autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The FNW is going down in a couple hours, I'm thinking Griot's Garage foaming surface wash and follow that up with another coat of Poly Gloss, I swear that stuff kicks up the gloss to 11! I'm also going to be trying out my just delivered (thanks AutoGeek/UPS) IK Foam Pro2, also acquired some mineral spirits for random cleanings as well. Thoughts on the sprayer later on this evening, stay "tuned", maybe a pic too because that OPT tire coating has me completely sold!
    What do you mean "Maybe a pic......."?!?!?!?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Klasse I'm waiting to hear your impressions of the IK Pro. I have mine all loaded and ready to go, but not able to do anything tonight. Will give it a run tomorrow most likely.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, the FNW is in the booksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did the tires and wheels first, ofcoarse, but did swap out the gray tip for the orange one in the new IK Foam Pro2. For those who don't know, the IK family of sprayers has 3 colored tips, green for what I call "air foam", useless IMO, the orange which is a wetter foam but uses more product and the gray one, which comes installed already and is in the middle between dry and wetter. I prefer the orange and use it in my IK Foam 9 as well. Speaking of the IK Foam 9, I decided to pop out the little foam filter in the foam head and let it soak in some water all day, this made it work alot better. You see it accumulated some dirt on one side, so I cleaned it the best I could and let it soak, works alot better now, I think I need to do this every other week....oh yeah, the reviewWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I now have the IK Foam Pro2 now and it's great for a number of reasons. The first is it holds more product, 50 ounces vs. 35 ounces and because of the added capacity it holds more pressure, thus meaning you don't have to pump it up as much. There's a release valve that will let you know if you over pressurize the unit, I've never done this but it's there to help you along. I was able to do 2 tires and wheels whereas before I had to pump it up for each tire and wheel, pretty cool right there! Next up is the base, reminds me of what you get on the Kwazzers, it's no longer a Weeble Wabble (for those who know what THOSE areWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) Finally there's a built in carrying case for your extra tips and new filter heads but guess what, I'm only using the orange anyways and besides, I don't wanna hear all that rattling around going on in there, LOL. So inclosing should you upgrade from your IK 1.5 to the IK Foam Pro2, I did for the above mentioned reasons and if you still don't have one, well, this is a no-brainer, get the IK Foam Pro2, they also sell a non-foaming version which would be awesome for doing WW or pre-treating for RW, yet another "dynamic duo"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah, the wash, sorry no pics, was getting pretty warm down there and you guys have seen the car before, I'll take a pic from cars and coffee this Sunday. The wash tonight was Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, left to dwell, rinsed off and then Griot's Garage Poly Gloss, left to dwell and rinsed off and dried off with the Sucker and Sucker Jr. When I dried the tires/wheels from the P&S Brake Buster foaming/dwell/rinse they look great still, the foaming did bring some browning out from this weeks driving but that's it, couldn't be happier and don't plan on refreshing the tires anytime soon!

