autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    I was never a huge fan of Regal but ironically I shot my one and only sanctioned 300 there. Very last pair to the right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I'm pretty sure I remember that bowling alley being the 1st to lay down your a thing lanes including the approach which I thought always sounded weird when you dropped the ball on the lane.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So that truck I coated with cancoat got picked up today. Got it home and at some point between it being out front for a whopping 2 min got sap all over the front. So flipping mad. Now I gotta figure out how to remove the sap and not damage the coating. Oh and course I said park inside and it got parked in his driveway and it rained. I was like are you serious!!!

End rant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    So that truck I coated with cancoat got picked up today. Got it home and at some point between it being out front for a whopping 2 min got sap all over the front. So flipping mad. Now I gotta figure out how to remove the sap and not damage the coating. Oh and course I said park inside and it got parked in his driveway and it rained. I was like are you serious!!!

End rant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So long as it was 24hrs between the coating and rain you're fine. 7 days before soap though. Wash it first with very warm/hot water and a good MF Mitt. I would bet you'll get off most of the sap with ease. If more is needed, then use some hot water and a nano mitt with super soapy water as lube and just lightly knock-off the sap. There's nothing there on the mitt to marr the paint so don't stress. Just use very light pressure as to not remove any coating. been there done this, you'll be fine. When done, peace of mind, just hit the impacted areas with another layer of CanCoat.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

So I took the car out Sunday to go and record a podcast with a guy I've friended over the past couple years while attending cars and coffees (more on that another time, thread will be made where to find it, comes out in 6 weeks) and the road was dry, damp and then rained a bit, so needless to say it needed a wash. Timing is everything as my AG order came in today, so I got to try out some new products before and after the wash.

I started things off with a vac of the interior, then I treated the seats, steering wheel and shiftknob with Leather Masters creme, REALLY nice product here! It spreads well and dries pretty quickly. I finished by spraying some CG's Signature scent on the mats, time for the carwash.

Started by spraying the 303 degreaser in the wells, leaving them to dwell, 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner for the tires and P&S Brake Buster for the rims. Mothers tire brush and Speed Master made quick work of things, sprayed it all down and dried them off, time for the car itself.

I've read here about someone not liking Ech2o for WW but I know better, sorry to sound like a know it all but seriously, it's the best for RW and accels in the WW department as well, inparticular when you buff the haze (@7:1 ratio even) because the gloss left behind is unparalleled, period! Once I was finished I noticed the tires were VERY dry, so I reached for a brand new product (to me anyways) and it's the OPT tire coating. Now upon looking at this its watery like Armor All, remember that stuff, LOL but when I added a couple drops to prime my brand new applicator (separate applicators used and marked for each tire product in my collection) I noticed that bluish/purple color, I began to become intrigued! I applied a single coat to each tire and what you see in the pics is after that single coat, stuff finished out almost the same color as my ES, LOL! After a little bit it began to sort itself out and I then swiped all 4 tires again with what I had left on the applicator, just to even things out more and to use up what was on the applicator. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in the morning and I'm going to have this on the tires for quite some time, so we'll see how durability goes, supposed to be dry all week tooWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Damn, its 11:30 p.m. 5:15 a.m. comes around pretty quick at our placeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

took the truck through the touchless and when i got home I wiped it down with the mckees extender spray wax. I'm not sure how great or not-great this stuff is, but I have a bottle to use up and it helps clean up the water drips and missed spots from the autowash, while being safe for all surfaces and providing some protection

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_7536-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_7537-jpg
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished detailing the TSX. Stripped - Decontaminated - Clayed - Polished - 3 coats of KSG 12+ hrs apart

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-photo-2019-07-22-9-44-04-pm-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-photo-2019-07-22-9-44-16-pm-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-photo-2019-07-22-9-44-31-pm-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Well tomorrow I may be getting a new to me car so I figured what the heck, car isn't dirty or anything but today might be the last time I get a chance to do anything to it since it may not be coming back home tomorrow.

Did a quick WW with N 914. Wheels and tires cleaned up with Brake Buster. Fresh coat of PERL on the tires. Did a quick vacuum and wipe down of the interior. Drivers side rubber mat was wiped down. Engine bay got a quick wipe down as well.

I won't say what the new car might be but in light of some other manual vs auto conversations around here and many other places I will say that the car is offered with both an auto and manual option.

My "man card" will be revoked, and I'll be wearing a skirt, and driving my wife's car etc..... blah blah blah because it is an auto.

Only other clue/hint is that it's certainly a more entertaining car than my current 15 Chevy Sonic Hatch but most cars are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Well tomorrow I may be getting a new to me car so I figured what the heck, car isn't dirty or anything but today might be the last time I get a chance to do anything to it since it may not be coming back home tomorrow.

Did a quick WW with N 914. Wheels and tires cleaned up with Brake Buster. Fresh coat of PERL on the tires. Did a quick vacuum and wipe down of the interior. Drivers side rubber mat was wiped down. Engine bay got a quick wipe down as well.

I won't say what the new car might be but in light of some other manual vs auto conversations around here and many other places I will say that the car is offered with both an auto and manual option.

My "man card" will be revoked, and I'll be wearing a skirt, and driving my wife's car etc..... blah blah blah because it is an auto.

Only other clue/hint is that it's certainly a more entertaining car than my current 15 Chevy Sonic Hatch but most cars are.

Throw us a bone as another clueWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Throw us a bone as another clueWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hmmm. It has 4 doors.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the wife's '13 Nissan Altima. Washed with DG902 via foam gun, BDX iron remover on the paint (bled like a stuck pig) then nanoskinned the paint, then in honor of Nick's b'day, M37 360 AIO and done.

Page 239 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 139189229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249289339739 ... LastLast