autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

completed a clean and prep for sale or trade offering tonight

Part of my offerings includes a Clean and Prep for Sale Package.

With this package I target vehicles that are in need of a strong exterior and/or interior clean up prior to selling or trading the vehicle where the current owner does not want to invest in a machine polish yet does want to maximize the appearance and offer a freshly cleaned/sealed vehicle. The result of all this will be a glass-like smooth feel to the paint finish and trim that accents the entire look of the vehicle. To help maintain the finish it also includes a season long sealant that will enable much easier cleanings or wipe downs if needed and exhibit a very nice water beading characteristic.

Interior wise, I will Vacuum Floor mats, carpets, seats and trunk or hatch area. Wipe down of the dashboard, center console, door surfaces, vents, cup holders, storage compartments and cleaning of all windows and mirrors.

Quick and Easy Money that I can knock out in just a few hours in the evenings when and where needed. Completed a 2013 Chevy Volt tonight. Should have taken before pics but did not. Owner is leaving the car with me through Friday when the day should be perfect thus making for great pics which are part of my package since I also run a photography studio....although one would not know it based on my pics here since I am usually in a hurry and use mostly my Samsung phone for AutoGeek Related pics. Lastly, I also print off a customized $100 voucher for the seller to provide to the NEW owner good towards one of my three correction packages if brought to me within 30 days of the sale. Makes sense as the vehicle is all set for me to begin polishing on since all the prep is done

Here she is after four hours of work. Finishing touches go on Friday before pics. This one is actually a really nice car. Never looked into Volts before but it has leather, navi, all the toys and the color is Silver Topaz Metallic [Silver] which has a greenish hue to it. 67k on the clock of a 6yr old car that has but a few minor cosmetic issues is a pretty strong deal. Not going to lie.....I'm personally interested in this one.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The volt can make for an affordable work vehicle and if you can get it cheap it makes for great a conversation starter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Did a traditional soap/shampoo and water wash today for the first time in I don't know, has to be over a year. Reminded me of why I haven't done one in so long. Used Carpro Reset for the first time also. It's as good as everyone has said. Very slick, cleaned great and rinsed really cleanly and easily.

Also almost forgot to add. Used the Worx Hydroshit for the first time in this capacity. Did a pretty good job of rinsing the soap off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally preped the summer wheels done today. Just 1 more layer of the tire coating I use. It was applyied I think in around this time last year. With a deep cleaning of the tires with a rubber cleaner and 1 layer of it. Then just a thorough cleaning in late september and 1 layer. Switched to the winter wheels in the late november and stored. When I decon washed the wheels some days ago I noticed that some of the protection from the tire coating was still left. And when sprayed on the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner it was trying to fight it off. With the aggitations with the Tuf Shine Tire Brush it was done after the first cleaning round. But I'm pretty impressed with the durability of this tire coating and mostly the matte and new tire look it gives me.

This time I have been more thorough with the Tuf Shine prep 3 times to get mostly a white foam from the tires. Then 2 layers of the tire coating and a little more sheen to it but still not glossy. I like the most natuaral look from the tires. Don't actually use tire dressing or tire coatings before. As a well cleaned tire I think looks good. But this tire coating is just perfect for me looks wise.

Noticed something when I was PW the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner off. Whent to the other tire and back to the first. And it still looked like residue off the TS Tire Cleaner was coming off. Believe me I rinsed a lot and did 2 tires at the same time. And when I had rinsed one and came back to the other. It still was that little foam that rinsed off. I also have a high water pressure from the PW 2300psi is it from the nozzle and 2.6gpm. I did maybe go back and forth between the tires about 10 times at least. And every time I just came back it was like a car soap that was rinsed off. In that you clearly saw that it was some residue that came off. Even did the forbidden but lowered the water pressure from the PW very much and switched to the turbo nozzle. And still this foam up in the beginning of the rinse. So stopped without being really satisfied with it. And did a panel prep wipe down on the tires just for haveing it around me.
    Have anyone experienced that you have a lot of residue behind the Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner? Or is it something that can come out of the tire that foams up a little?

Post Thanks / Like

The car needed a legit wash as it rained here recently, big surpriseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started off with P&S Brake Buster in the 1.5 IK on the rims and 1 tire, I ran out of Super Clean aerosol, LOL. I pre-treated the wells with Alien Kleen and scrubbed the rims with the Speed Master and Mother's wheel brush for the tires, rinsed with the Worx hydroshot, that big, new battery is awesome!

For the wash I used up the remainder of the WGU RW I had in the bucket, towels soaking and I added 2 to give me 5 for the wash. I'm really glad I used this because I forgot how awesome it REALLY is, plus the extra boost in Shine, a win winWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Dried the entire car with a Sucker Jr. I finished up with a single coat of 303 Tire Balm, probably going to add another coat when I get to work tomorrow.

