autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yesterday morning clouds seemed to be heavy and the sun would take it's while to get through. So filling the buckets and takeing out the wash eqiupment and hook up the PW. This time I just must have the weather gods with me LOL. To applying a new coat of the TW SNS. Which had failed totaly after 6 weeks for me.

Prewash with Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam. To be honest I was almost skipping the 2bm wash. It cleans up so extremly well with the water pressure from the PW to clean with. Then Tac System Mystic Bubble which is if not exactly then very a like Carpro Reset. Still like Reset more LOL but it was one of my first product I bought a little over 2 years ago now when decided to be doing hand washing again. So Reset has it's place in my arsenal. Drying with a large twisted loop mf drying towel and no drying aid as useally.

Applyied TW SNS on the roof and the half of the hood. Much better experience than the first time I applyied it. The other half was sprayed on some water again. And then sprayed 2 spritz of the Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. To my surprise it came out of the bottle in a very fine mist and spread out on the whole half of the hood area with this 2 spritzes. They must have been switched the spray head on these. It's the EU version of it. Drying with a softer mf drying towel and buffed with a mf towel. Both applyied very good and easy and no visual streaking when inspected in the sun as good as possible.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam working

HCW on the passenger side of the hood and SNS on the drivers side and roof.

Not bad for a finish in not so good condition.

Great work on the Golf DetailKitty!

/ Tony

2. Likes DetailKitty, Klasse Act, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't take any pictures because I'm lazy and truthfully I forgot but I "detailed" my Grandma's 2013 Cadillac XTS. It's a gun metal type color. Just a basic exterior wash with an interior cleaning. Broke out the machine to hit a couple if areas that had some red paint transfer (someone bumped her car in a parking lot) as well as a few other spots with some scuffs. Cleaned up well and most importantly........Grandma was happy.

My Grandma is 80 years old and we lost my Grandpa between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year so she's obviously making a lot of adjustments in life and she's doing so well and I'm very happy for her. Last Thursday would have been there 60th Anniversary so she had a tough day but she's doing incredibly well and staying busy....Quite honestly she's busier and has more of a social life than I do at 32 lol.

Miss my Grandpa everyday but so happy for every single day I have my Grandma.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Didn't take any pictures because I'm lazy and truthfully I forgot but I "detailed" my Grandma's 2013 Cadillac XTS. It's a gun metal type color. Just a basic exterior wash with an interior cleaning. Broke out the machine to hit a couple if areas that had some red paint transfer (someone bumped her car in a parking lot) as well as a few other spots with some scuffs. Cleaned up well and most importantly........Grandma was happy.

My Grandma is 80 years old and we lost my Grandpa between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year so she's obviously making a lot of adjustments in life and she's doing so well and I'm very happy for her. Last Thursday would have been there 60th Anniversary so she had a tough day but she's doing incredibly well and staying busy....Quite honestly she's busier and has more of a social life than I do at 32 lol.

my Grandpa passed a few years ago in his mid 90's and my Grandma last month at around the same age. i'm sure your Grandpa knew how much you Loved him as does your Grandma. I wish you the very best with her.

6. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post

I was raised by my grandparents and I got my passion for detailing from my grandfather. The first car I detailed was his 1966 Chevy Impala. I lost him in 1997 and I lost grandma in 2011. I think about them every day. Spend as much time as you can with your grandma and cherish every moment.

8. Likes PaulMys, bfielder32087, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I was raised by my grandparents and I got my passion for detailing from my grandfather. I lost him in 1997 and I lost grandma in 2011. I think about them every day. Spend as much time as you can with your grandma and cherish every moment.
    They must have been great folks, UD.

You turned out pretty good, if I say so myself.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Thanks UncleDavy thanked for this post
    Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    my Grandpa passed a few years ago in his mid 90's and my Grandma last month at around the same age. i'm sure your Grandpa knew how much you Loved him as does your Grandma. I wish you the very best with her.
    Thank you so much. And mid 90s wow, what a life. We can all hope we live a long and healthy life.

Post Thanks / Like

I was raised by my grandparents and I got my passion for detailing from my grandfather. The first car I detailed was his 1966 Chevy Impala. I lost him in 1997 and I lost grandma in 2011. I think about them every day. Spend as much time as you can with your grandma and cherish every moment.
    Absolutely I'm fortunate enough to see my Grandma 2-3 times a week and I know how lucky I am. There's nothing like Grandparents.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    They must have been great folks, UD.

You turned out pretty good, if I say so myself.
    Thank you sir I appreciate the kind words. They truly are wonderful people.

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Grandparents had a lot to do with my upbringing as well, both of my Grandmothers in particular. Still hurts not having them around despite them passing many years ago now. I feel like my grandmother on my mothers side knew me better than any other person on earth. As said, cherish the time you have with them while you can.

17. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mustang had a squished bug on the windscreen so it just had to be washed!

Apart from the usual washing, I try to do a little bit extra each wash to keep on top of things. Today was a chance to give the interior trim as well as the engine bay plastic's a dressing of 303 with the aid of a microfibre pad. I also used a small paint brush to get into those little nooks around the airbox and induction tubing.

All clean again, OCD satisfied and ready for another adventure.

19. Likes SWETM, DetailKitty, rvalero liked this post
Page 261 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 161211251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270271311361761 ... LastLast