autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 67 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576771171675671067 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Dropped off my daughter at 4:50am volunteer at a local 1/2 marathon. I drank a large coffee; so in the darkness of my driveway i applied some spray n wipe by PoorBoys to the Tuxedo Black F150. It might rain today, but ‘Black Betty’ is shiny!

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Phase II....

So today it was time for my usual wash, MUCH needed! The pre-wash mix was AutoBrite Magifoam, 2 ounces, in my IK Foam 9. I had 1.3 gallons and used it all, not messing around here today! I let it dwell for about 10 minutes and it stuck around too, about 37 down in the garage this mid-morning. I then rinsed it off real good and made an observation. What I noticed was the 2x's Brillant Maker I laid down 2 weeks ago was holding up great, I may have found a winner here! The beads were very tight, so now it was time for the 2BM. I measured out 1.5 ounces of Gyeon Bathe and then squirted another. 5 ounce of Bathe Essence for good measure, foamed up great. The wash mit just glides across the surface here, a pleasure to use and now the car was clean, I mean REALLY clean! At this point i could've stopped and dried the car and been good...yeah right! I then reached for my other IK 1.5 foamer which is filled with Griot's Garage Poly Gloss and emptied the bottle on the car! I let that sit for 10 minutes, had to go upstairs for more water and when I came back down stairs all I could smell were strawberries, love that stuff. Upon rinsing off the Poly Gloss the beads were even more incredible, now I'm over the moon! I dried the car with the dpc Sucker drying towel and just looked at the car, it had been 2 weeks and a day since I washed it, an eternity in my book.

I'm not going to dress the tires because it's supposed to rain on Monday so why bother and besides, looks like the new Gyeon Tire Express is holding up great, check out the pics here from a little over 2 weeks ago when I dressed them, the before i cleaned the tires pic and after pics, GREAT product but then again its Gyeon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Phase II....

So today it was time for my usual wash, MUCH needed! The pre-wash mix was AutoBrite Magifoam, 2 ounces, in my IK Foam 9. I had 1.3 gallons and used it all, not messing around here today! I let it dwell for about 10 minutes and it stuck around too, about 37 down in the garage this mid-morning. I then rinsed it off real good and made an observation. What I noticed was the 2x's Brillant Maker I laid down 2 weeks ago was holding up great, I may have found a winner here! The beads were very tight, so now it was time for the 2BM. I measured out 1.5 ounces of Gyeon Bathe and then squirted another. 5 ounce of Bathe Essence for good measure, foamed up great. The wash mit just glides across the surface here, a pleasure to use and now the car was clean, I mean REALLY clean! At this point i could've stopped and dried the car and been good...yeah right! I then reached for my other IK 1.5 foamer which is filled with Griot's Garage Poly Gloss and emptied the bottle on the car! I let that sit for 10 minutes, had to go upstairs for more water and when I came back down stairs all I could smell were strawberries, love that stuff. Upon rinsing off the Poly Gloss the beads were even more incredible, now I'm over the moon! I dried the car with the dpc Sucker drying towel and just looked at the car, it had been 2 weeks and a day since I washed it, an eternity in my book.

I'm not going to dress the tires because it's supposed to rain on Monday so why bother and besides, looks like the new Gyeon Tire Express is holding up great, check out the pics here from a little over 2 weeks ago when I dressed them, the before i cleaned the tires pic and after pics, GREAT product but then again its Gyeon!

I can concur on the wheel cleaning foam. Used it today for the first time, I used the 5:1 ratio and it cleaned the wheels spotless with very minimal agitation in the barrels. Finished off with a rinseless wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

5. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    I can concur on the wheel cleaning foam. Used it today for the first time, I used the 5:1 ratio and it cleaned the wheels spotless with very minimal agitation in the barrels. Finished off with a rinseless wash.

You mean't 5 ounces removed from a gallon of distilled and topped off with 5 oz of Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You mean't 5 ounces removed from a gallon of distilled and topped off with 5 oz of Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner, rightWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5 ounces to 1 gallon, why would I remove water to add the solution?

2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    5 ounces to 1 gallon

Yes, that's a 5:1 ratio too, LOL. Most ratios are ounces to ounces, you know what I mean. I'm glad you came around on the wheel cleaner too. I'm going to try 3 ounces to 1 gallon and see if I can thin it down that far for my maintenance usage. I know he puts 5 oz for that but for people like us it might still work, especially since our wheels are always coated with "something".

10. Likes derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My parents came from Virginia to visit and I could not have a car that dirty in my garage, so I washed it for her. Lol

I foamed it up with CG citrus wash followed by a 2bm with the same soap. I finished it up with Fk1000p to last my mom the rest of the winter. I know I will get yelled at for this, but I thought to myself what would make it better, and I added beadmaker on top of it! Hahaha I know sealant then wax, but it was an afterthought and still made the paint really slick. Let's see what happens when they go back tomorrow and drive on the salt covered Va roads.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

12. Likes SWETM, Breese147, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    My parents came from Virginia to visit and I could not have a car that dirty in my garage, so I washed it for her. Lol

I foamed it up with CG citrus wash followed by a 2bm with the same soap. I finished it up with Fk1000p to last my mom the rest of the winter. I know I will get yelled at for this, but I thought to myself what would make it better, and I added beadmaker on top of it! Hahaha I know sealant then wax, but it was an afterthought and still made the paint really slick. Let's see what happens when they go back tomorrow and drive on the salt covered Va roads.

2 pics didn't load the first time, sorry.

14. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CG's Citus wash is going to be used as my next pre-wash soap, got it after watching DPC review it, he actually said nothing during the video, title said SPEECHLESSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CG's Citus wash is going to be used as my next pre-wash soap, got it after watching DPC review it, he actually said nothing during the video, title said SPEECHLESSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It did a great job, it is my go to soap for really dirty cars. You wont be disappointed!

Page 67 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 175758596061626364656667686970717273747576771171675671067 ... LastLast