autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Have been cleaning up the interior on the Kia cee'd SW. Waiting too long as useally to do this LOL. But the Ultima Interior Guard Plus has done a great job on keeping the dirt not to get so hard bonded to the fabric seats and the carpets and the rest of the interior. So tomorrow I will be doing it again with the UIGP and protect it.

Post Thanks / Like

I rinseless washed the SS using Opticoat No Rinse, big red sponge and two buckets. Beading and sheeting from TWIS&S is still going strong as I discovered when doing a pre-soak.

Still debating which paint coating to put on it in the near future; McKee’s, UK 3.0, Optimum GlossCoat or Adam’s...or put it on my next NON black vehicle...
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    I rinseless washed the SS using Opticoat No Rinse, big red sponge and two buckets. Beading and sheeting from TWIS&S is still going strong as I discovered when doing a pre-soak.

Still debating which paint coating to put on it in the near future; McKee’s, UK 3.0, Optimum GlossCoat or Adam’s...or put it on my next NON black vehicle...
    Oh yeah...the replacement, almost forgot about that. The last clue was, well, "not much help", how about another one? Does it make 707 hp and have AWDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post

Opticoat No Rinse is that a SiO2 rinseless wash?

I would go with the solid Carpro CQUK 3.0. And if you want to have a high slickness and higher water behavior from it. Use their top coating Gliss. Something that also ad to the gloss and some months extra longevity from it is to finishing with Essence. I would use their Glosspad or a finishing polish pad to get it almost like jeweling polish step. Some use it with great results on an ordinary polishing pad too.

Post Thanks / Like

So while the wife and little one are away this afternoon and after I watched Liverpool win their 15th straight PL game, I decided to do a foam wash/rinse/dry since it was only dusty, at best, since last Wednesdays wash.

For the foam I did a mix of Hydrosilex silica soap, left over in the IK Foam 9 and some AutoBrite Magifoam, worked great! Before doing this though I changed out the little foam filter and swapped out the orange tip for the gray one. With it being full I decided to pump it up till the little valve showed green, usually I haven't done this but this time I did and the cycle lasted longer and netted even better foaming! I also finished up the P&S Brake Buster i had in the IK Foam Pro2 on the tires and wheels and let dwell. Rinsing everything down with the Worx hydroshot showed my paint coating "lite" topped with Beadmaker is doing amazingly, billions of beads (just guessing, LOL) Finished drying it off with the Sucker and Griot's Garage PFM towel, designated mf towel for the jams, engine bay and tires and wheels. Speaking of tires and wheels...the wheels get swapped out this Thursday, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes SWETM, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Which model with the 4.5 did you own?
    1988 Eldorado. 20yrs. ago, when I was 20yrs. old.

10. Likes Klasse Act, spazzz, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same paint as my Coupe de Ville.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Oh yeah...the replacement, almost forgot about that. The last clue was, well, "not much help", how about another one? Does it make 707 hp and have AWDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    No.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Same paint as my Coupe de Ville.
    You sure? That particular paint was like a weird sort of off white... I used to think of it as “egg shell white”. But then again those were the days when I didn’t know anything about polishing paint so for all I know it could’ve been polished to a proper bright white.

That day of those pictures was the very 1st time in my life that I ever attempted to “wax” my car. I bought a can of Mothers California Gold Paste Cleaner Wax and went to town by hand. I worked as arse off and didn’t make a squats worth of difference.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A quick onr wash topped with seal' n' shine (first use). Griots on the tires

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

16. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
Page 278 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 178228268269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287288328378778 ... LastLast