Ok, time for bed and thanks for making it through my ramblings hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Ok, the FNW is in the booksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did the tires and wheels first, ofcoarse, but did swap out the gray tip for the orange one in the new IK Foam Pro2. For those who don't know, the IK family of sprayers has 3 colored tips, green for what I call "air foam", useless IMO, the orange which is a wetter foam but uses more product and the gray one, which comes installed already and is in the middle between dry and wetter. I prefer the orange and use it in my IK Foam 9 as well. Speaking of the IK Foam 9, I decided to pop out the little foam filter in the foam head and let it soak in some water all day, this made it work alot better. You see it accumulated some dirt on one side, so I cleaned it the best I could and let it soak, works alot better now, I think I need to do this every other week....oh yeah, the reviewWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I now have the IK Foam Pro2 now and it's great for a number of reasons. The first is it holds more product, 50 ounces vs. 35 ounces and because of the added capacity it holds more pressure, thus meaning you don't have to pump it up as much. There's a release valve that will let you know if you over pressurize the unit, I've never done this but it's there to help you along. I was able to do 2 tires and wheels whereas before I had to pump it up for each tire and wheel, pretty cool right there! Next up is the base, reminds me of what you get on the Kwazzers, it's no longer a Weeble Wabble (for those who know what THOSE areWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) Finally there's a built in carrying case for your extra tips and new filter heads but guess what, I'm only using the orange anyways and besides, I don't wanna hear all that rattling around going on in there, LOL. So inclosing should you upgrade from your IK 1.5 to the IK Foam Pro2, I did for the above mentioned reasons and if you still don't have one, well, this is a no-brainer, get the IK Foam Pro2, they also sell a non-foaming version which would be awesome for doing WW or pre-treating for RW, yet another "dynamic duo"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Oh yeah, the wash, sorry no pics, was getting pretty warm down there and you guys have seen the car before, I'll take a pic from cars and coffee this Sunday. The wash tonight was Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, left to dwell, rinsed off and then Griot's Garage Poly Gloss, left to dwell and rinsed off and dried off with the Sucker and Sucker Jr. When I dried the tires/wheels from the P&S Brake Buster foaming/dwell/rinse they look great still, the foaming did bring some browning out from this weeks driving but that's it, couldn't be happier and don't plan on refreshing the tires anytime soon!

Ok, time for bed and thanks for making it through my ramblings hereWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

How many pumps to get it fully pressurized?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    How many pumps to get it fully pressurized?

Sorry, I didn't count? It's going to vary each time you use it based on how much product is in the bottle? Like I said, I've never went so high as to make the release valve pop open, well, except once when it was full now that I think of it and that was when I had my first one.

A top tip with these pressurized sprayers, when your all done using them, not only use the release valve to depressurized it, after that, unscrew the sprayer head from the bottle until you hear more air releasedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So a friend and neighbor brought his early 2000's SL500 over to me to breath new life into. Going with my Premium Enhancement Polish with a Coating after and my Premium Interior Detail. The interior was tackled late day yesterday and came out fantastic. 9/10 to like-new. Today will be the exterior. This beauty is sure to look great. Ignore the wheel setup as he has new ones coming in the couple days that will really set this car off. Lowering kit after that. Stay tuned....

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So my car wasn't dirty and the wheels were barely dirty but I wanted to test out my new IK Pro foamer.

Used Brake Buster at the 5•1 ratio and used the pre installed gray tip. (Will experiment with the others in the future.) So I spray in the wheel and let dwell roughly 5 minutes, maybe not even that long. I wanted to just see how well it did as a touchless cleaning on a not so dirty wheel.

I was pleasantly surprised, didn't come out spotless of course but I wasn't expecting it to. However it did do a very nice job of cleaning them up. Next time I use it I will actually do some agitation.

For some reason I was always on the fence about the original 1.5 unit. At times I told myself yeah I'm going to get one and then I would say nah I'll pass. I should have picked one up a long time ago.

Conclusion is the IK Pro Foamer with P&S Brake Buster is a great combo and I'm excited to experiment more in the future with the others tips and different dilution ratios.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The truck got the royal treatment today with a full wash with Megs Hyperwash. Then dried with Metro Sidekick, Wolfgang Uber and Griots PFM. I was pleased with the results of Mothers CMX on the Buick so I applied it to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

13. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Uncledavey I have cmx on hood and passenger side and windshield of work truck and sns on roof and drivers side and rear window of said truck. Both equal at 3 weeks but the sns seems to shed crap better so far. On glass it’s a toss up still. Will report back in a few more weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes SWETM, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing yet. Today is Day 3 of my lovely wife’s garage sale so both the SS and wife’s Beast are out in the street. Hope to do a quick wash on one or maybe both once the sun starts to go down.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

17. Likes Klasse Act, MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
Page 249 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 149199239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259299349749 ... LastLast