autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Washed the work truck. Been a while, don’t remember when actually but it’s been over a month I think. Hydro blue was still working on the side and rear windows from 4-5 months ago. Sooo I didn’t use any lol.

Instead we are doing a test sorta. I don’t wash enough so it may be a descent test who knows.

Anyways washed with presoak and hot soap and rinse at the coin op. Then rinseless with N914. Then the fun.

Mothers CMX applied to a microfiber and I did the windshield, hood, front end, passenger side glass and mirror, and all passenger side panels. Wiped on and let set a few min and then removed. Came off easily except from the chrome bumper and windshield was a bit tough to get streaks off.

Turtle Wax SNS to roof, drivers side glass and mirror, drivers side panels, rear glass. Super easy wipe on and spread around and then buff off.

Meguiars HCW in rear bumper and tailgate. Not diluted at all it’s kind of tough to spread this on dry paint for those that care, but it smells real good.

Hit trim and tires with hyper dressing at 4:1 and called it a night.

Left the cmx application and removal towel on a hanger to see if they crystallize. Did same with the hcw towels.

Let me know thoughts on how often I should wash for testing and with what. Curious to see what y’all say and come up with.

Attachment 67308Attachment 67309Attachment 67310Attachment 67311Attachment 67312Attachment 67313Attachment 67314

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice testing you have going on.

I would use a car soap that leaves nothing behind like Carpro Reset or Gyeon Bathe or Gtechnic G-Wash. And if you use a prewash foam makes sure it don't leaves anything behind. IIRC the Honeydew Snow Foam leaves some glossenhancers behind. Also I would not use a drying aid either and if you must. Use something like McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash in QD dilution.

I would wash the car weekly or every other week. To see how easy it is to wash and also after the test take a clay bar and clay it. To see if there is a difference between them as how much of bonded contaminants they get when you have called it done.

Very interesting to hear your experience with Hydro Blue that gets a longer longevity on the glass. I think I have got an explainationway it's so. It's the glass it self that has more of OH molecules so the SiO2 just bonds more thoroughly and harder to glass vs paint. Would have been awesome if these spray on rinse off products also did stand up to the wipers abrasions LOL. You can not get everything. But it's very impresive on the glass without any wipers on them. The HCW I think would be awesome for this since it's able to be wiped off and no need to be rinsed initially. Thinking about the overspray you would get if only wanted to be useing it on the windows.

You should make it's own thread about your testing. They are fun to follow and easier to find if haveing it's own thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add. Placed an order on Amazon. Picked up some glacier Russo coat to try out. Grabbed 2 m22 15mm x 1/4 quick connects to see if that’s what need to get my hose working actually come to think of it I need a hose with quick connect ends now...FML!!! Also grabbed a Trinova foam cannon to try before I go to mtm.

Just ordered the m22 14mm x 1/4 quick disconnect. 2 of wash should be enough to confuse any man. Hopefully it works like my brain just assembled it.

If your using electric PW save your money and just go straight to MTM. If gas you’ll like trinova.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add. Placed an order on Amazon. Picked up some glacier Russo coat to try out. Grabbed 2 m22 15mm x 1/4 quick connects to see if that’s what need to get my hose working actually come to think of it I need a hose with quick connect ends now...FML!!! Also grabbed a Trinova foam cannon to try before I go to mtm.

Just ordered the m22 14mm x 1/4 quick disconnect. 2 of wash should be enough to confuse any man. Hopefully it works like my brain just assembled it.

If your using electric PW save your money and just go straight to MTM. If gas you’ll like trinova.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Klasse...just purchased my first bottle of Brake Buster on Friday based off of your “enthusiasm”...guess that would make you a “influencer” nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?!

It’s cool to see your passion for detailing as well as your knowledge. Not going to TW just yet, sticking to my PNS for now.

Love Bead Maker too but the last time I used it, really didn’t offer much protection for my wife’s car (tongue firmly planted-in-cheek !
    I guarantee it was the smoothest and slickest car in the junkyard!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Jay, I hope she was alright and anyone else involved in the accident!

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate this! This is my only form of social media too, AG influencerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? As far as TWSS, come on in, the waters fine, LOL. Atleast grab a bottle and put it on the shelf, Advance Auto Parts always has an online coupon code, so you can order it and pick it up in storeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looking forward to hearing how you like this bargain Buster, about as great of a deal as P&S Brake Buster is. Btw, do you use an IK 1.5 to spray it on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Finally got a moment to try Poly Gloss and it definitely added some gloss, but I think it let it sit too long in the garage, left some haze on the paint.

Added some Kinotek to clean off the haze... worked great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yeah, with summer temps I wouldn't let it sit too long, looking forward to your next go around with it. Btw, I've been doing either an ounce of Foaming Surface wash & an ounce of Poly Gloss mixed or sometimes 2 ounces of Foaming Surface wash and .5 ounces of Poly Gloss, depending upon how dusty the car is, try that next time around too.

6. Thanks DETAILROOKIE thanked for this post
    Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Nice testing you have going on.

I would use a car soap that leaves nothing behind like Carpro Reset or Gyeon Bathe or Gtechnic G-Wash. And if you use a prewash foam makes sure it don't leaves anything behind. IIRC the Honeydew Snow Foam leaves some glossenhancers behind. Also I would not use a drying aid either and if you must. Use something like McKees 37 N-914 rinseless wash in QD dilution.

I would wash the car weekly or every other week. To see how easy it is to wash and also after the test take a clay bar and clay it. To see if there is a difference between them as how much of bonded contaminants they get when you have called it done.

Very interesting to hear your experience with Hydro Blue that gets a longer longevity on the glass. I think I have got an explainationway it's so. It's the glass it self that has more of OH molecules so the SiO2 just bonds more thoroughly and harder to glass vs paint. Would have been awesome if these spray on rinse off products also did stand up to the wipers abrasions LOL. You can not get everything. But it's very impresive on the glass without any wipers on them. The HCW I think would be awesome for this since it's able to be wiped off and no need to be rinsed initially. Thinking about the overspray you would get if only wanted to be useing it on the windows.

You should make it's own thread about your testing. They are fun to follow and easier to find if haveing it's own thread.
    It has been noted. I will try and find time to start a thread today or tomorrow.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

I have a sun joe. The trinova comes with the 1.1 and I got it for 20 on prime day yesterday so not to worried. It should be faster than the IK foam9

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sun joe. The trinova comes with the 1.1 and I got it for 20 on prime day yesterday so not to worried. It should be faster than the IK foam9

Anything with power will be fast than the IK Foam 9What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep the foam9 for winter though. Should work well for that in the garage

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep the foam9 for winter though. Should work well for that in the garage

When we get a house and I have a hose I will then convert the IK Foam 9 over to wheel cleaning dutiesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? That said, I've used the CG's foam gun and it pre-washes with a soapy mix compared to the thicker foam the IK Foam 9 produces.

Page 235 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 135185225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245285335735 ... LastLast