autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    winter prep wheels will get McKee’s Wheel Coating and windshield will get McKee’s Glass Coating.
    What sort of prep will you do to ensure the exterior glass is ready to coat?
    I personally really like the McKee’s Glass Restoring Polish. I like how it has the ability to remove bonded contaminants off the glass and therefore eliminates a multi step process on glass. Maybe 1 day they’ll release paint polish that will make claying obsolete? Slim chance. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I personally really like the McKee’s Glass Restoring Polish. I like how it has the ability to remove bonded contaminants off the glass and therefore eliminates a multi step process on glass. Maybe 1 day they’ll release paint polish that will make claying obsolete? Slim chance. Lol.
    Is this an abrasive product or just a chemical cleaner? I've had this product for a long time but haven't used it yet. I could never figure out if its abrasive or not?

I prefer something mildly abrasive if I'm going to break out the polisher for glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I used cerium oxide on a 3” green cutting pad before washing the vehicle. The optical lab I work for used to do glass lenses. When we made the decision to outsource glass I grabbed a red solo cup full before it got tossed.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes fightnews, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a chance to wash my FJ, after 2 months of missed opportunities, bad weather, or, not wanting to disappoint some of you, just plain laziness. I used some Bowden's Own products, Wheely Clean, which is one of the best wheel cleaners I've used, and their Wash Wax Summer Edition, following the simple instructions properly this time. Even after 2 months, it washed really easy, no pressure required at all, and I love the gloss left by the Wash Wax. The Concours Nova Lustre I put on a couple of months ago is still on there doing it's job. Sorry no pics, it was just getting dark as I finished.

Dave.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. Likes Misterpaul, SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I finally got a chance to wash my FJ, after 2 months of missed opportunities, bad weather, or, not wanting to disappoint some of you, just plain laziness. I used some Bowden's Own products, Wheely Clean, which is one of the best wheel cleaners I've used, and their Wash Wax Summer Edition, following the simple instructions properly this time. Even after 2 months, it washed really easy, no pressure required at all, and I love the gloss left by the Wash Wax. The Concours Nova Lustre I put on a couple of months ago is still on there doing it's job. Sorry no pics, it was just getting dark as I finished.

Dave.

It's funny how you can love detailing and get a plan going. Get the perfect opportunity to do it but if you're not motivated you just won't do it no matter what you do. Happens to me all the time. All yesterday and right no to be more specific.

Hopefully I won't lose the whole day today though.

8. Likes Mdjas, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    It's funny how you can love detailing and get a plan going. Get the perfect opportunity to do it but if you're not motivated you just won't do it no matter what you do. Happens to me all the time. All yesterday and right no to be more specific.

Hopefully I won't lose the whole day today though.
    Yeah, if I'm not feeling motivated, I don't want force myself to do it. I may end up doing a rubbish job, and maybe make even more work for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Is this an abrasive product or just a chemical cleaner? I've had this product for a long time but haven't used it yet. I could never figure out if its abrasive or not?

I prefer something mildly abrasive if I'm going to break out the polisher for glass.
    According to the label, it says “it’s a cleaner and polish that removes stubborn contamination from automotive glass, windows and chrome”

I’ve always thought of it more as a cleanser than an abrasive polish [meaning I would’ve never used it with the intention of it being able to remove fine scratches on a windshield] but I can see why they would throw the word polish in the same sentence as cleaner because it does somewhat feel like it due to its substantial cleaning ability.

I’ve never even thought about using it on chrome, but reading the label just now I’ll keep it in mind from now on. All I know is my exterior glass is usually rough with contaminants and even just using the Glass Restorer by hand leaves the glass perfectly smooth afterwards. And it cleans up easily if you accidentally get some on rubber/plastic trim.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy customer What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. Forth vehicle coated with cermaic pro gold.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The Buick got the full treatment with Mothers CMX, Tuf Shine Tire coating and the interior with Gyeon LeatherShield Q2. We are ready for winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

16. Likes Eldorado2k, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner, DFB liked this post
Page 302 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 202252292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312352402802 ... LastLast