autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yesterday I noticed the barrels of my wheels were a bit dirty and my tires for the first time in a long time were starting to brown just a bit. So I scrubbed the tires real good with McKees 37 Tire and Rubber and cleaned up the wheels with P & S Brake Buster. Something came up so I had to quit there.

Anyways today I went out dressed the tires with PERL and gave the car a quick WW with McKees N 914 as it was barely dusty. Finished that up and I haven't used Sonax BSD in a while so I topped it up with that.

Cleaned the windows with Meguiars Glass Concentrate and I noticed there was a good amount of contaminants on the windshield as it was quite grabby. So I clayed the windshield real quick, wiped down with IPA and threw some Griots Glass Sealant on.

Lousy dark garage picture. Too lazy to pull it out into the sun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So my car has had 4 days of "stuff" on it, between dust and all the construction being done at my work with repaving the parking lot, it was getting "gritty", time to get after it.

Now I'm going back home to the D tomorrow to visit family and friends and Derek0609 and I will be attending M1 Concours on Saturday morning, so if your local to the D and wanna put a face with a screen name come on out, Woodward and South Blvd, not sure about the time but we'll be there when they open and be parked with the other cars. Anywho, I wanted to try out yet ANOTHER new TW Ice product, their Snow Foam soap. I added 2 ounces in my IK Foam 9 and topped it off, time to see what it's all about. What it's all about is this...thick foam, even in my hand pumped IK Foam 9, VERY impressiveWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?Once I foamed down the car and wheelwells I reached for my IK 1.5 and foamed down the tires and wheels with P&S Brake Buster real good, all 4 and then sprayed down with the Worx hydroshot, the brown was already running off of the tires and from the wheels, just love this stuff....NO agitation with the 3:1 ratio needed either. I dried the car, sprayed some CG's Signature scent in the interior and now it's time to hit the shower and go to bed.

I'll be posting pics from this C&C sometime on Sat or possibly even Sunday, I expect a good turnout and showing, I mean, it is the Motor City, my hometown and I'm back in the D for a couple daysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes derek0609, DetailKitty, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did a waterless wash today just because I was bored, made the mistake of mixing up some ech2o to get the job done.

There’s not words that exist in the English language to properly describe how much I hate this garbage tier product.

It is a streaky disgusting mess that requires just enough extra effort to dry that panel, and I have no idea how that’s tolerated with the alternatives that currently exist on the market.

It destroys the beading of whatever LSP I have on my paint, and it never recovers from a wash with ech2o.

Really just a poor user experience and end result. I absolutely hate this stuff. The rest of my 32oz bottle is snaking it’s way down the drain as I finish up this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Did a waterless wash today just because I was bored, made the mistake of mixing up some ech2o to get the job done.

There’s not words that exist in the English language to properly describe how much I hate this garbage tier product.

It is a streaky disgusting mess that requires just enough extra effort to dry that panel, and I have no idea how that’s tolerated with the alternatives that currently exist on the market.

It destroys the beading of whatever LSP I have on my paint, and it never recovers from a wash with ech2o.

Really just a poor user experience and end result. I absolutely hate this stuff. The rest of my 32oz bottle is snaking it’s way down the drain as I finish up this post.

Interesting. I've never used it as a WW so I can't really speak on that but as a RW it's excellent. Makes a solid detail spray/drying aid too.

7. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Interesting. I've never used it as a WW so I can't really speak on that but as a RW it's excellent. Makes a solid detail spray/drying aid too.

I was incredibly agitated earlier, so I was primed to take it out on that poor bottle. My ac is broken so I’m coming home from working in boiler rooms to a house that’s 85 degrees. It’s been a long week.

I have tried a lot to use it though, detail spray, mixed with reload, waterless/rinseless. The biggest deal breaker for me is the extra effort required to buff it off a panel. I just really don’t have time for that.

That irritation is followed closely by it never leaving my windows streak free no matter how many towels I use to wipe them down. I have to follow it up with glass cleaner to get rid of the steaks, which is no good.

I can only imagine the humidity here plays a part. It was 92% today, but it averages around 75-85% lately.

