autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Washed up my car and the Jeep since I have some travels coming up and the weather for a couple days is supposed to be spectacular.

I also booked a couple more details. Chevy Volt, a Supercharged Calloway Sierra, a Mustang Convertible, new Tesla Model 3, a Volvo XC90, a Camry and then another Mustang. Keeping busy on the weekends and in the evenings over the next several weeks to help pay for our upcoming vacation.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

So on the way to that C&C yesterday where I took all the pics it had rained ahead of my arrival and the roads were "almost" dry but ofcoarse, enough to kick up a little onto the car and ofcoarse the wheelwells, so i had to get after it. I had some WGU RW left over from the RW last week, so I added some more mix to the pail, along with enough water to bring it up to 3.5 gallons, dropped in enough towels to have about 8 in there and got to it. I ended up using 5 towels and the Sucker Jr to dry the car, Griot's Garage waffle weave towel to dry the glass and jams.

Since I got my P&S Brake Buster gallon today from AG (THANK YOU!) I made up a 1/2 gallon of it @5:1 and topped off my IK 1.5L foamer with it, it's now OFFICIALLY my go to for maintenance cleanings and I can't say this enough....GET SOMEWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The price alone makes it a "no brainer", combined with the results AND the rust inhibitor infused with it, well, you kinda HAVE TO buy itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Treated the jams and tires w/Super Clean @1:1 to knock them out and once everything was dried I applied a single coat of Gyeon Tire, just love this stuffWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now it's time for bed, supposed to be even nicer tomorrow, so the ES is factory fresh, the princess will have NO complaints:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man that Jeep!!

It doesn't even look real it looks so good.
    I would wager people think it has been repainted with some outworldly paint.

5. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Man that Jeep!!

It doesn't even look real it looks so good.
    I would wager people think it has been repainted with some outworldly paint.
    Thank you sir. She is purdy... It's with Mixed emotions I may put her on Bring a Trailer. She deserves a Jeep's life not a suburban 16yr olds. I want him to have it but the odds of her making it skuff free in the first couple years of his driving....meh.....I don't want to think about that. Then I go back to all that being said, a true Jeeper should have her. We'll see. I am trying to keep from keeping it for myself

I'm a pic whor3:

Reflection after her bath tonight:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Even though I washed my wife's daily driver two days ago with McKees 37 SiO2 Auto Wash I noticed it's pretty dusty already today.

Attachment 66886

I had on hand a non-AG brand waterless wash and.... don't laugh... Jay Leno's Quick Detailer so I did the liftgate 50/50 with each. Terrible conditions for doing this today but I'm channeling my inner minerigger.

To my surprise, the Jay Leno Quick Detailer is actually kind of awesome. It gobbled up the dust arguably better than the Waterless Wash and dealt with the full sun / hot paint better than the WW. It left a layer of slickness that I like; the WW isn't supposed to do that anyway. I don't see this QD in the AG store right but there are other Jay Leno products so I assume this post is allowed. I would totally use this as a drying agent if I was out of Bead Maker or I needed an actual QD which Bead Maker isn't.

Attachment 66887
    Isn’t it a nice surprise when you use a Quik Detailer for its intended purpose and find out it actually works pretty amazing at doing its job?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

There seems to be widespread misinformation these days about using a Quik Detailer in between washes for wiping dust off the paint and it being something that’s not recommended...

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Thank you sir. She is purdy... It's with Mixed emotions I may put her on Bring a Trailer. She deserves a Jeep's life not a suburban 16yr olds. I want him to have it but the odds of her making it skuff free in the first couple years of his driving....meh.....I don't want to think about that. Then I go back to all that being said, a true Jeeper should have her. We'll see. I am trying to keep from keeping it for myself

I'm a pic whor3:

What’s “Bring a trailer”? Are you trying to say you’re thinking about selling it? To who? A “true Jeeper”? So he can abuse it like a real Jeep and have it caked in mud the same day you sell it to him? That would be a shame.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I say Let your son keep it and don’t worry about it... You restored it back to glory and saved alot of money vs. buying some kind of newer run of the mill boring car for him to drive around in. Even if he does make a few scuffs on it, it sure beats scuffing up a newer car that comes with its own monthly car note to have to pay.

...Whatever you do don’t sell it to a “true Jeeper”. He’ll have that thing trashed in no time!

@SWEETM. Thanks for sharing the results of your experiment.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes SWETM, MattPersman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From someone who works in the Jeep industry, I can tell you I FULLY appreciate your beautiful Cherokee. No need to feel like you don't deserve it or it's not living up to it's potential.
    I can appreciate all types of Jeeps... from Willys to trail rigs to the new JLs and Gladiators.
    And who doesn't appreciate a well-kept vehicle???????

So keep it and enjoy!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

11. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Likes TTQ B4U, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    From someone who works in the Jeep industry, I can tell you I FULLY appreciate your beautiful Cherokee. No need to feel like you don't deserve it or it's not living up to it's potential.
    I can appreciate all types of Jeeps... from Willys to trail rigs to the new JLs and Gladiators.
    And who doesn't appreciate a well-kept vehicle???????

So keep it and enjoy!
    I agree!

I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler with a 12000 lb. Wench, 6 inch lift on 35 inch tires, body armor, and a LS6.0 with 650hp and I use it to go to breweries topless and have fun with the kids. lol

Not all jeeps have to be abused, some can be pampered!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

15. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

@SWEETM. Thanks for sharing the results of your experiment.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    And thank you for mentioned the Armor All Shield for wheels! Will be intresting to see how it does on the inner barrels. It was easy to apply spray on and walk away is nice. It will not be a durability test as it will be maintained down the road with a spray on rinse off product. Maybe if it seems to be holding up well I just apply another coat of the PA Supersport Wheel Coating on the wheel faces and if I have enough of it left LOL.

Fun to be doing some testing when possible. Is a little low on nitrile gloves so could not be doing pictures when I controlled how much of difference there where with a control application. But the Max Effect did slightly better at desolving more embedded iron particals than the Plus. Would have been great if I also had a wheel that was in better condition LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a pic whor3:

KEEP IT!!! PLEASE! If my dad gave me that vehicle (let alone ANY vehicle), I would be ecstatic.

Funny thing...when raising my 2 kids, my wife had a 92 Wrangler, with the straight 6, 5 speed. Beast of an engine, indestructible (except for the fact that my wife didn't know, prior to marrying me, that you had to clear out the front drain tubes from debris, or else the water would puddle on the floor boards).

Guess what car my daughter, who's now in 4th year of college, want to get?...A 2 door Jeep!

Of course, I told her that only when she learns to drive a stick can she get some help buying one .

Eric

18. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
Page 208 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 108158198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218258308708 ... LastLast