autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? gold level cermaic pro install

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it was 96 degrees today, worked 10.5 hrs today (11 hrs yesterday) and it's hot and stagnant down in the garage, no matter, the car was dirty from a massive storm the other day, let the FNW commenceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started off with 303 degreaser in the wheelwells, 303 Tire and Rubber on the tires and P&S Brake Buster @3:1 and let it dwell and rinsed. I then pre-foamed the car with TW Ice snow foam in the IK Foam 9 and rinsed it off, time for the 2BM. For the 2BM I added 2 ounces of the TW Ice snow foam and some leftover Hydrosilex silca soap. The Griot's Garage wash pad just slid over the car and I finished the wash, rinsed down. I did notice the barrels didn't come completely clean from just the dwell so I foamed them down again, grabbed the Mothers Tire brush & Speed Master and got after it. While scrubbing down the wheel spokes and barrels I noticed the brown coming out of the foam, this is much better and no matter how good the wheel cleaner is, the Speed Master, combined with the P&S Brake Buster, is a winning combo!

I dried the car with the Sucker & Sucker Jr, designated towel for the tires/wheels and engine bay swipe, oh yeah the jams too. Upon finishing up in was soaked with sweat but I needed to post and now it's time for the shower!

Btw I didn't dress the tires because Optimum Tire Coating is due here on Monday so I want them clean like they are now and will probably give them another cleaning before I apply this newest tire coating to my collection, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So got some mothers detail brushes. The Guz recommended using a stiffer brush with the black fire wax remover to remove polish of my black trim.

Didn’t work with a soft bristle boars hair brush.

Worked well. I might be a little I missed or might be some dried residue that was hard to wipe off. Recommend doing it before a bucket wash as to get a good rinse. Anyways to get rid of wax or polish on trim it’s a definite recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After sweating it out cutting the grass in 105* 'feels like' temps with super humidity, I said #@$#@ it I'm cooling off by washing my wife's filthy car. I was so hot and sweaty after I had to drink a cold MGD in front of my garage fan just to dry off enough to remove my T-Shirt. No pics of that......you're welcome

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washed my Formula on Thursday night,and my C10 and wife's G8 on Friday. Used various products and combos on both LOL.

I love Summer,but you could've rung water out of my shirt,shorts,and underwear. It's good to sweat toxins out though. Just don't need to overdo it. Much bottled water was drunk because our town was under a boil order.

We have had close to 17 inches of rain the last ten days or so. No telling how much. My wife's G8 was still beading water like a champ! That's pretty awesome considering the downpour and the humidity,and also driving in the rain.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a mobile detail in the heat and fried like an egg and feel like ####

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed a customers new 16 3500 cclb. what a wreck that turned into.

Wash took 4 hrs it was so dirty. Then he said he wanted the interior cleaned. So It got a quick vacuum and wiped down with quick interior Detailer.

Then polished with Gyeon primer and white lc flats. Paint wasn’t in bad shape. On my test spot it pulled the light swirls out...apparently that was the least swirled scratches spot. But I didn’t go back. Turns out it had some big ugly rids all over the horizontal panels. No compound was going to get rid of em. Good news is the truck is white so hides everything well. Talked to the Customer and proceeded.

Finished polishing and did a wipe down with Gyeon prep. A wipe down takes a bit on a crew can long box.

installed Gyeon cancoat which took a lot longer than 20 min to do all exterior trim, glass, paint and wheels. Then did door jambs.

Tires got mckees37 sio2 tire shine.

Cancoat is easy but man what a pain white paint is. Can’t tell when it disappears no matter what angle and what light.

But I’m happy and it came out good.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1145-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1147-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1148-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1151-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1152-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1146-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1149-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1150-jpg

16. Likes PaulMys, DETAILROOKIE, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Washed a customers new 16 3500 cclb. what a wreck that turned into.

Wash took 4 hrs it was so dirty. Then he said he wanted the interior cleaned. So It got a quick vacuum and wiped down with quick interior Detailer.

Then polished with Gyeon primer and white lc flats. Paint wasn’t in bad shape. On my test spot it pulled the light swirls out...apparently that was the least swirled scratches spot. But I didn’t go back. Turns out it had some big ugly rids all over the horizontal panels. No compound was going to get rid of em. Good news is the truck is white so hides everything well. Talked to the Customer and proceeded.

Finished polishing and did a wipe down with Gyeon prep. A wipe down takes a bit on a crew can long box.

installed Gyeon cancoat which took a lot longer than 20 min to do all exterior trim, glass, paint and wheels. Then did door jambs.

Tires got mckees37 sio2 tire shine.

Cancoat is easy but man what a pain white paint is. Can’t tell when it disappears no matter what angle and what light.

But I’m happy and it came out good.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1145-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1147-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1148-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1151-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1152-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1146-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1149-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1150-jpg

Big Beast there. Awesome work.

Give this man a beer!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a mini van that needs cquk3.0 and gliss and wifes needs synchro installed. Saw wifes in sun this afternoon and oh my gawd are there some bad buffer trails/holograms/scratches/swirls...lets just say it’s real bad and since it black it’s even worse

Page 237 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 137187227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247287337737 ... LastLast