I will say thats it’s the slickest/snottiest product I’ve ever used, so it feels well lubricated when I use it. For my environment and purposes though, d156, griots rinseless wash and wax diluted as a detail spray, n914, wolfgang Uber, they all do the job without fighting me.

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

finick, hope you get the AC fixed soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I was incredibly agitated earlier, so I was primed to take it out on that poor bottle. My ac is broken so I’m coming home from working in boiler rooms to a house that’s 85 degrees. It’s been a long week.

I have tried a lot to use it though, detail spray, mixed with reload, waterless/rinseless. The biggest deal breaker for me is the extra effort required to buff it off a panel. I just really don’t have time for that.

That irritation is followed closely by it never leaving my windows streak free no matter how many towels I use to wipe them down. I have to follow it up with glass cleaner to get rid of the steaks, which is no good.

I can only imagine the humidity here plays a part. It was 92% today, but it averages around 75-85% lately.

I will say thats it’s the slickest/snottiest product I’ve ever used, so it feels well lubricated when I use it. For my environment and purposes though, d156, griots rinseless wash and wax diluted as a detail spray, n914, wolfgang Uber, they all do the job without fighting me.

Understand completely with the AC issue. Mine went out last summer during the hottest stretch of the year.

Like I said I've never used it was a WW because N 914 is soooo good in that regard but I love it for RW. When it comes to RW I don't have an issue buffing it off BUT when using it as a detail spray or drying aid it can be finicky if I spray it on the panel. Does better when I spray it into the towel and go that route. So I can definitely understand why it would be a bit too much work as a WW.

12. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So did you really dump it down the drain

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm back home in the D for a long overdue visit, inparticular my buddy John and his g/f had a baby 9 months ago, yesterday was the first time seeing her...cute! Anywho, after getting back from Mesa Tacos and Tequila in Royal Oak Michigan we got back to his house and parked the M5, a 2000 M5! This car is driven, it's his dream car but when I got there and saw its condition I had to jump into action.

Now I always carry enough to do a single WW on the car, 1000 ML of N914 and always plenty of towels. So there were birdbombs, the tires and wheels were dirty and the car was very dirty, so I got after it! Upon starting on the roof I knew this wasn't going to be what I was used to, that's for sure! Just doing half the roof my square on the towel was BLACK!! I used a total of 6 towels on this car and an additional one for a final buff and another for the tires/wheels.

Once done with the car I turned my attention to the tires/wheels. I have my IK 1.5 filled with P&S Brake Buster @3:1 and thank God I did too! I did a double foam and let it dwell, no Speed Master to use this day. Upon rinsing it did a very good job but a light "haze" of dirt was left over, I could see it through the water but upon drying the tires/wheels it was all good. I dressed the tires with Gyeon Tire Express and they came out great!

I told my buddy he needs to plunk down a grand and have the paint corrected and then coated with the very best the shop has to offer. I would do it but I need the time and a Garage, he has 2 cars on his garage right now, so that's out, plus with the car being 19 years old I'm not sure about the paint thickness and I wouldn't wanna mess it up, this is dream car but I think he would trust me nonetheless. He wants EVERYTHING done to this car and he knows where to take it locally but its going to cost him especially when he says interior and engine bay, those ANDS add upWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So here's the pics of my mercy N914 WW, later on today I'll be at Derek0609's house and my car will be cleaned up for C&C Saturdsy morning. He'll get to drive my car and finally I get to drive the STINGER, stay "tuned"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

15. Likes SWETM, derek0609, MadMerc, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did my first waterless wash ever today. Used my new Griots waterless and finished up with Griots spray wax. Not sure I love the waterless vs. rinseless. You have to use a LOT of waterless to make sure the car and microfiber are lubricated enough. Good for a fast wash I guess, but I think I'll be sticking to rinseless for the most part. I can see using waterless more in the cold months when you just want to get it washed ASAP.

Also humidity sucks in the morning when you're trying to dry your car!

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-waterlesswash-7-12-19-jpg
    Our Lady Of Blessed Acceleration - Don't Fail Me Now.

Alex, from Northern Virginia.

17. Likes Diner, SWETM liked this post
Page 230 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 130180220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240280330730 ... LastLast