autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Got new lights for garage.

B4

After...

2. Likes panthershark, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

just washed my foam and microfiber pads. Used Black Fire pad cleaner, forgot what the exact name is. They've been sitting here for a while all dirty. Hope I didn't wait to long
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

The Griot's Pure Freaking Magic drying towels. They are incredible.
    No I haven’t tried them... just retired my Green Guzzlers so we’ll see how these new ones go.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    Got new lights for garage.

B4

After...

Would you mind letting me know what, where, etc...about the new lights? They look great!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Started to do a QD on my Acura since it looks like there was a light dust on the car, turned out to be a little thicker than I thought! I had some ONR in my wash bucket with a handful of some MF towels soaking for a day or so...did the whole car in just a few minutes since it wasn't real dirty, then topped with with Pinnacle caranuba spray wax.

I think I'm starting to like this RW process!

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Started to do a QD on my Acura since it looks like there was a light dust on the car, turned out to be a little thicker than I thought! I had some ONR in my wash bucket with a handful of some MF towels soaking for a day or so...did the whole car in just a few minutes since it wasn't real dirty, then topped with with Pinnacle caranuba spray wax.

I think I'm starting to like this RW process!

Did you pre-treat the panels firstWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes except for i think the drivers side rear door...as I was starting to wash the drivers side rear quarter panel, I stopped immediately and pre-treated the rest of the drivers side. I already completed the passenger side that was pre-treated.

This is a brand new process for me and i'm still trying to remember the pre-treat side of things and I'm very cautious with the amount of pressure i'm applying to the MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Washed wife's Mazda today.
    Wiped down with Meguiars d156 on paint and used Chemical Guys VRP on trim,tires, and engine. Used BF one step on car about 6 months ago. Probably not best stuff but it's what I have at moment.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

13. Likes Mdjas, PaulMys, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The SS got a winter prep detail yesterday. No pics as I finished at o’dark thirty, had a shot of Blade & Bow bourbon, got cleaned up & went to bed. Suns out today so after a bit I’ll take some pics and post a report. Right now the house is asleep but the oven’s on and I’m making breakfast for the family...when they get up.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

15. Likes Klasse Act, Mdjas, bofh, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to do the FNW so I washed the car this morning. Once again I wanted to try something I hadn't used in a while. This week in was putting together a nice package of products for my buddy Josh to try out, a way of saying thanks for letting me stay with him and his wife the first 3 nights I'm down on my yearly Dragon trip, well he's taking me around some more roads down by him before we head to the Dragon area on Tuesday morning (I arrive down there a week from today) Ok, now that bored everyone with that, LOL, one of the products I'm giving him is Optimum wash+wash RW, so I decided to try it out once again this morning, I really can't remember the last time I used it!

I had 3 gallons of water, added 2 ounces of Optimum WW to my bucket, stirred around and dropped in 5 plush mf towels. I dunked my 1000 Kwazzer into the bucket and got after it. This product smells like green apples, very pleasant to use and worked great, there's a reason why Optimum has a loyal following! I dried with the medium Big Blue, using a Griot's Garage PFM as a follow up, came out great, still smell the apples in the airWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For the tires and wheels I used Brake Buster, my Speed Master and lug brush to clean things up there. To dry I grabbed my Master Blaster mini and it always does a great job on the tires, protected wheels, around the lugs especially and also inside my side window louvers. Finished up with the jams and engine bay.

Added a light layer of "Eve's husbands" tire coating because I'd like the car to look it's best parked off to the side at cars and coffee tomorrow morning in Hinsdale Illinois, rubbing shoulders with the rich folkWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm going to apply a coat of TAC system 1 step Master later today, talk about using something I haven't used in a while What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Very comfortable down here in the Garage but as you can see it's getting to be that time of year againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 293 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 193243283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302303343393793 ... LastLast