autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After washing the car Friday night and scrubbing the tires with leftover carwash soap I decided to give them a swiping with 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner. I simply sprayed into a mf towel and wiped it in and off. The tire was pretty clean and only light dirt came off but some did come off. The first pic shows after I swiped it and let it sit for a bit, the 2nd pic is after applying 303 Tire Balm. During my hiatus I saw some bashing of the product and I know there's many variables with products, especially tire products. I had ONE issue ONE time with 303 Tire Balm, that's it. One thing I know about 303 is this, if there's a problem they'll go back to the drawing board and make it right. I know this because it's what they did with their Spray Wax. I tried this product when it was reformulated at it's awesome, trust me!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Switched to the winter wheels today. Prepared them a couple of weeks ago. Protected them with Sonax Spray and Seal. And it whent on the tires as well. Wanted something more on the tires so a tire coating was applyied today. I like the new look from this product. Will see how the longevity is when applyied over the Sonax Spray and Seal. The summer tires looked great for about 2 months with the tire coating. But they where easy to clean for even longer time. Now when the road salt is on the roads I'm happy they clean up easy when I get the opertunity to wash the car.

Some pictures of the wheels when the tire coating has cured and dried

/Tony

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Switched to the winter wheels today. Prepared them a couple of weeks ago. Protected them with Sonax Spray and Seal. And it whent on the tires as well. Wanted something more on the tires so a tire coating was applyied today. I like the new look from this product. Will see how the longevity is when applyied over the Sonax Spray and Seal. The summer tires looked great for about 2 months with the tire coating. But they where easy to clean for even longer time. Now when the road salt is on the roads I'm happy they clean up easy when I get the opertunity to wash the car.

/Tony
    So you’re saying you applied the tire coating over the Spray & Seal? Hmm...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

/Tony
    Aren't your winters like 6 monthes over there, LOL. The Sonax wheel shield is AWESOME, been using it since it came out and switch between it and Spray on, Rinse off sealants because it's so easy. What tire coating did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    snip
    I know this is unrelated to this post, but I just wanted to let you know I’m going to be getting a worx hydroshot in a few weeks. I asked you about it some time ago, and never pulled the trigger, but now that it’s cold out and my spigots turned off for the winter, I’m going to just grab it.

Gonna get the 40v 4 amp battery, and the bottle attachment for the summer when I just wanna use it to presoak for a rinseless wash with a little more oomph.

I’m looking forward to it, I have no doubt it’ll have wayyyy more pressure than my garden hose does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I know this is unrelated to this post, but I just wanted to let you know I’m going to be getting a worx hydroshot in a few weeks. I asked you about it some time ago, and never pulled the trigger, but now that it’s cold out and my spigots turned off for the winter, I’m going to just grab it.

Gonna get the 40v 4 amp battery, and the bottle attachment for the summer when I just wanna use it to presoak for a rinseless wash with a little more oomph.

I’m looking forward to it, I have no doubt it’ll have wayyyy more pressure than my garden hose does.

I thought you weren’t into hose style washes? How much is it?

You don’t think a Kwazar would make you happy? I know you have some pump sprayers, but I’m not sure how they compare to the Kwazar pump sprayers. I honestly don’t know if there’s a wide margin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I thought you weren’t into hose style washes? How much is it?

You don’t think a Kwazar would make you happy? I know you have some pump sprayers, but I’m not sure how they compare to the Kwazar pump sprayers. I honestly don’t know if there’s a wide margin.
    I go back and forth a lot What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did more hose style washes this summer than I have in the past, and I didn’t hate it. Once I got a leaf blower and started blowing 90% of the water off, I enjoyed them a lot more. The tool with the wands/40v/4A battery is 139.99, and the bottle adapter is like 7 bucks, and it lets you throw a 2 liter bottle on there.

I don’t think I would dislike a kwazar sprayer, but being able to fill a 2L bottle and attach it to the worx and presoak with that seems like it would be nice. Totally cordless, can go around knocking off any heavy debris I see while applying product to the surface, in my head it just seems like a good idea.

Using my pump sprayer works to get product on the surface, but it doesn’t do a lot in the way of removing leaves/mud/other stuff I tend to have on the surface from living where I do. I don’t think the worx would necessarily function like a pressure washer by any means, but from watching videos and reviews on it, it’s powerful enough to at least rinse away some heavy debris and clean up my wheels in the winter times (which is my primary reason for wanting it, if we’re being honest.)

I really can’t stress how weak my water pressure is though. On the shower setting I can’t force water across my hood/roof of my car. I have to do some trickery and flick my wrist a lot to work it to the other side. It’s the same inside the house, the water from my shower head can’t even reach the middle of the tub. It’s incredibly pathetic. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I go back and forth a lot What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did more hose style washes this summer than I have in the past, and I didn’t hate it. Once I got a leaf blower and started blowing 90% of the water off, I enjoyed them a lot more. The tool with the wands/40v/4A battery is 139.99, and the bottle adapter is like 7 bucks, and it lets you throw a 2 liter bottle on there.

I don’t think I would dislike a kwazar sprayer, but being able to fill a 2L bottle and attach it to the worx and presoak with that seems like it would be nice. Totally cordless, can go around knocking off any heavy debris I see while applying product to the surface, in my head it just seems like a good idea.

Using my pump sprayer works to get product on the surface, but it doesn’t do a lot in the way of removing leaves/mud/other stuff I tend to have on the surface from living where I do. I don’t think the worx would necessarily function like a pressure washer by any means, but from watching videos and reviews on it, it’s powerful enough to at least rinse away some heavy debris and clean up my wheels in the winter times (which is my primary reason for wanting it, if we’re being honest.)

I really can’t stress how weak my water pressure is though. On the shower setting I can’t force water across my hood/roof of my car. I have to do some trickery and flick my wrist a lot to work it to the other side. It’s the same inside the house, the water from my shower head can’t even reach the middle of the tub. It’s incredibly pathetic. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I see... Makes sense.

I’ve been thinking about getting a power washer. Cleaning other vehicles neglected wheels & tires is a time consuming chore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I see... Makes sense.

I’ve been thinking about getting a power washer. Cleaning other vehicles neglected wheels & tires is a time consuming chore.
    I was looking info the sunjoe spx3000 I think it’s called, but I ran into the issue of feeling like I’d want to invest in the kranzle 1322 later down the line, and then having two machines and never using one.

There’s also not a ton of space in my garage to store the sun joe unit, as dumb as that sounds. I keep my lead blower in my trunk. The worx would be a lot easier for my to store, even if it only puts out a measly .5gpm.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Finick, good choice on the Worx and getting it with the longer lasting battery for sure but save your money on the bottle attachment. Instead, buy your self the mini IK foamer. It does cost more than the bottle attachment but is waaaaay better for pre-washing, trust me. I actually use the larger IK Foam 9 for pre-washes and the IK mini foamer to apply Griot's Garage Poly Gloss for instance. The IK Foam 9 was $90 and the IK mini foamer was like $35, can't live without either one now, I've taken my detailing to the next level with these 2 tools and the new Griot's Garage Foaming Surface wash and Poly Gloss were almost made to work in both of these machines!

Page 14 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324641145141014 ... LastLast