autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Oh yeah. You sure bet I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What an absolute waste, easily could've given it away or better yet, traded up for something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What an absolute waste, easily could've given it away or better yet, traded up for something.

It felt very satisfying in the moment, so I wouldn’t trade that feeling for anything. But I don’t disagree at all.

Post Thanks / Like

So later in the day yesterday Derek0609 and I got a chance to clean up the ES, it needed it from the trip into the D. We started with a TW Ice snow foam pre-wash, left to dwell while we used P&S Brake Buster@3:1 to clean the tires and wheels. I decided to use his Speed Master brush for the barrels and spokes and a provided lug brush, I mean we're going to a C&C this morning, gotta look your best! While rinsing the wheels Derek grabbed some 303 Touchless Sealant for the wheels as well as the front of the car for some added protection for the drive back home tomorrow, how thoughtful and something I would've done if I were hosting someone at my place during a team wash! After rinsing everything down we did a 2BM with the same soap, man does this stuff SUD UP! I dried the car using the Sucker and Sucker Jr and convinced Derek to get once of each based on how well they dried the car. I finished up by applying Gyeon Tire Express to the tires and now it's all ready for M1 Concours this morning, gotta hit the shower as we're leaving in 30 minutes, look for some pics from the show soon, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes Misterpaul, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used Griot's Garage Brillant finish RW as a WW before but it's one of the best RW's for sure! That said, if you wanna try a great WW try Mckee's N914 and don't worry, its VERY safe. I usually make it a little stronger anyways, I'd be curious to hear how you like it if you decide to try it. In closing, CarPro Ech2o is the best dual purpose RW/WW product on the market IMO. its extremely concentrated so 7:1-10:1 for WW works best but even at 7:1 you'll probably have to buff to perfection but the benefit is a truely spectacular finish with real protection left behind that works well with coated vehicles, N914 and Griot's Garage Brillant finish are PURE cleaners, also very safe on coated carsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Klasse,

Ah, good to know on the CarPro. I've never used any of their products before. The idea of waterless is cool, but the price - ouch. Once I start to run out of Griots (which shouldn't be too long,) I'll give CarPro a whirl.

I have the say the Griots spray wax is nice stuff too.

Thanks!

EDIT - I also noticed that CarPro can be used in direct sun, which is great since I have no garage and 99% of all my washes are outside in the sun.
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

I would've never thought to have used it as a drying aid because it's on the thicker sideWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The thread on autopia I said it works fine as a drying aid. Water runs from it decently when it hits it

8. Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lokerola View Post
    Klasse,

Ah, good to know on the CarPro. I've never used any of their products before. The idea of waterless is cool, but the price - ouch. Once I start to run out of Griots (which shouldn't be too long,) I'll give CarPro a whirl.

I have the say the Griots spray wax is nice stuff too.

Thanks!

EDIT - I also noticed that CarPro can be used in direct sun, which is great since I have no garage and 99% of all my washes are outside in the sun.
    Good luck with ech2o if you decide to buy it. I tried it at ridiculous dilutions and all it ever did was streak and provide an average finish that didn’t look any better than the alternatives I’ve tried.

There’s much better products out there that don’t cost as much, and provide the exact same results.

My last WW wash before 24oz of it went down the drain was at 20:1 and it was still an insufferable and mediocre product to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I had big plans to detail my daughter's car since she was home from college for a couple of days. In the past 18 months, 19K miles, the car's only seen 3 applications of Meg's Ultimate QW, so I braced myself for an application of BF One Step, PNS and BSD.

Well after getting through with almost 2 hours of vacuuming and detailing the interior, in 90 degrees and high South Florida humidity in the morning, I was drained... I knew there was no way I'd have enough energy to complete my plan. I decided on a simple hand wash and a wipe down with Bead Maker closer to 7pm when it's cooler.

7pm rolls around I get to work, no clay or decon, just a bucket and MF towel with Meg's GC soap. (I know all the rage is a 2-bucket wash, but I've never done this and don't plan to start now). I got done drying the car just before 8pm and there was still some daylight left, and I still had some reserves in the tank, so I broke out the GG6 and the One Step. I ended up doing the bumpers, hood, roof and hatch, essentially the surfaces that see the most grime... besides the sides still looked pretty good. Being kept in covered parking is clearly much better than parking outside.

Minus the sides of the car, I did One Step bumper to bumper (hatch by hand) just 3-4 passes with the GG6. Then applied Sonax BSD over the entire car.

Right after the hand wash, see how the side and doors are still glossy?

Only this one night time pic, after I tidied up and put everything away, Saw the reflection and thought it looked impressive.

11. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Good luck with ech2o if you decide to buy it. I tried it at ridiculous dilutions and all it ever did was streak and provide an average finish that didn’t look any better than the alternatives I’ve tried.

There’s much better products out there that don’t cost as much, and provide the exact same results.

My last WW wash before 24oz of it went down the drain was at 20:1 and it was still an insufferable and mediocre product to deal with.

Hmmmm....interesting. Thanks for the input. Always good to hear people's experience - good or bad - with a product.
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

Post Thanks / Like

Delivered this beauty back to the owners

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes lane5515, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after driving back to Chicago from the D I decided to wash the car after it sat for about an hour and a half. It was last washed late Friday night at Derek0609's house for M1 Concours Saturday morning (what a showWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) so it needed a wash to get back to factory fresh.

Before I get into the wash details I should report that I crushed my previous HWY mpg record, that was 37 mpg. I filled up in Warren MI and drove home, making 1 stop for breakfast. The 1st half of the trip had me going 75 mph with the cruise on, no A/C but after breakfast the A/C came on and cruise set to 70 mph. About half way through Indiana I was doing about 60-65 mph due to speed limits lowered and traffic, same held true for Illinois. Oh and speaking of gas prices, paid $3.47 for premium in Warren MI @ Mobil and filling up in Itasca ILL I paid $4.07 @ Exxon, premium ofcoarse, lovin' that EIGHTEEN CENT A GALLON HIKE IN GAS TAX ILLINOYEDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Ok, I've put away my pocket protector, Fuelly app and soapbox and I'm ready for the wash details. For the wheelwells I used 303 citrus degreaser, tires were sprayed down with 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and wheels were foamed down with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner in the IK 1.5 @ the 9 oz ratio per gallon amount, I did 2 wheels at a time and let them dwell before rinsing, now onto the wash. Since the car wasn't too bad I decided to do a 2 oz of Griot's Garage foaming surface wash and .5 oz of Poly Gloss, car was dusty with no real bugs on the windshield or bumper/grill area (thanks for the extra shot of 303 Touchless sealant DerekWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?). I did a real good foaming, used 2/3 of the 1.3 gallon solution and let it dwell. Upon rinsing the TWSS did its thing....BEADING! Dried off with the Sucker and Sucker Jr, dried the rims and tires and finished with Gyeon Tire Express, love that stuff, especially when the tires aren't 100% dry because that's what this product is forWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now it's time to head upstairs and hit the shower, its 91 degrees outside and although out of the sun down here in the garage sweat is a thing, I'm pretty white, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes PaulMys, Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
Page 232 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 132182222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242282332732 ... LastLast