autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    Thanks. A vette plus Silverado is a better package than a tundra :-)

Posted some earlier. Added off road x pipe and spoiler so far

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Beautiful Vette!! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Daviddear30 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Followed up the glass polishing with an application on the back window and front side windows with Aquapel.

The recommended temperature to apply Aquapel in is 59F-79F. And it where 50F when I was going to be applying it. So start up the car and the heater setting on max and also the heated window on. Preped the front side windows during the car warming up. 1:10 Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and Tac System Oil Zero as a panel prep wipe product. Feeled like the glass got clean enough so I skipped the claying and polishing on them. They take much less wear and tear and accumulation of contaminants than the window in the hatchback trunk lid does.

Turned off the car car and it warmed up the glass great. Popped the Aquapel applicator in the middle of the window and worked may way up and down out to the sides and picked up more of the solution where I started a couple of times. Then side to side and moved to the front side windows. Same here start in the center and worked may way out to the sides and from side to side. On every start I pushed the wings together again to really get the container emptied from the Aquapel. If you want to stretch the Aquapel a little longer a tips is to drop some ethanol on the the filt applicator part. Took as last step on the back window and spread it out one more time following the area that the wiper blade touches for a little extra build up of the high wear area. Then short nap mf towel to soak up the leftover Aquapel on all windows. And then a good buff with another short nap mf towel and flipped and folded it often with both mf towels. And then inspect from different angles and with a split weave mf towel take any missed parts. Be carefull to not get Aquapel on the rubber seals on the windows as it's so easy to get the mf towels contaminanted with residue from them. If getting it on them I used a separate mf towel to wipe just the edge of the glass so I don't spread it out on the rest of the newly applyied windows.

Puh you have to work somewhat fast with Aquapel. A little better and longer working time in lower recommended application temperature. Now as always it's waiting for the first rain and see if I succeded without getting any ghosting from it. Ooh and after the wipe off of Aquapel I started the car again and heater setting on max and also the heated window on. On the side windows I noticed what looked like very small rain drops. But it's the unevaporated solvents left from the Aquapel. So another buff off on the front side windows. The back window was looking great even when warmed up again.

Another thing I useally do when applyied a new glass sealant is to switch to new wiper blades. This time I take them off for a thorough cleaning off them. But like the glass the rubber gets contaminants on them too. And some has a kind of protection on them that wears down during time as the sun does. So if I have around a year old wiper blades on the vehical I buy new ones to put on directly when the glass sealant is applyied. Feel the edge of your older wiper blades and you feels how there are some small bumps on them that touches the windows. This gets very aggressive on glass sealants and shortens the longevity from them. And with the less need to be useing the wipers the wiper blades holds up longer. Glass is very aggressive when bare. And you minimize with new wiper blades that you getting them to studders.

Will see if my body can make it to do the windshield today. Or I wait until the next good weather conditions to do it.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    did you miss the part about the vette?
    Yes, sorry about the confusion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Washed 3 loads of microfibers and cleaned my foam pads.
    I followed your lead and did the same. Now it’s time to dirty some of them up again.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

6. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 bucket wash with Hyperwash, topped off the trim with McKee's Plastic Trim Restore, DG 253 on the tires, and then a nice coat of Bead Maker on the paint.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

8. Likes Klasse Act, Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Older brother came by to watch LOTR pt 2 with his nieces while I tackled his new to him 2016 Toyota Corolla LE. His brown Toyota Corolla was destroyed by an inattentive driver so he used the proceeds to buy this CPO Corolla. Interior looks brand new so I left it alone. The outside though was a mess. Dealer installed holograms from the “detail” person with corresponding TOGW in every nook, cranny and door jamb.
    That’s compound slop under the LE emblem. It got cleaned along with all the other TOGW with Adam’s APC and a boars hair detail brush. Glass was covered in water spots plus the usual car wash scratch tube scratches on the paint. Brand new tires so i left them alone as I wasn’t in the mood to fight with mold release wax.

I started by foaming the vehicle with 4 oz. Griot’s Garage foaming prep wash in the jumbo iK sprayer. Wheel covers were cleaned with that while the foam did its thing on the paint. I rinsed the car then foamed it again while I used Meguiar’s Water Spot Remover and scrubbed the windows clean. Car got rinsed again then washed using Adam’s Car Shampoo. Car got rinsed then clay toweled using wash bucket wash as a lube. I clay toweled the glass first then the paint. In the beginning I thought I was claying with sandpaper, that was some rough paint. Car was rinsed one final time using a sheeting rinse.

I used the leaf blower to get all the hidden water out of it’s hiding place then began a quick correction. I used Meguiar’s D 302 polish on a 6” Meguiar’s MF cutting pad. I got the quick correction I wanted with a finish we both liked. I had one spot on the trunk lid where I got out the PC with a 3” Meguiar’s MF cutting pad and Meguiars D300 correcting compound.

This made quick work of the dealer’s idea of removing a competitor’s sticker. It looked like they used a scotch brite pad.

After I did all that work I was not about to send him off with a quick wax or sealant. Nope. I treated him to Optimum Gloss Coat topped with OptiSeal. Glass got McKee’s Glass Coating. Wheel covers got OptiSeal as well.

He was happy with the results and the fact that his car that sits out 24/7/365 is protected from the upcoming winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

10. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, DFB, SWETM, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Corolla here What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Got a last minute call from a friend and fellow Columbus Racing member to detail the interior of a new-to-him Toyota Minivan. Long story short they have rental that is going back tomorrow thus he jumped in as soon as he could go pick up the 2011 van and bring it to me. This is a Premium Interior Detail with the carpet steam extracted, leather steamed and treated and along the way the Tornador was a huge help. Pressure washed the floor matts and then used the tornador to blow dry them .

I'm horrible about before pics but this one was a grandparents cruiser to Florida so let's just say the seats were loaded with dirt and likely sun screen. Did I mention the carpet had like 5lbs of sand in it? Anyway, it's a 2011 with over 120k on the clock but I successfully dialed back the age in terms of interior wear and tear. Thanks again to Matt for once again allow me the opportunity to clean and sterilize the beast for you all.

As a bonus I cleared up the headlights and of course per my promo, ran an ozone treatment to it all.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

13. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act, DetailKitty, GAMBIT61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned out the Escape Saturday.
    Still need to do a winter prep on it.

My last detail job of the year is in a few weeks.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave the GTI probably it's last good interior cleaning before it gets cold today. Thorough vacuum, wipe down of all interior parts with McKees fast interior, seats got a good cleaning with Gyeon Leather. And lol now that I'm thinking about it I forgot to clean the windows.....Whoops. Anyways, outside wasn't even dusty but it got a quick WW with N 914.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 291 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 191241281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300301341391791 ... LastLast