autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hey Finick, good choice on the Worx and getting it with the longer lasting battery for sure but save your money on the bottle attachment. Instead, buy your self the mini IK foamer. It does cost more than the bottle attachment but is waaaaay better for pre-washing, trust me. I actually use the larger IK Foam 9 for pre-washes and the IK mini foamer to apply Griot's Garage Poly Gloss for instance. The IK Foam 9 was $90 and the IK mini foamer was like $35, can't live without either one now, I've taken my detailing to the next level with these 2 tools and the new Griot's Garage Foaming Surface wash and Poly Gloss were almost made to work in both of these machines!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I wasn’t actually planning on foaming up my car. I was just going to mix up some rinseless wash, dunk the 2 liter into it, and go around my car presoaking it with ONR or Wolfgang Uber rinseless, for example.

Eldo is right in that I don’t do a lot of bucket washing, so I think I’d end up using the bottle just to go around my car and get solution on there/maybe knock off some debris in the process.

If I ever do want to foam though, I think I’ll end up with a pressure washer and a cannon.. it just seems like it would make sense since I’m at a house with dedicated hookups for the nicer seasons.

Do you think the bottle attachment would be suitable for that application? I can usually make it around my car with my crappy 56oz pump sprayer from Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The only bottle you need for pre-soaking is a Kwazzer, the Worx is overkill for that but if you don't use the long lance, which gives you more pressure, you could use the Worx for that. I now know what bottle attachment your referring to, I stripped mine, LOL. I thought you meant the bottle attachment that you put on the end for foaming, my bad.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So you’re saying you applied the tire coating over the Spray & Seal? Hmm...
    Yeah it's a little hard to not get the Sonax Spray and Seal on the rubber when spraying and rinse off. So I covered the rubber tire with it too. Then when I where to mount them on the car I thought I would put something more on the tires. And will see how it holds up on them. Would have been better to first use the tire coating and then seal the rims with Sonax Spray and Seal. To get a better bonding for the tire coating. It was not the thought to be doing what I did LOL.

Klasse Act:
    Aren't your winters like 6 monthes over there, LOL. The Sonax wheel shield is AWESOME, been using it since it came out and switch between it and Spray on, Rinse off sealants because it's so easy. What tire coating did you use?

The thought where to use Polish Angel Supersport Wheel Coating that I have some of at home. But saves it for the summer wheels next season. And Gyeon Wet Coat worked great last winter and this summer. Just bought the Sonax Spray and Seal and wanted to test it out. But have other plans for the 2 cars I maintain so Sonax I went. Have heard good things on Sonax Wheel Shield. Think if I'm not satisfied with the PA Supersport Wheel Coating that could be an option to try out.

Tac System Tire Coat

I live in the south of Sweden. There it can be snow from december to mars. But also we can get almost none of the snow laying around long and melt away and come again. It's useally around the freezing point and alot of slush and ice. So that's different from year to year. The north of Sweden has winter weather october to april when it's a long one. So there is it around 6 months. But can be down to 4 months too. Up there the sun is only up for an hour or so. While down here it's up around 6 hours when it's the darkest time before we go to brighter days. So that's different from south to northern Sweden.
    When you come up to the north of Sweden they don't even uses road salt. They leave enough snow so it gets snow roads instead. And that's way better than the ice and slush and the large amount of road salt used here. But then you need to have enough of snow to come during the winter months to get good snow roads. If you have looked at the Rally of Sweden in the WRC cup. You can see some awesome gravel roads with snow surface.

YouTube

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Used Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on the Camry.

5. Likes Eldorado2k, Maxreed241, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I threw a 5 inch 80 grit sandpaper pad on my HF DA and started sanding a bench I'm working on

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I have a couple spots to touch up on my buddy's wife's new CH-R tomorrow I decided to wash the Abarth, plus there was some recent Griot's Garage Foaming Surface Wash talk, like I needed a push, LOL. I swear you can "see the clean" when your rinsing, certainly when your done drying!

Post Thanks / Like

Curious to see and hear review in the foaming surface prep...interesting it says will strip old waxes and sealants whereas the foa.ing surface wash does not. Roger I'll await your review lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This past Saturday I polished and coated this 78 911 SC

Then on Sunday I did a maintenance wash on this 2018 R8 that I coated last month and coated his Mercedes work van.

These guys are friends and the owner of the Audi came over to the Porsche owners house while I was there Saturday. Then on Sunday the Porsche owner came over to the Audi owners house. They are loving having there cars done. I’ve coated 4 vehicles for the Audi owner in the last 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

@fly07sti. Awesome work, cars, and photos.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I know it’s probably a slim chance, but is that the original paint on that Porsche?

12. Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

THAT 911, I don't even see anything elseWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

GREAT work!

14. Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 15 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425651155151015 ... LastLast