autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nothing yet. Just getting back to work after a horrific car accident. Still a little healing to go. Need to get started on winter protection on two cars and need a quick way to do it as I'm not up to a long detail yet. Might have to pay for it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctdave View Post
    Nothing yet. Just getting back to work after a horrific car accident. Still a little healing to go. Need to get started on winter protection on two cars and need a quick way to do it as I'm not up to a long detail yet. Might have to pay for it this year.
    I’m sorry to hear that brother. Where are you located? If you’re close enough maybe we can do it together and I’ll do the heavy lifting parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer, I will get to it shortly I'm really only going to do one as the other is getting sold or traded, it's a very uncomfortable car for me after the accident to small. I'm in RI and my daughter has a garage so I can take my time while I watch the grandson so it's a win win lol But thanks again for the offer. Just got to decide on Meg's or Griot's I like them both.

4. Likes Leon Sidursky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

N914 followed by DPC Armor

Started with AMMONYC FROTHe but didn’t like the way it worked. Foam gets in all the cracks and crevices, was streaky and left a film even after buffing it. 1oz of product to 20oz of warm water in an IK Foamer 2.0. Gonna have to do some research to see if there’s a better way to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

6. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, DasTurboWagen, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post

Started with AMMONYC FROTHe but didn’t like the way it worked. Foam gets in all the cracks and crevices, was streaky and left a film even after buffing it. 1oz of product to 20oz of warm water in an IK Foamer 2.0. Gonna have to do some research to see if there’s a better way to use it.

Larry did say it (the product) will evaporate after a bit but the film is a head scratcher, maybe I should do an AMMO NYC Frothe WW tonightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I rinseless washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless wash and a bucket full of MF rags in a bucket of warm water. Pretreated each panel with Kwazar sprayer filled with warm wash solution. Car was pretty clean but had a bit of road salt dust on it, especially behind the wheels. Wheels were cleaned with the same product but in the wheel bucket. I did apply Adam’s Ceramic Boost to the wheels for added protection in the upcoming winter. I used the last of the CarPro Perl I had on the tires. Then it was time for a quick shower before picking up the girls from school. (They hate my SS.)
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

9. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    ........picking up the girls from school. (They hate my SS.)
    What? Are you sure they're yours, Paul?? Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    What? Are you sure they're yours, Paul?? Lol
    Yes, I was there when they were made and I was there when they were born via C-section. They, like their Mama, like an SUV or pick up truck, preferably one with heated rear seats, USB ports and their own HVAC controls...like in Mama’s Durango R/T. My car just has unheated kangaroo leather seats, seat belts and windows...boring!

BTW: their dream vehicle is a Chrysler Pacifica Limited with DVD player and video screens.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

12. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FNW time!

After reading and viewing Sizzle Chests post from their trip to the Smokey Mountain area I decided to get after it. For starters I had to start with the tires and wheels, like I always do but long story, the tires needed a COMPLETE cleaning as they had a bad reaction to OPT tire coating, let's just say while sitting in down in the garage they had a nice satiny sheen but after a 13 mile drive to drop our daughter off to school and over to work, the entire side wall was either tan or a light gold, take your picWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I had some Alien Kleen at work and I sprayed the tires and wiped them down and it helped a little but when they dried it was only marginally better. I got home and cleaned them with Brake Buster and it made them "acceptable" until tonights wash...oh yeah the wash tonight, LOL.

I started with Alien Kleen, one tire at a time and sprayed it down real good, then foamed up the rim w/ Brake Buster and let dwell. I then took the short brissel brush and scrubbed the tires down...ALOT! I then grabbed my lug brush and knocked that out, then the Speed Master for the barrels and finally the Mothers tire and wheel brush for the spokes and another scrub of the tires, then rinsed down, repeated the process exactly on the other 3. Once done there I plugged in my Master Blaster and dried the tires and wheels REAL good, they had a brand new look to them, NO tan, gold or brown to be seen, thank God and I mean that, THANK YOU GODWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Then it was time for the wash and for this I decided to do an Ech2o RW, using the GD method. I used 2 oz in 3.5 gallons of very warm water and 5 16 x 24 edgeless mf towels, hadn't used in a while so what the heck. Pre-treating each panel w/ my 1000 ML Kwazzer i moved around the car, cleaning and then drying with the Griot's Garage PFM's. Now last weekend I applied a coat of TWSS, on Sat and followed that up with a coat of TW spray wax on Sunday, so needless to say the Ech2o RW solution had a very easy job but the car was still dirty from all week. I'm always very happy with Ech2o used as a RW...Z E R O problems and its kinda cool down here too, 28 outside and probably 40 down here, I'm in jeans and sweatshirt, it's all good!

Once done there I grabbed the Master Blaster and blew out the crevices, tires and wheels again and dried the jams and engine bay. Next up was a coat of Gyeon Tire Express. I love the OPT tire coating but in this temp and these pores, brand new Blizzaks...nah, not interested in a repeat of earlier, nope! I then reached for Mother's CMX to apply it to the OEM rims, about 3 sprays per wheel, worked it in with a mf towel, 2 wheels at a time and then buffed off with a separate towel. I will say the rims feel very slick and the gloss is pretty nice. Now the tires look outstanding, 1 coat and that's it...who are you kidding, as soon as I send this post to cyber space I adding an additional coat, then going upstairs so R.R. can R&RWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Thanks for reading my long winded, urrrrr, long, detailed car wash write upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

14. Likes DFB, DasTurboWagen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post

It will dissipate from cracks and crevices. Larry wipes off, sprays with hydrate (his drying aid) and then uses a drying towel. I substituted the hydrate with Ech20 Merlin’s type mix and stuff works great. You gotta use something after you wipe foam off or that films gonna be their. Great stuff tho. Little more work but feels safer on paint to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks derek0609 thanked for this post
Page 318 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 218268308309310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328368418818 ... LastLast