Had to try and scrub the paint off the truck. Once done with that went to the coin op and hit it with pre treat and then yea because it’s hammered and not worth it I went over it with the brush and foam and proceeded to try and again scrub the paint off. Rinsed and it was squeaky clean. Put some hydro blue on there and rinsed and then a quick spotless rinse. Used the company wash card so care less how long it takes. Once done did the redneck blow dry of 80mph down the interstate for 5 miles, turn around and come back. Ready to get dirty on the next job.

16. Likes PaulMys, DMiglio liked this post
Page 419 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 319369409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423424425426427428429469519919 ... LastLast