autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's funny how things happen, case in point, Derek0609 sends me a pic of his just washed, I washed mine yesterday. My wife and our daughter are visiting our nanny/friend and her family after work, so I've got some "free time". I could see the pollen on the car, even after I drove home so I did a light WW using N914, light meaning spray into The Rag Company Eagle edgeless plush mf towel, I have the orange ones and I could see faint, yellowish lines, when in the hell does this endWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Since the weather is going to suck the next couple days, I mean it's the weekend, what would you expect and since it's going to ait I decided to apply something to the car (insert Derek0609 laughing right now, along with numerous others here, LOL) The product used this time around isn't sold here, let's just call it DCP and it's a spray Sio2 sealant. I used "Brand LM" plush, edgeless mf towels to apply the product, sprayed directly into the towel, wiped in and buffed to perfection. To finish things up I applied an additional coat of 303 Tire Balm to the tires, now it goes into the garage till Monday, happy Father's Day to meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Gf is busy until real late tonight so I decided to knock out a few more things with the work van for fun.

Wiped it down with ONR,Clayed it, and hit the lower parts with tarx, then wiped it down again.

Decided to go over the whole thing with HD speed on a megs 5” yellow foam disc, and it pulled a ton of crap off the paint.

Taped off the last small section of the hood to see if I could get a good 50/50 of the color change. That’s the best I could do lol. It was a lot more obvious in person.

I buzzed around the van, wiped off, then went around with HCW diluted 7:1 wiped it down with that.

I sanded down the headlights and coated them with the megs consumer coating stuff, didn’t get a before picture as I was just enjoying the process, but I had this:

Imagine a real faded headlight, like I’m sure you’ve seen. That’s how they looked. One day I’ll scrub the trim and put something on it just for fun.

After that I was all set up to be done, but then I figured since I was chugging along I may as well at least clean my driver seat up because it was honestly not great.

Misted D101 on and agitated it with a blue non scratch scuff pad, and wiped away with a damp towel. Followed up with a dry towel to dry it off some. Came out better than I thought it would for a quick and dirty clean up.

The carpet has been humiliated so there’s not a ton I can do with that. So I really just pick away at the surfaces I actively touch, which just ends up being the door panels, dash, center console, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes minerigger, Ochnob liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Completed a refresh on my mom's DD. Wash/decon, applied Megs#7 and waited 15 hrs to soak into the single stage paint, buffed out and topped with duragloss 105/601.

Cleaned the yellow headlights with baking soda/car wash soap and buffed with HD speed then topped with DG 105/601. Not 100% but good enough for a DD.

Buffed wheels with HD speed then topped with DG 105/601.

Tires/trim topped with Perl straight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    The carpet has been humiliated so there’s not a ton I can do with that. So I really just pick away at the surfaces I actively touch, which just ends up being the door panels, dash, center console, etc.

A detailer with a humiliated floor. LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SPM View Post
    A detailer with a humiliated floor. LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Hah, to be fair the van does have 180k miles on it What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I inherited it with 173k, and before I took responsibility for it I don’t think it had ever been cleaned lol.

I’m kind of thankful the carpet is destroyed. It stops me from putting way too much effort into cleaning it

8. Likes IH8SPM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just loaded my trunk container that holds my mf towels with freshly washed ones, drying towels too. While I was down there I applied Griot's leather conditioner on the seats and shiftknob, sprayed CG's Signature scent on the mats too. Now its sitting all fresh and nowhere to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Washed the car yesterday, but did a quick wipe down with the Wolfgang waterless wash to get the pollen off. Also a quick picture with my brother’s Mustang.

2019 Subaru Impreza Hatch - Crystal Black Silica
    2019 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion - Pure White

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's funny how things happen, case in point, Derek0609 sends me a pic of his just washed, I washed mine yesterday. My wife and our daughter are visiting our nanny/friend and her family after work, so I've got some "free time". I could see the pollen on the car, even after I drove home so I did a light WW using N914, light meaning spray into The Rag Company Eagle edgeless plush mf towel, I have the orange ones and I could see faint, yellowish lines, when in the hell does this endWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Since the weather is going to suck the next couple days, I mean it's the weekend, what would you expect and since it's going to ait I decided to apply something to the car (insert Derek0609 laughing right now, along with numerous others here, LOL) The product used this time around isn't sold here, let's just call it DCP and it's a spray Sio2 sealant. I used "Brand LM" plush, edgeless mf towels to apply the product, sprayed directly into the towel, wiped in and buffed to perfection. To finish things up I applied an additional coat of 303 Tire Balm to the tires, now it goes into the garage till Monday, happy Father's Day to meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

All this free time and decent looking weather and yet, you still didn’t get the exhaust put on!?!??! Car looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

13. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    All this free time and decent looking weather and yet, you still didn’t get the exhaust put on!?!??! Car looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah that was after work and as you know Hectour works afternoons and besides, an actual shop was closed...rain today too, sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Washed my truck this morning and wiped it down with a concoction of Uber rw and Meguiars d156.

Wax underneath is collinte 845 probably done 6-12 months ago. Can't remember but it has been a while ago.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

16. Likes Maxreed241, PaulMys liked this post
Page 212 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 112162202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222262312712 ... LastLast