autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

@PaulMys. Never mind that question. We’re way off topic my friend. Lets get back to detailng related stuff.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Oh, gotchaWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I used to be like that but then I found the Worx hydroshot and it opened me back up to the world of traditional, 2BM washes, now I can do what I need to and/or feel like doingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah I just prefer the ease of RW. I'll use my Worx to pre rinse when necessary but I haven't done a "traditional wash" in I don't know how long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Oh to be young and drop the suspension. Turning 50 this year.. I raise the seat to get in and out...

I find it funny that all the midlife crisis cars like Audi R8, Corvettes, etc, Are also low to the ground, but who the heck can get in and out of them when you’re 55 to 65 years old…

One of my regular customers has an Audi R8, I despise getting in and out of it… or should I say I love getting in and out of it, but my cervical and lumbar spine do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Turning 43 tomorrow. I can get what your saying. Not so easy to hope in and out off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Lol yep believe it or not I've never tried. It'll probably be delegated to drying aid duties but I will try it at least once or twice as a RW and WW.

I mixed it 3oz to 3oz to shine supply Clutch in a 32oz bottle and use it as a drying aid. Also an amazing Waterless wash at that ratio. Try it with your favorite sio2 sealant. Want some more info or suggestions look up “Merlin’s elixir”

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday started off with my typical Saturday lawn mowing followed by finally washing up my wife's ride which has been 3 weeks neglected. GYEON's Syncro has been going strong on there for now 13 months and just stated to fail a bit on the rear hatch area. IMO it's likely just the bits of contaminants it needs removed. Overall though, you can still tell the coating is going strong nearly everwhere else. Sheets overall about 75% of what it did last year when new and I'm still VERY pleased with the kit. I'll likely re-do it Syncro again in late June or July.

The Q2 TRIM however still looks and performs like Day 1 and that's awesome considering the location and beating the trim here takes. That's been on since last June. Look at it in these pics as nothing has been done to it except a wash. Kudo's to GYEON for such a great long lasting trim product.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Yeah I just prefer the ease of RW. I'll use my Worx to pre rinse when necessary but I haven't done a "traditional wash" in I don't know how long.

So you use the Worx hydroshot for pre-treating, do you spray down the entire car and then do one panel at a time with your soaking towelsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'm kinda thinking you don't because I'd think the product would dry out by the time you got around to the other side of the car, or maybe you just spray moreWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Yesterday started off with my typical Saturday lawn mowing followed by finally washing up my wife's ride which has been 3 weeks neglected. GYEON's Syncro has been going strong on there for now 13 months and just stated to fail a bit on the rear hatch area. IMO it's likely just the bits of contaminants it needs removed. Overall though, you can still tell the coating is going strong nearly everwhere else. Sheets overall about 75% of what it did last year when new and I'm still VERY pleased with the kit. I'll likely re-do it Syncro again in late June or July.

The Q2 TRIM however still looks and performs like Day 1 and that's awesome considering the location and beating the trim here takes. That's been on since last June. Look at it in these pics as nothing has been done to it except a wash. Kudo's to GYEON for such a great long lasting trim product.

Love that color. Red is my overall fav.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Thanks TTQ B4U thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After two weeks of washing the wife’s Beast and not my SS I got everything ready for a good cleaning: power washer, big hose, buckets, MF wash pads & chemicals. I pulled the SS out in the driveway, hooked up the hose and pressure washer...d*****! It’s raining! Unplug power washer, turn off the spigot, back the SS into the garage and settle in for a rinseless wash. I started by foaming the wheels and tires with Griot’s Surface Prep Wash. Tires got scrubbed and wheels wiped down with assorted brushes and an old MF wash mitt then rinsed.

While doing the right rear wheel I also hit the gashole with foam, grabbed the paint boar’s hair brush and gave it a thorough going over followed by a rinse.

The SS then got rinseless washed using many MF towels in the bucket. Each panel got a quick rinse/presoak using ONR.

Unless the family has plans for me I intend to wash, clay, light polish and coat the SS this coming Friday night, Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

12. Likes Klasse Act, Maxreed241, TTQ B4U, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Paul and the FNW...and "then some"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

The best time to wash is when it's raining. Then put in the garage to dry it.

Page 192 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 921421821831841851861871881891901911921931941951961971981992002012022422926921192 ... LastLast