autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Cleaned out the Escape after driving down to the shore as well as transporting the dog to boarding and back.

I need to detail the outside and apply some protection soon... definitely before the weather starts to turn cold.

I have some new products I need to try out as well.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Cleaned out the Escape after driving down to the shore as well as transporting the dog to boarding and back.

I need to detail the outside and apply some protection soon... definitely before the weather starts to turn cold.
    Maybe a good time to try out some more of those new products you foundWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Maybe a good time to try out some more of those new products you foundWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Definitely because I got MORE of them a few weeks ago!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Stopped at the coinop on the way home from work yesterday and sprayed off a weeks worth of pollen and dust.
    TWSS still beading nicely!
    Just wiped he down with some Ech2o mixed to detail spray mix and am heading over to our local Ford dealer for their yearly car show.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

6. Likes DetailKitty, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a great BBQ lunch I decided to coat my wife's tires, but you guys know how that goes, LOL. She ran it through a touch-free yesterday after I raised holy hell about how it's always dirty, so it was fairly clean but based off of all the ranting i decided to do a DEEP CLEANWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with the tires and wheels. Started with Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner and P&S Brake Buster on the rims. Scrubbed the tires with a short brissel brush, Mother's wheel brush for the wheel faces and the Speed Master, I repeated this process twice, tires were "clean", more on this later.

I then sprayed lemon scented IronX over the entire car and let it dwell while I got the IK Foam 9 primed up. I added 3 ounces of Turtle Wax Ice snow foam and proceeded to empty the entire 1.3 gallons of cleaning solution on the car. At this point I could see some bleeding out and let the snow foam continue to dwell along with the IronX, then rinsed it all down. Now it was time for the NEXT STEP!

That next step was Sonax Seal and Shine, I've had this for quite some time so I wanted to use. I sprayed this all over the entire car, including the rims. I've used these products before and once you spray them on the wet surface the water runs away but this product didn't so that the same way. I had enough left over so I could treat the wheels on my own car sometime this week and once I rinsed it down I could see the beading, almost invisible due to how tight it was! Once I dried the car with the Sucker and the Griot's Garage waffle weave towel I noticed how damn good looking the paint was, it's VERY NOTICEABLE, very impressed here Sonax What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now for the "cherry on the cake", coating the tires. Remember earlier I put "clean" in italics, check this out. I ordered a quart of mineral spirits per a suggestion in the OPT tire coating thread and wiped down the first "clean" tire. Upon the first swipe I could see darkness on my mf towel, amazing so I did another swipe, more darkness but not as much, so I did 2x's the swipe on each tire, now, time for coating.

I applied 2x's OPT tire coating, going around each tire and making sure I rubbed it in real good and once I was done with the last tire I went around and it did it again, thus the double coat. I should mention that the first tire coated was BONE DRY when I went in for that 2nd coat, amazing product here.

Now the paint work AND tires are coated and will endure weeks of abuse inbetween cleanings but maybe my wife can find the touch-free every other weeks, i believe in miracles....do youWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes PaulMys, DetailKitty, MadMerc, UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geese Roger, is that all you did?

Slacker.....

10. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Auto" setting added here, looks more this inpersonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes MadMerc, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roger, I just noticed you two have matching colored vehicles. How sweet! What a great husband you are.

Clue #2: panoramic sunroof
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Hey Roger, I just noticed you two have matching colored vehicles. How sweet! What a great husband you are.

Clue #2: panoramic sunroof
    Hers is actually more purple, especially inperson but there's no panoramic sunroof, ours is the SE, not the SEL. She needs to get after that interior though, it's a struggleWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    "Auto" setting added here, looks more this inpersonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looks great, What happened to the missing trim piece on the front door?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page 254 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 154204244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264304354754 ... LastLast