autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Washed the GTI real quick. Wheels, tires and wheel wells foamed with Brake Buster and rinsed. Car washed with Carpro Reset. Always such a joy to use. Dried with a towel not told here and use Sonax BSD 1•1 as a drying aid. Tires dressed with PERL.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I have exact car but 2 door. Just bought some break buster haven't tried it yet. Was using wheel brightener or just diluted purple power. For paint I use megs hybrid ceramic wax and love it.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act, bfielder32087, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubastik View Post
    I have exact car but 2 door. Just bought some break buster haven't tried it yet. Was using wheel brightener or just diluted purple power. For paint I use megs hybrid ceramic wax and love it.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Right on. Brake Buster is a solid product. I have Megs Wheel Brightener too but never use it anymore because 99.9% of the time I don't need an acid.

Would love to see pictures your car. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Car was driven in the rain all day yesterday and I had some free time so I wanted to wash the car.

Brake buster on the wheels, tires and wells. Rinsed with Worx. Gave the car a quick rinse and then washed with OPT Car Soap and did a final rinse.

Did a quick blow dry with my leaf blower and followed up with OPT Car Wax as a drying aid.

Wiped down the door jams with Meguiars QD. Didn't dress the tires today, didn't really need it so I passed.

Sadly as the weather is starting to get cold at night I started bring my chemicals inside.

5. Likes Mdjas, SWETM, DFB, Diner, geekfloyd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So did complete the decon and wash yesterday. And when I did go in to get the Sonax Spray & Seal on the shelf. My brain almost melted LOL. S&S then saw Wet Coat and the nice blue of HCW popped out in the back. And I saw Turtle Wax Dry N Shine Rinse Wax that was the last spray on rinse off product I bought. So a perfect time to test it out even if it gets on a short term. As I want to polish and get it preped for the winter with PA Master Sealant. My thoughts about TW Dry N Shine after the pictures.

The weather conditions has been a lot of rain this fall. And it's been driven a lot since the last wash that was 30 august LOL. The useally brake dust and the heavy road film build up on the side of the car and some bugs as useally. Sonax Spray and Seal works great with the self cleaning ability from it. As the car has looked dirtier than now and I noticed less bugs than it has been on it too.

So it needed a bath badly and it got the awesome prewash foam Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam. Around 1:5 in the foamcannon bottle and then the max chemical output setting on the foamcannon. It's not the thickest foam but man do it clean and especially when you use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. You really get to see it's ability.

Then a domestic detailing webshop tar remover and Bilt Hamber Korrosol iron remover which is a notch higher effective than Carpro IronX IMO. Then wash with Tac System Mystic Bubble car soap that leaves nothing behind as in protection and glossenhancers. Left it wet and started from the top and applyied Turtle Wax Dry N Shine Rinse Wax. Worked it in with a mf applicator sponge and PW rinsed off thoroughly. Got the instant extreme water behavior and it's always amuseing to play with LOL. Sheet rinsed off the most of the water and dried with the Sonax Extreme Super Dry Towel.

So the Turtle Wax Dry N Shine Rinse Wax which is only available in the EU. Is based on the Seal N Shine technology. Didn't have such a high hope on this product. But got it only because of Jon at The Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube did a little preview of this product during his bigger test of the spray on rinse off products that I looking forward to see when it comes out. Worked as most these kind of products do so no surprise here. Did the off label I always do with spray it on the section with less amount of product and spread it out with a mf applicator sponge and PW rinsed off thoroughly with hitting every part of the paint with the strong water pressure from the PW. Notice it where in the higher range of sheeting the water off. So decided to sheet rinse off the water. Worked very good and whent after the leftover water droplets with the Sonax Extreme Super Dry Towel. And WOW I almost dropped the drying towel so slick was the paint. That's the highest slickness I've got from any LSP I have used with a margin! Very impresive and when you touched the paint which I normaly don't do it's just WOW. My stepfather was out and talked while I sheet rinsed it and when I layed out the drying on the roof and it almost slided out of my hands before pulled it against me. I started to guide it on the roof with only holding the drying towel in the widest corners. He asked what was happening and if something was wrong LOL. I gave him the towel and he dried the hood. He got almost the impression I had when he feeled the slickness from the paint. It was like the drying towel was in the air. And the 1 drying towel was enough to dry the whole car. Which had with the sheet rinsing to do. But even when it had some water in it I tested how it where on the hood again. And even with an almost saturated drying towel I feeled no resistance at all when pulling it against me. It was like a Bead Maker moment LOL. And also it left that sharper crispy look from it. That I don't useally likes on the silver metallic paint. But it has a high gloss in some way that I where satisfied with. The slickness though where the most surprising I have got in a long time. Will see if it works with the self cleaning ability from it which is high rated for me as it can go long between the washes.

Thanks for reading if you got this far LOL. Will be interesting to see how the new SiO2 product line of products from Turtle Wax is going to be. The SNS and for me the DNS they have set their own bar high to get the new products better. Interesting time in the detailing world when the OTC companys and some smaller brands is getting some high performance products out on the market at a low price.

/ Tony

7. Likes PaulMys, DMiglio, DFB, PM5C, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony- Who stole the rest of your driveway??? Lol

Looks good, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Added a coat of 303 Tire Balm to the tires this morning before work and a 2nd coat when I got to work. This is it before the Dragon trip this Sat, the car is protected, 1 or 2 washes while I'm down there to maintain What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Does this mean you are done with OPT tire coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Does this mean you are done with OPT tire coating?
    No, think of it as a sacrificial layer. I've got a long road trip coming up, lots of driving and I just want a little extra, doesn't need it but I have it to use so why notWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are simply unbelievable.

The tires do look good though.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't played paintball in about a year?

Took my gun apart and steam cleaned the grips and cleaned the inside and oiled it all up.

Getting ready for a local glow in the dark paintball experience. First time our filed has offered this. Looks pretty legit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

16. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Tony- Who stole the rest of your driveway??? Lol

Looks good, man.
    We did make an extra spot and the old driveway where asphalted a long time ago. Then we have the all kind of environment rules and living right on the edge of where use they use the ground water to the tap water. It's a little safety precaution if they starts to be picky about the washing and such I do here LOL. Want to have a better layer of something that lets the water through to the ground. As this sand/gravel is a mess sadly. Then a year ago or so they digged down a internet cable just right outside of the driveway. And of course right in the run off to the drainage well. When they did asphalted it back do you think that they thought about the run off from the driveways. No of course they didn't LOL. That's what you see the water standing high after a wash even if I'm up on the driveway with some of the car. It's a real mess when it gets freezing outside and we have our own little ice rink LOL. They are not fast to correct their faults. Maybe next year they fix and re-asphalt it. But for me and the environment it's not much of a bad thing as the wash water gets into the ground instead albiet a little slowly LOL. The gravel do look awefull and will do something about it next year. We didn't want to do anything to it before they corrected the outside of the property. And I'm renting the house so have not the last say about it either LOL. Working on it though LOL.

18. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 300 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 200250290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310350400800 ... LastLast