autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today it was time for the windshield to be deep cleaned and Aquapel applyied on it. A couple of days ago I tried glass polishing with Carpro CeriGlass and their Rayon Glass Polishing Pads on the back window in the hatch. Something you often here in Sweden on gas stations. Is that you have access to paper on rolls and you can imagine what kind of bright ideas many gets with this. Some can be wiping down their paints with it. Often by dripping dripping it wet in the squeeqe bucket that is tap water and some windshield fluid in it. On this car before my stepfather bought it they must have used dry paper sheets and cleaned up the back window with it. And since we have a lot of gravel roads here and it's a hatchback. You get a lot of gravel dust on the back window. The design it self where a lot of this lands on the wiper blade and you don't are able to get it wet with at least some windshield fluid on it before it starts to wipe the window clean. Makes a disaster on the wiper blade trail. Combo that with deep scratches in the surrounding glass and that's what I dealed with. Was trying to get just a little improvement on the scratches but glass is hard and a 3" mini polisher with a 12mm throw is not much and would need a rotary polisher and a lot of more time polishing it. Some improvement on the shallow wiper blade trail was achieved but not more than that. Then I applyied the Aquapel on it and on the front side windows with one Aquapel.

So today and a windshield in better condition I just wanted to get it deep cleaned. Cleaned with glass cleaner and then clayed with synthetic clay block and Sonax Glass Cleaner as the clay lube. Polished with Carpro CeriGlass and their Rayon Glass Polishing Pads. And preped with Angelwax Vision glass cleaner. Applyied the Aquapel on it and done. Was colder today too so the the heater setting on max on the windshield and the electric windshield heater on too. It went fine today too and had the heater on afterwards for some time to get a little more for it to cure faster.

It seems to be coming some raining the next days so will be interesting to see if it was a success or not the application of the Aquapel. Couldn't resist to be doing some beading and sheeting testing on the hatch window. Seems to work great and I used a little fine mist spray bottle with destilled water in it. The beading got build up nicely and pretty fast gather it together big enough to sheet off the glass great.

Here's an action picture from the spraying on the water. Think it's pretty good as it has an lower angle than you think the hatch window.

Now I just need to be finding the time to do my own car LOL. And needs to be protecting them both for the winter and the time runs fast as useally sadly.

Thanks for reading.

/ Tony

2. Likes TTQ B4U, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed the dust of the Jag and Mustang today, giving some new toys a try in the process.

New wash mitt, drying towel and wash buckets with grit guards.

4. Likes bofh, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New CG Gray matter drying towels came today!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

6. Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    New CG Gray matter drying towels came today!
    And??????

Where are the pics, Monica?? Lol

Have you used these before?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    And??????

Where are the pics, Monica?? Lol

Have you used these before?
    Damn it Paul! LOL... figured bags of towels weren’t exciting.

No, I haven’t used them before.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

9. Likes Misterpaul, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn it Paul! LOL... figured bags of towels weren’t exciting.

No, I haven’t used them before.
    PITA here..... Lol

Have you used the PFM's?

If so, I'd love to hear your comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the bug this evening and decided to do a wash on the ES, it was barely dusty but well, you knowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I added 2 oz of Autobrite foam soap into the IK Foam 9, grabbed my Worx hydroshot bag and headed down to the garage. I started by foaming the tires, wheels and wells and let dwell. I then grabbed 2 of my Wheel Woolies and got after it, cleaned the spokes and barrels and then scrubbed the tires and rinsed it all down. I then foamed down the entire car with the same product, let dwell and rinsed...my God the beadingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?This time I pulled the car into a dry parking spot and dried the car but decided to use an old friend as a drying aid...that friend was Kenotek Showroom Shine and yet another SPECTACULAR product I've forgotten about, having many bottles of other products blocking its view, so it was literally almost lostWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Spraying down one panel at time and drying netted great results, dried easier and left a VERY slick feeling behind and the shine is poppin'What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looking forward to loading the little one into the ES and taking her to school and myself to work, finish looks spot on tonight, thanks to KevinWelch for turning me on to this product, looking for something different and forgotten about, pick up some KSSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes DFB, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed, dried, cleaned wheels and fenderwells from the rain yesterday.

14. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    PITA here..... Lol

Have you used the PFM's?

If so, I'd love to hear your comparison.
    What are the PFMs?

Yes, total PITA

16. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What are the PFMs?

Yes, total PITA

The Griot's Pure Freaking Magic drying towels. They are incredible.

Page 292 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 192242282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301302342392792 ... LastLast