autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 59 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768691091595591059 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Were you able to try the Sonax Spray and Seal yet? I bought a bottle a couple of months ago but have not been able to use it due to the temperature.
    I literally just got it and I too am waiting on warmer temps to try it out, only 45 down in the garage right now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

"What did Skilling say"....don't care Tom, car was dirty all week and it's in for the weekend so you know what time it is...FNW!

So couple new products to try out tonight, first up is the Auto Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner. This batch is made up removing 6 ounces of distilled water and adding 6 ounces of the wheel cleaner, I went an ounce over to make maintenance ratio cleaner. I was told you could spray it on dry instead of rinsing the wheel down and I did, just makes more sense because it's going to cling and get after it right away. Here's the process from start, foamed, rinsed and dressed. Speaking of dressed, I used the BRAND NEW Gyeon Tire Express, great product initially!

This is stage I of the FNW tonight!

3. Likes panthershark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...onto Stsge II

For pre-wash I used 3 ounces of P&S Pearl in my IK Foam 9 with warm water. As you can clearly see it is possible to get great foam out of this hand pumped machine! This product is in the shadow of Beadmaker but Pearl is becoming one of my favorite soaps for pre-wash. After letting that dwell I rinsed it away and then did the 2BM and for that I used the remaining amount of my TAC system Mystic Bubble. This soap is geared for coated cars, it's an amazing soap if I'm honest here, thick product, foaming bubbles and great lubricity!! Once I rinsed that down and dried it off I tried a new mix, well, new to me. I took 2 oz of Beadmaker and 2 oz of Sonax BSD, mixed it together, shook the bottle and laid it down. Now I have to say this, it wiped in VERY easily using my 16 x 16 Griot's Garage PFM and I was very happy with the results! The pic here is of the car prior to applying this "experiment", anyone have a name for this, be famous and name it, if I like it I'll call that...unless I come up with something while I'm sleeping tonight.

I'll take a pic tomorrow after this combo cures but I have to say this right here, right now...BSD is no quick detailer, its thicker and is supposed to have crazy beading, so I added a product with crazy gloss to it at a 1:1 ratio, enjoy the pics...time for bed, Premier League comes on earlyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes panthershark, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^ roger, please leave your car without the stripes (or logos, etc.) or anything else that would distract from the clean look that it has now (like the wheels too) . let us know how your BeadShine concoction holds up as well..

7. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    ^ roger, please leave your car without the stripes (or logos, etc.) or anything else that would distract from the clean look that it has now (like the wheels too) . let us know how your BeadShine concoction holds up as well..
    Thanks Visitor, your in the majority on NO stripes for sure! I like your name for the concoction, just brain storming here...Brillant Bead, everything is in playWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thanks Visitor, your in the majority on NO stripes for sure! I like your name for the concoction, just brain storming here...Brillant Bead, everything is in playWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm going to go with... ShineMaker!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Today I worked on my brothers interior plastic trim only. Please ignore the rest of the interior in the photos.

The plastic trim is riddled with deep scratches and gauges from carrying tools and materials.

Went over all interior trim with diluted APC and a brush followed by PERL at 1:5. Not the best looking finish, but the best that I could do with the time allowance. If I had a heat gun handy I would have considered heating the plastic to get rid of some of the more shallow scratches.

How would you have handled this? Any tips would be appreciated.

Atrached before and after shots.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Autogeekonline mobile app

12. Likes SWETM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washed wifes with Ech2o. Then topped with a variation of Merlin’s Elixir. 2oz ech2o, 2oz reload, 2oz hydro2. 26oz of water for an even 32oz. Both worked awesome and it is super shiney. Then hit the tires with McKees sio2 tire shine and their applicator. Did well and lasted 2 weeks easy even through a snow storm. I’m impressed. Attachment 65679Attachment 65680Attachment 65681Attachment 65682Attachment 65683Attachment 65684Attachment 65678

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a quick ONR wash on my daily driver Altima. Used Meguiar's UQW as a drying aid for the first time....will not be the last time. Very impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

16. Likes Maxreed241, Misterpaul, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

28 degrees and snowing outside but 45 degrees and dry inside the garage. The Buick needed a rinseless wash with Wolfgang Uber then a spray wax with Wolfgang Fuzion. Bad weather is predicted for the next two days so the Wolfgang Fuzion will have to be the sacrificial layer.

The paint correction session from May of 2018 is still holding up well.

The tire coating from three weeks ago is also holding up well.

18. Likes Maxreed241, Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
Page 59 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768691091595591059 ... LastLast