autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Got out the Meg’s D101 APC diluted to 4:1 and some brushes. I pre soaked all the gaps, cracked, joints, badges and anything rubber in a mist of water and then cleaned them with a brush and the apc. Rinsed as I went. When finished with that and cleaning all the glaze...im assuming...residue out of spot inside the door jams and seams I decided to clean the engine bay of all its oily dealership crap. Took a lot longer and bigger pita that I thought it’d be but it’s done. Then washed with 3D Super Pre Soak.

I sniffed it quite a few times and couldn’t tell what it was but it’s something citrus. I did 2 oz per 5 gallons and that was overkill for sure. Holy suds Batman. I did .5 oz in the IK foam9 and it did great no issues. Soo was super slick and lots of foam if that your thing. Also scrubbed tires 3 times with D143 at 1:1 and the foam was white but tires dried brown like they were. Need to get rid of this stuff it’s not that great. Dried everything using pfms and Beadmaker as a drying aid. 303 sealant was unaffected the super presoak and it was got was apc at 4:1 and the presoak was foamed and sat for 5-10 min and then washed. Stuff holds up. Def needs a quick clay and then see what the polish combo will be for this paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So for Father's Day I got an Amazon gift card and decided to buy Gyeon leather coat, picked it up my brother in laws house as he's a Prime member, today I applied it to my seats, steering wheel and shiftknob. When applying it to my seats I could "see it doing something", sorry it's the best way I can describe it, really enjoyed using it and will continue to in the future, might give away one of my other leather products, its THAT good!

While I was down there, and with the daughter napping and the wife catching up on 90 Day Fiance (she enjoys watching it alone as I can't bite my tongueWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I decided to do a simple foam, dwell, rinse and dry using the IK Foam 9 w/ 1 oz of AutoBrite MagiFoam, another winner in my collection. Before that I did a P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaning using the IK 1.5, no agitation as its "supposed" to rain tomorrow, whatever, I'm down here in the garage washing the car with "Get the Led out" playlist rockin' (Great White covering "No Quarter" right now) Going to add a very light coat of 303 Tire Balm and hit the showerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw, a "before and after' of the exhaust install from yesterday from a tips standpointWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes MadMerc, Misterpaul, derek0609, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So for Father's Day I got an Amazon gift card and decided to buy Gyeon leather coat, picked it up my brother in laws house as he's a Prime member, today I applied it to my seats, steering wheel and shiftknob. When applying it to my seats I could "see it doing something", sorry it's the best way I can describe it, really enjoyed using it and will continue to in the future, might give away one of my other leather products, its THAT good!

While I was down there, and with the daughter napping and the wife catching up on 90 Day Fiance (she enjoys watching it alone as I can't bite my tongueWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) I decided to do a simple foam, dwell, rinse and dry using the IK Foam 9 w/ 1 oz of AutoBrite MagiFoam, another winner in my collection. Before that I did a P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaning using the IK 1.5, no agitation as its "supposed" to rain tomorrow, whatever, I'm down here in the garage washing the car with "Get the Led out" playlist rockin' (Great White covering "No Quarter" right now) Going to add a very light coat of 303 Tire Balm and hit the showerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Btw, a "before and after' of the exhaust install from yesterday from a tips standpointWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Leather coat is EXCELLENT. Huge fan myself. Super easy to use, has solid durability, leather looks and feels good. Even had a nice scent. Also it's what 12 bucks? So it's super cheap too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned and vacuumed out the Wife's Focus in preparation for our vacation trip July 4th week. All that I can say is we have less food in our refrigerator, than what I found in that car.
    Ugh. I need a shower.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

8. Likes Klasse Act, Misterpaul, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut the grass today and while I was outside I decided to go into the garage and give the interior a quick little maintenance cleaning. My car is very well maintained and I'm the only one in the car 99% of the time so didn't need much. Quick vacuum, light wipe down of the seats and interior plastics using N 914 at WW dilution. First time using it on interior and it's just as good there as it is on the exterior.

And me being me I couldn't help but do a quick WW of the paint too. Car wasn't dirty, I wouldn't even call it dusty but oh well I did it anyways. (Takes no time.)

For those of you on the fence about WW or are like how I used to be and absolutely hated it you really need to try McKees 37 N-914. It is unbelievably good, cleans great, wipes off with no effort and leaves nothing behind. Also with the dilution ratios being strong it cost pennies to mix up a 32oz bottle of it. 1/4 oz of product in a 32oz bottle. It's amazing.

Also don't judge me with the picture. The drivers side mat isn't dirty it's just worn.

10. Likes MadMerc, DETAILROOKIE, VISITOR, SWETM, Diner and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Leather coat is EXCELLENT. Huge fan myself. Super easy to use, has solid durability, leather looks and feels good. Even had a nice scent. Also it's what 12 bucks? So it's super cheap too.

$25.00 for the 500 ML bottleWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Wetsanded and polished out the wife's headlights. 2013 Nissan Sentra. They were just starting to cloud up.

Applied 2 coats of 2K clear coat when done.

13. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Wetsanded and polished out the wife's headlights. 2013 Nissan Sentra. They were just starting to cloud up.

Applied 2 coats of 2K clear coat when done.
    Nice. Accumulating "wife points" is KEY.

Listen up all you "would-be grooms". This is important.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

15. Likes Paul A., Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed, applied Eraser and then applied the Kamikaze coating Zipang, followed by Miyabi then a final coat of Zipang. Well, almost done. Only got to apply the last coat to half the car. Weather permitting will finish up in am. Goofed up the hood, thinking will/may redo later.

17. Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At a local car show Saturday evening... guy there was selling his own detailing products.

Ended up talking to him (out of curiosity).
    Turns out he's a chemical engineer and seem pretty knowledgeable.

He ended up giving me samples of some of his products to test out.
    I'm going to give them a shot when I get a chance and see how they work... no harm since the samples were free.

Once I use them I'll let you all know how they performed
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Page 217 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 117167207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227267317717 ... LastLast