autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 32 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142821325321032 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I had to take the car to Discount Tire to get some metal out of my tire and since we had all that fog this morning the roads were damp, then the thawing and a trip to the other side of town, so a wash is coming tomorrow, no doubt about it.

I'm going with AMMO NYC Frothe+ w/ winter booster, the only foaming WW I know of, also just got this winter booster to try in their aerator as well. I'm going to clean the tires, wells and wheels with the leftover AutoBrite in my IK Foam 9 as well...is it tomorrow yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What does boost do? I’m sure theres a video somewhere that talks about it, is it just a stronger soap or does it have something to neutralize/remove the garbage they put on the roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    What does boost do? I’m sure theres a video somewhere that talks about it, is it just a stronger soap or does it have something to neutralize/remove the garbage they put on the roads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's an additive to give the soap more cleaning strength, love Frothe+ so I'm expecting an even greater wash!!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The P&S Pearl auto shampoo looks very interesting to me. For the price you have nothing to lose, add in the sale price and it's an easy decision. Now I've heard the foam coming from a foam gun was a little runny and that may be ok because I'm using it as a pre-wash in my IK Foam 9 and I've researched it a bit more and I can go anywhere from 4-8 ounces in the IK Foam 9 using this product, I'm going to start with 6 ounces and go from there. I'm also going to try it in the 2BM as well, why not!
    I’m not surprised to hear the foam from the Renny Doyle Black Pearl shampoo is a bit runny considering it’s the only car shampoo I’ve ever heard of that can also be used as a rinseless wash. [did you know that before you bought it]?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m not surprised to hear the foam from the Renny Doyle Black Pearl shampoo is a bit runny considering it’s the only car shampoo I’ve ever heard of that can also be used as a rinseless wash. [did you know that before you bought it]?
    I did not, where did you hear/read this? I'm going to be using it this late morning so I'll come back and report my findings.

Btw have you bought a bottle of Beadmaker yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I did not, where did you hear/read this? I'm going to be using it this late morning so I'll come back and report my findings.

Btw have you bought a bottle of Beadmaker yet?

Right here bud.

YouTube

I thought about ordering a small bottle of Bead Maker during the sale, but never got around to placing an order.

Post Thanks / Like

Not being in the field I'm not sure what specifically makes a product a RW or WW but I'm not using this product like THAT! The only non-traditional WW product I use is AMMO NYC Frothe and I call it non-traditional because it's to be used in an aerator and it foams, safely lifting dirt to the top to be wiped away. I have 100% faith in this product and I've used an entire bottle already, just got my 2nd bottle, along with winter booster, gives the cleaning ability a "kick".

IMO a traditional carwash soap can't be used a no-rinse...safely. I'll be posting back here today about my experience with Pearl carwash soap, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

IMO a traditional carwash soap can't be used a no-rinse...
    I think Renny Doyle knows what he’s doing and wouldn’t recommend using a product with his name on if it couldn’t do what he said...

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I think Renny Doyle knows what he’s doing and wouldn’t recommend using a product with his name on if it couldn’t do what he said...
    True, maybe it's on the bottle somewhere, I'll check it out later when I use itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

So I just used AMMO NYC Frothe w/ winter booster added. IMO it seems to sud up a bit more, car came out CLEAN, that clean you can see! The thing with a foaming waterless wash is this....CUSHION! When this product is applied it clings initially and then runs down a bit (this will vary based on your LSP) and then, when you go to clean the panel/section, its raised up while swiping, thus giving you the piece of mind that your NOT going to hurt the finish. I really bought this for my road trips so I don't have to bring as many buckets with me and it's awesome! I also like to use it "change things up a bit" as well, it just finishes out oh so clean!!

I also pre-treated the tires and wells while doing the AMMO NYC Frothe WW, then when I was done there, sprayed the tires again and scrubbed with my trusty Mothers wheel brush, got grayish/brown dirt and then sprayed CG's Diablo on the wheels and barrels and my Speed Master knocked it out, clean once again. I then dried the wheels and tires and touched up some areas on the car where the product runs out of crevaces, although the product has surfactants, as well as the distilled water I use, will not leave water stains but i still dried things up anywho.

I plan on coming down here later to apply a coat of Beadmaker and dress the tires, haven't decided what to use yetWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's now time to go up stairs and watch Manchester United v. Liverpool, CAN'T WAIT to watch this one for sureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes UncleDavy, SWETM, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I just used AMMO NYC Frothe w/ winter booster added. IMO it seems to sud up a bit more, car came out CLEAN, that clean you can see! The thing with a foaming waterless wash is this....CUSHION! When this product is applied it clings initially and then runs down a bit (this will vary based on your LSP) and then, when you go to clean the panel/section, its raised up while swiping, thus giving you the piece of mind that your NOT going to hurt the finish. I really bought this for my road trips so I don't have to bring as many buckets with me and it's awesome! I also like to use it "change things up a bit" as well, it just finishes out oh so clean!!

I also pre-treated the tires and wells while doing the AMMO NYC Frothe WW, then when I was done there, sprayed the tires again and scrubbed with my trusty Mothers wheel brush, got grayish/brown dirt and then sprayed CG's Diablo on the wheels and barrels and my Speed Master knocked it out, clean once again. I then dried the wheels and tires and touched up some areas on the car where the product runs out of crevaces, although the product has surfactants, as well as the distilled water I use, will not leave water stains but i still dried things up anywho.

I plan on coming down here later to apply a coat of Beadmaker and dress the tires, haven't decided what to use yetWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's now time to go up stairs and watch Manchester United v. Liverpool, CAN'T WAIT to watch this one for sureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

How many towels do you go through during that process?

Page 32 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142821325321032 ... LastLast