autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    When using a product like this, spray some tire and rubber cleaner, like 303's for instance immediately afterwards so the chemical doesn't mix with anything you may top with later, trust me I know
    OK so I'm going to ask! What happens when rim shield gets on the tire?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    OK so I'm going to ask! What happens when rim shield gets on the tire?
    It mixes with the coating and can turn brown, especially if you put a "topper" on the tire, atleast in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really do anything today.... BUT!

One of my last clients came up to me today (I work with him) and told me he washed his car over the weekend.
    "I don't know what you did but it was so much easier to wash it this time!"

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

4. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The tires got dirty today while I was at a power plant. I may as well clean the whole car while I am at it. I started with a Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash and ended up with a Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

6. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, DFB, DetailKitty, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    E2K cornered the market on this stuff, just like the Dukes tried to do with Frozen Concentrate OJ until Clarence Beeks had the briefcase swapped.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Looking good, Billy Ray!

8. Likes WaxMaster1, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had planned to wash and decon the Kia cee'd SW today. It should not be rain until later this evening. Pumped up and ready to at least get the roof and the hood and front polished and sealed. Yeah right that I can forget as the humidity is over 90% at least LOL. If I had access to a garage maybe the work lamps on standings good have dried up the humidity some. Working outside not so much as with around 12C and high humidity the polishes can behave strange but mostly on the LSPs where they can get way more hard to work with and takeing a longer time to cure. The LSP I have used without a problem during these conditions is the spray on rinse off products. TW ICE SNS where a nightmare to apply in those conditions LOL. Also had Ultima Paint Guard Plus the older oil based carriers in it to be totaly failed the day after. SNS at least held up 5-6 weeks before total fail.

So I have prewashed and done tar removal. Lunch now and on to the iron remover. Prep so the claying gets easier to do when times come to prep for the polishing and winter protection. Will be applying the Sonax Spray and Seal on it so I have some protection until the polishing. Used it the last time and it's been holding up good. Some parts at the lower side panels and the back of the car seemed to be failed. Will see if the decon and wash revive it some or it's failed totaly LOL

/ Tony

10. Likes Klasse Act, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for starters I beta tested 3 products this evening and I'm very excited about I tried out here! I wrote back my contact a very detailed account of what I observed and I'll just say this, when these products come out in the future they will be very successful, man am I impressedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started out by using the 1st product to clean my seats. Now I keep my interior clean and seats over conditioned, big surprise I know, LOL. I let the product dry real good before I added the leather conditioner, so I moved back out to wash the car.

I started with the tires and wheels, trying another product out. Sprayed the tires and wheels down with water first, per their directions (something I don't normally do) and I'm glad I did because this product foams up real good and cleaned the rims REAL good and brought out alot of brown foam from my tires, really liked what I saw here! Moved around the rest of the car and finished up the tires and wheels, rinsed real good and got after the wash.

I then treated the freshly cleaned seats with the leather conditioner and it went on very nice, not greasy and once dried it left them looking very natrual. Like the leather cleaner, the leather conditioner had no "fake" leather smell, all business and not sure what the final product will end up being like but if it's this I'm good with thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the wash i used N914 in the Blackfire pump sprayer and as usual this product doesn't fail, just cleans, cleans and CLEANS, I love N914What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Wiped down the jams and engine bay, also the extra that got on the tires and wheels a little bit and noticed something...my rotors don't have a whole lotta rust on them, check this out:

12. Likes DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a coat of 303 Tire Balm to the tires this morning before work and a 2nd coat when I got to work. This is it before the Dragon trip this Sat, the car is protected, 1 or 2 washes while I'm down there to maintain What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger, looks like you have the same tires that came stock on my GTI. I found them to be pretty crappy, I could break traction entire 1st gear and beginning of 2nd gear, when it was dry. If it rained then I had to baby the gas pedal to avoid that. My new Michelin tires I can't even make them chirp between 1st and 2nd gear.
    What are your thoughts about them?
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Roger, looks like you have the same tires that came stock on my GTI. I found them to be pretty crappy, I could break traction entire 1st gear and beginning of 2nd gear, when it was dry. If it rained then I had to baby the gas pedal to avoid that. My new Michelin tires I can't even make them chirp between 1st and 2nd gear.
    What are your thoughts about them?
    My thoughts are the same as yours but because I've got a DCT w/o launch control I don't have to worry about too much tire spin but the few times I nailed it off of the line they do spin a bit. I'm pretty aggressive on the Dragon because it's pretty controllable but on the Skyway and Moonshiners, well, let just say I don't like momentum, don't have the "brass pair" or even faith in the car, any car, maybe it's TRUE what they say "Miata is the answer to every question".

I've gone pretty good on exit ramps and my buddy Hectour took a ramp pretty good and he liked how it felt, maybe the IRS covers up for the tires somewhat but either way, I'm not pushing anything if I don't feel safe, that's just not me.

You should come out with us next year, something to think aboutWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

17. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 299 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 199249289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309349399799 ... LastLast