autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After the prep, I coated the truck roof with 2 coats of UK 3.0 and a coat of Ti02.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-12b3256e-8871-4cae-9e90-3373377e50c9-jpg

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-ab6d009e-8c2c-42e3-9ded-bd705899de67-jpg

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    You feeling better Eldo? Glad to see you back to detailing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea I’ve been good for a while now... Just a bit lazy lately... But...

I Finally got around to polishing my cars paint...

Time for the finishing touches.. It should be easy peasy from here on out.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack, SWETM, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I pulled 75ft of airhose and my Ridged portable into the house and used my Tornador Velocity Vac to do the stairway going to our second floor and then did the same thing on the carpet going down from the main floor to the lower level. Tomorrow I'll bring it back down the lower level and do all around the perimeter and give it a good early spring cleaning.

Using it REALLY helps stand up the fibers of the carpet on stairs so it doesn't begin to show a wear pattern.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I pulled 75ft of airhose and my Ridged portable into the house and used my Tornador Velocity Vac to do the stairway going to our second floor and then did the same thing on the carpet going down from the main floor to the lower level. Tomorrow I'll bring it back down the lower level and do all around the perimeter and give it a good early spring cleaning.

Using it REALLY helps stand up the fibers of the carpet on stairs so it doesn't begin to show a wear pattern.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Even your lawn mower is a Mustang. lol!
    I even have a green one too, this 1970's Victa VC Mustang was my Grandfathers.

And a little red Corvette as well.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mdjas View Post
    Nothin major but clean wifes sienna headlights. Just a quick hand application of plastic x and then sealed with turtle wax seal and shine.
    Only got pics of pass side. Didn’t remember to take pics till i was already done drivers.

Before

After

A little hack or how to describe it LOL that works really great on oxidized headlights. Is to use a metall polish and do like a polishing that you do on the paint. Think it's something in those that desolves and abrade the oxidized part on them. I just used the metall polish that I had on hand. But on the YT video I saw it in they used Mothers Mags and Aluminium Polish. I did a 2 step with a mini polisher and first a light cut foam cutting pad and then Mothers Billet Polish on a medium cut foam polishing pad. This was on a car that just sat out in the wild and with no maintance or anything it lasted 9-10 months. With a good maintance I think that you can have it looking better for a longer time. PlasticX did a good job. If you have any headlights to try it out on give the metall polish a try it's really great and cleared up some bad headlights I did. That proberly the oem UV protection was done on. This is when you do have oxidized headlights and if they just are a little hazy I would just use and what I do on the paint. So you keep what oem UV protection layer left as much as possible. When that is done and you want to restore them properly it's a lot more work. The metall polish can help you get by a year or more until you may have the time to do them thoroughly or buys new ones.

Have happened something in album on my profile site here in the pics album called Passat. There I had a before and after picture of that I did. I was very surprised how clear they got and didn't expect that from just useing a metall polish LOL.

11. Likes Mdjas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    A little hack or how to describe it LOL that works really great on oxidized headlights. Is to use a metall polish and do like a polishing that you do on the paint. Think it's something in those that desolves and abrade the oxidized part on them. I just used the metall polish that I had on hand. But on the YT video I saw it in they used Mothers Mags and Aluminium Polish. I did a 2 step with a mini polisher and first a light cut foam cutting pad and then Mothers Billet Polish on a medium cut foam polishing pad. This was on a car that just sat out in the wild and with no maintance or anything it lasted 9-10 months. With a good maintance I think that you can have it looking better for a longer time. PlasticX did a good job. If you have any headlights to try it out on give the metall polish a try it's really great and cleared up some bad headlights I did. That proberly the oem UV protection was done on. This is when you do have oxidized headlights and if they just are a little hazy I would just use and what I do on the paint. So you keep what oem UV protection layer left as much as possible. When that is done and you want to restore them properly it's a lot more work. The metall polish can help you get by a year or more until you may have the time to do them thoroughly or buys new ones.

Have happened something in album on my profile site here in the pics album called Passat. There I had a before and after picture of that I did. I was very surprised how clear they got and didn't expect that from just useing a metall polish LOL.
    Thanks for the tip ill have to give it a try. Yeh this was literally like a 2 min job. Could have gotten better but i was mainly just bored. Yeh the plastix only lasts about a month or so and there back to hazy. So thats y i topped with seal and shine and see how it does

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed both the FJ Cruiser & Qashqai with ONR early this morning, I didn't realise how quick and easy it is to use. It's supposed to hit 45C (113F) here today, so I had to get it done early.
    Dave

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

15. Likes SWETM, DFB, Misterpaul, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was raining but i wanted to get months or more of dirt off my denali envoy so went to the self serve and gave her a wash. Even tho its raining its still nice to know its cleaner.

Also coated her with meguiars hcw for added protection.

17. Likes SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

With rain falling for the first time since early December, the little cat got a bit dirty, any excuse to break out the detailing toys.

Whilst it looks great when clean, piano black trim is a pain. It shows dust and fingerprints far too easily and care must be taken not to get interior dressings on it as it leaves greasy smears. I have been using quick detailer to wipe maintain it.

And now for some OCD madness. The wheel nuts still exhibiting some grime, I used some APC with a brush to get them up to standard then wiped the wheel over with some QD and dressed the tires.

I then took the engine cover off, applied some CarPro Perl and cleaned the rocker cover and inlet manifold.

Super happy with the new Kwazar sprayers after getting plenty of use today, highly recommend.

19. Likes SNP209, PaulMys, Diner, SWETM liked this post
Page 336 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 236286326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346386436836 ... LastLast