autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I know a lot of guys like to store their towels and pads etc in some cool ways.

I found these at Michael's (craft store) today. 60% off. $8 each.

They work great for my pad storage. I have a few more pads on the way to go with my new flex pxe80 that I recently aquired.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent a couple days cleaning up a friend's 1940 Ford deluxe Pickup. This truck was slightly neglected over the past few years by the previous owner but I thinks it's happy now. Started with some Griot's compound and then used some 3D speed with a micro fiber pad. I used a flex orbital direct drive polisher and finished off the job with some ceramic spray boost from Adam's.
    Top photo is after a wash and the rest are the finished product.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Took all of my products and equipments in from the garage today. The weather switched fast yesterday and went from rain to snow and then freezed on over the night. Seems to be switch to warmer weather again in a couple of days. So maybe I can do 1 more wash at home and outside.

A couple of weeks ago I finally got a place to polishing the Kia cee'd. It was not a full polishing and basicly just the horizontall panels I did. The hood I used the 21mm longthrow polisher with a 5" backing plate and B&S Uro-Fiber 50/50 pads and Sonax Cutmax. Under the Scangrip Sunmatch light it looked great. But tried with a Sonax inspection light that is weaker and saw a minimal micro marring. So a Rupes Yellow Foam Pad and the Polish Angel Esclate Lotion did refined that awesome. Used the Rupes Yellow Foam Pad and the Polish Angel Esclate Lotion only on the roof and it did worked great there too. Saving any more correction to after the winter. LSP is 2 layers of Polish Angel Master Sealant SPR edition which is the Swedish PA version with some added SiO2 and TiO2 in it. Will see how it works when I wash it for the first time. If it's a little low on the performance I will ad a layer of PA High Gloss.

The line under the halogen lights is also a light. First when I looked at the picture in the phone I thought it where a scratch LOL. Overall happy with the results. The daylight pictures is the day after. The other parts got Gyeon Wet Coat 2019 on them. Have had a very bad weather here in Sweden the last 2 months with very high humidity in between.

/ Tony

5. Likes PaulMys, DMiglio, ClearVue18, Diner, Jim_Linz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the past 2 days, I did a Wheel Detailing Task on my Father's 2005 VW Touareg. They're 17" Silver Painted Wheels.
    I did two Friday, and two today, total Wheels off, one at a time with a Floor Jack.

Take them out in the Alley one by one, squirt down the Wheels in and out with CP Iron-X, they had never been done. Doused the new Hankook Tires I had gotten for him with APC and waited. I massaged the Iron-X neat with a Solvent Tank Washer Brush (bought here) and it took 2 applications of Iron-X to get 97% of the nasties off. What a mess they were, filthy with Brake Dust on the Barrels and Lug Nut Holes.

All Tires were scrubbed twice, then one by one hauled them back in the Garage, inner Barrels needed further cleaning by hand, and needed a wipe down with Paint Thinner, looked like Cosmoline here and there as well. Cleaning revealed a light Gray Painted Finish on the Barrels. Also scraped off all old remnants of double faced tape from the old Balance Weights and again cleaned the residue with Thinner.

I wanted to coat the Wheels with Carpro DLX, but with Temps at about 40F degrees I figured it was just too cold. Instead I used Collinite #845 in and out.

Tires were given 2 applications of Optimum Opti-Bond Gel, and the icing was then coming back and hitting them with Optimum Tire Shine, bot great products!

I had also bought 4 replacement Chrome VW Center Caps for the Wheels, his were in nasty shape, and I conclude they didn't match the basically super clean shape the wheels were in considering this Touareg has only 11K on the Odo.

My conclusions are that they "robbed" his nice clean undamaged Center Caps at the VW Dealer at some point in time, swapping his nice Center Caps with some beat to hell ones. How do basically spotless Wheels have Caps that looked like they had road rash and dents all over them?

Sorry I didn't take pics, but they came out really nice! The clean Tires and Wheels now really make a difference on a very clean like new Vehicle. The Brake Dust was really bad on the Barrels.

7. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took the car and my IK Foam Pro to the pay and spray and foamed up the entire car, wheels, tires and wheel well. Let dwell and pressure rinse off. Went home and did a RW with Ech2o

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Protective coating...
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't resist MX5, do you get any flac around Christmas time?

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday while it was raining and snowing outdoors I rinseless washed the SS in my heated garage. I used Adam’s Rinseless Wash, WARM water and a bucket full of MF towels. I sprayed each panel first for a presoak. Wheels were cleaned with the same wash solution. Adam’s Tire Shine went on the tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

13. Likes MadMerc, Mdjas, PaulMys, bfielder32087, DFB and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stocked up on some new products ready for a weekend detail therapy session. Cant wait!

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave the car a wash. I'm enjoying using my IK Foam Pro 12. Tried a new to me method today and worked great.

After doing the wheels I foamed the entire car and then rinsed. Foamed again and used multiple mitts with no bucket.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes DFB, SWETM liked this post
Page 327 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 227277317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337377427827 ... LastLast