Now if we could just get a dry weekend with nothing going on so my buddy Hectour can hang my JUN BL exhaust on my car for phase I of the performance upgradesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Bed time...GOOD NIGHT NOWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The car needed a legit wash as it rained here recently, big surpriseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started off with P&S Brake Buster in the 1.5 IK on the rims and 1 tire, I ran out of Super Clean aerosol, LOL. I pre-treated the wells with Alien Kleen and scrubbed the rims with the Speed Master and Mother's wheel brush for the tires, rinsed with the Worx hydroshot, that big, new battery is awesome!

For the wash I used up the remainder of the WGU RW I had in the bucket, towels soaking and I added 2 to give me 5 for the wash. I'm really glad I used this because I forgot how awesome it REALLY is, plus the extra boost in Shine, a win winWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Dried the entire car with a Sucker Jr. I finished up with a single coat of 303 Tire Balm, probably going to add another coat when I get to work tomorrow.

Now if we could just get a dry weekend with nothing going on so my buddy Hectour can hang my JUN BL exhaust on my car for phase I of the performance upgradesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Bed time...GOOD NIGHT NOWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

How do you like brake buster? I got an ik 1.5 foamer recently and I’ve been using power clean in it at 10:1 and it’s really neat.

I saw somewhere that brake buster has some rust inhibiting chemical in it so that your rotors don’t get gross after the wash so I was kind of curious if you like it. Do you use it to scrub tires too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    How do you like brake buster? I got an ik 1.5 foamer recently and I’ve been using power clean in it at 10:1 and it’s really neat.

I saw somewhere that brake buster has some rust inhibiting chemical in it so that your rotors don’t get gross after the wash so I was kind of curious if you like it. Do you use it to scrub tires too?

I LOVE IT!

I've used it 2 ways, straight out of the sprayer provided and in the IK 1.5. When sprayed out of bottle provided it sticks very well, thus giving you dwell time and cleans great! Using it in the IK 1.5 @5:1 is incredible, clinging action is even better due to the foam, even on my wheels that are coated with Sonax rim shield and various spray on, hose off toppers. That said, it does start to run off quicker but still a fair enough amount of dwell time.

As far as the rust inhibitors it WORKS! Does it keep them rust free, no but the amount of rust on your rotors is noticeably reduced, combine all of the above and its price, it's a no brainer and should be your go to wheel cleaner. I plan on trying other ratios, can't hurt right, its inexpensive and should be considered for AutoGeek Product of the Year, if such an award existed but there's another product from that company that might have something to say about POTY!

10. Thanks Finick thanked for this post
    Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE IT!

I've used it 2 ways, straight out of the sprayer provided and in the IK 1.5. When sprayed out of bottle provided it sticks very well, thus giving you dwell time and cleans great! Using it in the IK 1.5 @5:1 is incredible, clinging action is even better due to the foam, even on my wheels that are coated with Sonax rim shield and various spray on, hose off toppers. That said, it does start to run off quicker but still a fair enough amount of dwell time.

As far as the rust inhibitors it WORKS! Does it keep them rust free, no but the amount of rust on your rotors is noticeably reduced, combine all of the above and its price, it's a no brainer and should be your go to wheel cleaner. I plan on trying other ratios, can't hurt right, its inexpensive and should be considered for AutoGeek Product of the Year, if such an award existed but there's another product from that company that might have something to say about POTY!

I’ll probably give that stuff a try when I thin down some of the other cleaners I’ve been going through. Gallons sure do take up a lot of space.

If you use it to give your tires a quick scrub, how does it compare to something like 303 rubber cleaner in that area? My tires sure look better after using that stuff exclusively on them for handful of scrub downs now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I’ll probably give that stuff a try when I thin down some of the other cleaners I’ve been going through. Gallons sure do take up a lot of space.

If you use it to give your tires a quick scrub, how does it compare to something like 303 rubber cleaner in that area? My tires sure look better after using that stuff exclusively on them for handful of scrub downs now.

Well, I too have been using 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and really like it, alot and it's a coin flip if I'm honest. The nice thing with using Brake Buster is this, your already spraying it on the rims, so since your right there it's so simple to just adjust your wrist a bit and hit the tires, even better when foaming because the dwell time due to the foaming action is long, thus breaking down the grime! I can't say enough about P&S Brake Buster What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

13. Thanks Finick thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I too have been using 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and really like it, alot and it's a coin flip if I'm honest. The nice thing with using Brake Buster is this, your already spraying it on the rims, so since your right there it's so simple to just adjust your wrist a bit and hit the tires, even better when foaming because the dwell time due to the foaming action is long, thus breaking down the grime! I can't say enough about P&S Brake Buster What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I’ll report back when I inevitably buy a bottle. I used to use d143 for a 2in1 but I felt like it was kind of harsh and left my tires looking not the best.

Now that I’m juiced up with a pressure washer I find I don’t have to agitate my wheels really, so I’m kind of looking for something I can just either spray or foam on to the whole situation, scrub my tires real quick, and pressure rinse everything and move on. Just to simplify my life a baby bit.

Less rust on my rotors would be a nice bonus, for sure. Not like I have a performance car or anything, but it is disappointing to wash them up real clean and then drive away later and know all that gunk is comin right off on to them What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 211 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 111161201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221261311711 ... LastLast