autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Nissan sucks, not a fan of their product line and certain not their CVT, the one in our new Eclipse Cross is pretty impressive if I'm honest. I will say that the new Altima is a good lookin' car, renders the Maxima useless other than it comes with a V6, same size car and I predict the Maxima ends up "sleeping with the fishes".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I agree! Nissan used to be fun today and nice to look at, but they have gone down the drain recently. They have funky designs and that CVT is horrendous. I used to drive nothing but Nissans but that stopped after that lease. I loved my 2003 Sentra Spec-V, the last nice Sentra they made. The new ones are grotesque.

But my mom has a Rogue and loves it! She will not drive anything else, no matter how much my dad and I try to convince her. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nice.

But, working for a dealer, I can tell you that they don't give a rats a$$ about lease returns.

Yours will be more desirable as an auction vehicle though.
    I guess it varies per vehicle too. My wife’s previous Honda Fit was well cared for and when we stopped at the dealer, 3 months before end of lease, just to see if she wanted something else next, they saw the car and offered to buy it for the price Honda would sell the car outright to us. Obviously they figured we’d also get another car that day but that was nice since we didn’t have to worry about the $600 end of lease fee if we just turned it in later and the condition the car was in was fine for them. A lease inspection could complain about curbed wheels which my wife is pretty good at.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Nissan sucks, not a fan of their product line and certain not their CVT, the one in our new Eclipse Cross is pretty impressive if I'm honest. I will say that the new Altima is a good lookin' car, renders the Maxima useless other than it comes with a V6, same size car and I predict the Maxima ends up "sleeping with the fishes".

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    I agree! Nissan used to be fun today and nice to look at, but they have gone down the drain recently. They have funky designs and that CVT is horrendous. I used to drive nothing but Nissans but that stopped after that lease. I loved my 2003 Sentra Spec-V, the last nice Sentra they made. The new ones are grotesque.

But my mom has a Rogue and loves it! She will not drive anything else, no matter how much my dad and I try to convince her. Lol

We got a Nissan DeathTrap a few years ago as a loaner. We immediately returned it and told Enterprise it wouldn’t shift out of first. Turns out it had one of those ****** CVT. Noisy, slow, sounding like it was slipping, couldn’t wait to get back into her TBSS at that time.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

The ophthalmologist my wife works for retired at the end of last month. I inherited a giant RubberMaid storage cabinet which is now in my basement. All of my products that were on shelves are now safely ensconced in said cabinet. Shelf unit will go on the curb Thursday night for the junkman. She’s also bringing home his file cabinets which will go in the garage and replace the DIY shelves I put up 19 years ago. They’re 36” wide, 18” deep and 78” tall. Before installing them I will ONR them and apply a paint Sealant to them. The best part is the price: free for the hauling!
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

5. Likes Diner, SWETM, joleyred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my new Cox Reel and hose mounted today for my Master Blaster.

2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

7. Likes ClearVue18, fly07sti, jmnral, Diner, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-coated the Q50 Today

Decided to get started on re-coating my Red Sport with Cquartz UK 3.0 and Gliss v2. Love my GYEON Pure / Skin but it's time I have one of each to show customers and my wife's will be re-done later this Spring to keep the shine/polish looking 100% and I'll maintain the Syncro on her. It's been 13 months and her car still beads like freshly done.

So far I will say Gliss v2 is definitely slicker than v1 and that one was great. Hopefully the hydrophobic property will be up there with Skin as that's the one thing I REALLY enjoy about GYEON's Skin product. Stay tuned for a further comparison.

Anyway, all I did today was a light polish with Essence using the Rupes Mille and yellow pads. Followed up the polish with a single layer of UK 3.0 allowing 4hrs to cure then a single layer of Gliss v2 after. Only the Drivers rear door and quarter needed any real polishing as the kids tend to scuff those panels up with book bags, etc. as they get in the back of moms car or as they walk by. Life happens.....but it's a breeze to correct. Cool thing is self healing clear and a hair dryer got 98% of the marks out.

It's not solid black like my Audi was but it shines good and the flake in the paint....well my cell phone doesn't do it justice. next time I'll have to use a real camera.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    Finally got my new Cox Reel and hose mounted today for my Master Blaster.

Now that's how it's done sir.

10. Thanks lane5515 thanked for this post
    Likes joleyred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did do a dang thing. Wanted to and then said hell with it. They are dirty and still run great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Klasse Act, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After that freak snow storm yesterday I thought the roads would've been a little messy this morning but not really, some spots though, like thawing and some areas in our parking lot, so I jumped into action tonight. I started with Alien Kleen on the tires, wheels and wells, let it dwell just rinsed it down and left them wet to dry later, onto the wash. For the wash I had a mix of Ech2o and N914, worked great! I have this in my BlackFire hand pump sprayer and it works so well, really like using it! I used the Jack towels for the WW and a Griot's Garage PFM to finish up any leftover. Now it's time for bed...ZzzzzzWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Project update on my Chevy truck prep and coating. Finished paint correction today, I used a combination of my 3401 with white thin pads for the majority of the work. I used my MarkII with yellow pads for part of it and my PE8 with a 3" microfiber pad for small areas. I tend to reach for the 3401 most often just because it seems like I'm always moving forward and seems like I'm getting more work done. For the first time, I have been using Carpro reflect. I really like the results I'm getting, works really well. Easy wipe off too. White is really tricky, I found if I turn off the over head lights which are fluorescent, I can use my LED floodlight and see pretty well. I'm wondering how much better a Scangrip light would be since I don't own one. I'm putting the coating on tomorrow and I will follow up with pictures. Someone give me their thoughts on the swirl finder lights.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

15. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
Page 148 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 48981381391401411421431441451461471481491501511521531541551561571581982486481148 ... LastLast