autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I had the original version of those tires on my old Abarth but didn't use them for winter use, so I can't comment on snow performance but they did just fine everywhere else, maybe the newer versions are better. That said, Continental DWS tires I do know work great in the snow, good luck to you, hope the SEMI winter isn't too bad this yearWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I had the DWS before and although traction was great, the super soft side walls made me not like the tires at all. I had to add a lot more air in the tires to attempt making them feel normal again and it still felt like i was driving on marshmallows. The Pilot Sport has better rated traction on dry and just slightly behind the DWS on wet and snow. But they feel so much nicer/sportier in handling. I hope they’ll work well on the long run, it cost me about $250 more than DWS would have as there was a sale on those.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Well, when you spend $250 more for tires you have a commitment and based off of your needs you bought the right tire, conviction, nothing wrong with that. That's how I am with winter tires, sure everybody else generally doesn't have them but I feel better knowing I have tires made specifically to deal with the weather, even though I got by with DWS' my first couple winters here in ChicagolandWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Would you mind letting me know what, where, etc...about the new lights? They look great!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Sure, NP. Olafus 100W E26 LED Garage Lights, 11000lm 5000K LED. On Amazon. $50.

Post Thanks / Like

My friend picked up a Scout recently and the paint was lifeless. He kept asking if I thought I could make it look better. I was finally able to get up to his house today and gave this old SS paint some gloss.
    Decon’d w/ IronX and Brown Royal. Then bucket washed with strong concentration of Reset. Followed that up with Griots clay mitt.
    To mow down the majority of the oxidation I used Menz 3in1 on Duetto with Meg’s burgundy pad. To brighten the paint some more I used Essence+ on orange SDO. LSP w/ McKee’s high def sealant. Not perfect by any means, but definitely has plenty of shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Mdjas thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, Mdjas, Ochnob, SWETM, PM5C and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed, clayed, and waxed our 3-month old Honda Pilot. Used CG's Cherry Wet Wax on a Rupes white pad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes TTQ B4U, SWETM, DFB, bofh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I did change out the grease in my 3" mini polisher 12mm throw. But man what a difference between the quality of materials between my 3" mini polisher and the 21mm longthrow polisher knockoff. With the higher quality going to the 3" polisher. Have had my thought on getting a 15mm longthrow polisher with a higher quality than the 21mm I have now. Will see if I can get a great price on the Rupes 15 MKIII during black friday. Or the same brand that my 3" mini polisher is but the 15mm longthrow polisher as I was impressed with the building quality of it. And have one other 15mm with a 1000W electric motor in it and a very good price for it here in Sweden.

Did test with a 5" backing plate on the 3" mini polisher as it's basicly the same polisher like a Duetto. But man that didn't go well LOL. The different counter balance weight does a lot of getting it balanced right. So that didn't work out as the vibrations got extremly high LOL. But thinking about getting a counter weight from the Duetto copy in the same brand as the 3" mini polisher is. So I have another option of 5" polisher if wanted to. And it's easy to just remove with 3 screws and switch the counter weight and the backing plate.

Here comes the pictures of how the grease looked from only some full corrections with the 21mm longthrow polisher. Burned grease and the greyish dirt is worned off metall from the gears.

Cleaned up nicely with brake cleaner that's is very good on desolving grease and oils. But use with caution!

Here's the 3" mini polisher and looked much nicer and not far from the same use as the 21mm longthrow polisher. You also see the quality difference in the pictures between them. And liked what I saw in the 3" polisher. But cleaned out the oem grease and replaced it with the CRC High Temp Grease. So I know I have a quality grease in it. And it where much less noice levels from it and runned smoothly with the 3" backing plate on LOL.

/ Tony

9. Likes WaxMaster1, bofh, PaulMys, PM5C, duster01 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good cleaning on the ZR2. And 2 more coats of the BF spray sealant. Getting close here in PA where my driveway washes and details will be a thing of the past. Thanks to colder temps and WINTER.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the first time I used undercarriage spray on the frame rails and exposed suspension parts of my truck. I was dubious but initial reaction is that it looks real nice. It returned everything to a dark, flat black. I don't know what to expect for longevity but I'm happy for now.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea but the only thing is the trim coating doesn’t last anywhere near as long as the tire coating does when it comes to tires... Ive used the trim coating as a topper before, but I’ve never tried using the trim coating as the base, so we’ll see how it goes. I hope I didn’t screw up because I put alot of elbow grease into the prep. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Now we are getting somewhere.

I remember you saying it doesn't last as long. I hope you run them for a bit to check it out.
    Cuz it sure is a mess on trim
    I only have 2 bottles of the tire coating left. Then I have to spend bigger money to get something that I hope I am happy with.
    Update: Using the Endura Trim Coating as the base layer resulted in an epic fail... The poor results happened fairly quik, within days the outer parts of the sidewalls near the tread had begun to strip off after the lightest possible driving.

The rest of the sidewall looked splotchy and uneven within the 1st week.. I my OCD told me not to mess with it in hopes that maybe they were just “dirty” and would return to their coated glory after a quik spray & rinse with Megs D114, but that wasn’t the case.

A few days later I went ahead and cleaned the tires with Megs D143 and it just about completely obliterated any sign of them being “coated”.

This is how they look right now. They’ve been bare for over a week and I have to start all over. [yes I know the wheel wells look like crap right now]What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

Moral of the story: Endura Trim Coating can’t substitute for the now extinct Endura Tire Coating.
    Turtle Wax are morons for discontinuing the tire coating!What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

15. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ric, check out OPT tire coating or Black Pearl What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

17. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
Page 296 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 196246286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306346396796 ... LastLast