autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Chemical Guys are sold here though, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have had pretty good luck CG microfibers. Their green towels are especially nice and plush and fluffy.

I thought those towels Finick posted are yellow though?? They look yellow in person to me. This could make a good FB post where everyone posts what they see in the pic. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I have had pretty good luck CG microfibers. Their green towels are especially nice and plush and fluffy.

I thought those towels Finick posted are yellow though?? They look yellow in person to me. This could make a good FB post where everyone posts what they see in the pic. LOL.
    The newer/unused one definitely seems more orange to me than yellow. The older one that’s been humiliated is a color I don’t think has ever existed before. It looks pretty bad. I think it’s time to retire the older ones, because the fibers are kind matted down and not fluffy anymore.

My step brother gave me a dozen of those green ones they have, and you’re right they’re pretty nice. I have no complaints about these orange ones either, honestly.

I’ll eventually retire the towels, maybe donate a lot of the ones I don’t reach for to a cleaning service (have to look into that) and probably end up mostly just using creature edgeless towels for everything, and maybe scooping up some edgeless 365s to see if I like them.

My eagles will likely either be demoted to engine bay duty or thrown out, and I’m gonna give the minx another fair try, but I suspect it’ll still be a lint monster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I “detailed” (washed) my dump trailer for the first and probably only time to turn it into a half assed float for my towns 4th of july parade!

The truck got a little love too!

David

4. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    The newer/unused one definitely seems more orange to me than yellow. The older one that’s been humiliated is a color I don’t think has ever existed before. It looks pretty bad. I think it’s time to retire the older ones, because the fibers are kind matted down and not fluffy anymore.

My step brother gave me a dozen of those green ones they have, and you’re right they’re pretty nice. I have no complaints about these orange ones either, honestly.

I’ll eventually retire the towels, maybe donate a lot of the ones I don’t reach for to a cleaning service (have to look into that) and probably end up mostly just using creature edgeless towels for everything, and maybe scooping up some edgeless 365s to see if I like them.

My eagles will likely either be demoted to engine bay duty or thrown out, and I’m gonna give the minx another fair try, but I suspect it’ll still be a lint monster.

Love the 365’s great for polish and Lsp removal. Creatures are probably my favorites all around. I like the Eagles for rinseless and waterless

6. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Love the 365’s great for polish and Lsp removal. Creatures are probably my favorites all around. I like the Eagles for rinseless and waterless

I really have grown to like the creatures. They’re just a great “do it all” towel.

I’ve tried so many times to enjoy using my eagles. I’ve never tried them for rinseless/waterless, but I feel like they’d be so damn heavy if they were saturated with rinseless solution.

Granted, since I’ve moved to primarily using the BRS, that’s probably why I haven’t tried them for that.

I have some pearl weave towels I’ve been playing around with as well. Trying to see if I can find a place for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I really have grown to like the creatures. They’re just a great “do it all” towel.

I’ve tried so many times to enjoy using my eagles. I’ve never tried them for rinseless/waterless, but I feel like they’d be so damn heavy if they were saturated with rinseless solution.

Granted, since I’ve moved to primarily using the BRS, that’s probably why I haven’t tried them for that.

I have some pearl weave towels I’ve been playing around with as well. Trying to see if I can find a place for them.

BRS?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    BRS?

Big Red Sponge

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

10. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Soon it will be time to turn in the company car and this turn in will be perfect. The carpet in the back seat got dirty from tool boxes, parts, catalogs, suitcases and various other things. Wolfgang carpet & upholstery restorer, a small brush and a white towel solved the problem.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

12. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I observed paint on various cars at Rise and Drive C&C @ Collectors Car Garage this morning, enjoy:

Mr. Paul, I learned something today about the SS that I didn't know, front Brembos I knew about but standard calipers on the rear, I thought they only cheaped out on the Regal GSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes MadMerc, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's in the above post but THIS deserves to be separate, 993 Turbo...just look at THISWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
Page 227 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 127177217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237277327727 ... LastLast