autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 1192 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819591095091009 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Washed and waxed the parent's RAV4. HD Speed followed up with HD Poxy. I hadn't cleaned the interior glass yet.

Nexzett Colortec on wheels followed up with CarPro Hydro2 and Chemical Guys VRP undiluted on tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

2. Likes Maxreed241, Eldorado2k, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent a lot (maybe the last two weeks, 1/3 of my car at a time) of time prepping and applying CQUK 3.0 to my car since my new job has me crazy busy.

Finally had the first rain recently and the beads were pretty wild, like you’d expect

Drove home from work on Friday (this is when the pics above were taken) and the rain was just flying off the car, it was pretty awesome. Woke up the next day to it still raining lightly, but the beads were now irregular and oblong. I don’t have a picture, but I was honestly surprised to see this. I figured a 20 minute drive in the rain wouldn’t clog up the coating like it (apparently) has, but I’m still waiting for my final verdict until I wash it with either hyper wash or ech2o that’s getting here on Tuesday.

I can’t imagine the coating would bead up nicely after I parked at home and then somehow get clogged up overnight, but who knows.

In the off chance something went wrong, that will make a second coating that seemingly immediately failed.

I’ll check out if there’s still water on my car when I get home later to get some pictures, but it’s pretty weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    A Nor'easter canceled any plans to do any outside detailing, so the wife's Buick got the attention today. It got a Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash and the windows were finished up with the new Griots glass towels. I really like the way the towels finish up the glass.

You’ve got that engine compartment looking better than brand new.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    Washed and waxed the parent's RAV4. HD Speed followed up with HD Poxy. I hadn't cleaned the interior glass yet.

Nexzett Colortec on wheels followed up with CarPro Hydro2 and Chemical Guys VRP undiluted on tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Looks good my friend, do you ever put anything on that plastic trim that runs along the bottom of that vehicle? Or just leave it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Spent a lot (maybe the last two weeks, 1/3 of my car at a time) of time prepping and applying CQUK 3.0 to my car since my new job has me crazy busy.

Finally had the first rain recently and the beads were pretty wild, like you’d expect

Drove home from work on Friday (this is when the pics above were taken) and the rain was just flying off the car, it was pretty awesome. Woke up the next day to it still raining lightly, but the beads were now irregular and oblong. I don’t have a picture, but I was honestly surprised to see this. I figured a 20 minute drive in the rain wouldn’t clog up the coating like it (apparently) has, but I’m still waiting for my final verdict until I wash it with either hyper wash or ech2o that’s getting here on Tuesday.

I can’t imagine the coating would bead up nicely after I parked at home and then somehow get clogged up overnight, but who knows.

In the off chance something went wrong, that will make a second coating that seemingly immediately failed.

I’ll check out if there’s still water on my car when I get home later to get some pictures, but it’s pretty weak.

Wash it with Hyper Wash 1st that way you’ll have a true indication of how it’s doing all on its own. 1st beads looked good in your pics. Interested to hear the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wash it with Hyper Wash 1st that way you’ll have a true indication of how it’s doing all on its own. 1st beads looked good in your pics. Interested to hear the update.
    Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well, I may do that tomorrow before work and see what’s up.

Part of me thinks maybe I was overestimating how well it would bead after sitting outside and being dirty before it even rained, it just seems odd the beads would be that tight AFTER I drove 15ish miles in the rain, and then be weak the next morning.

We’ll see though!

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found some beads on my car when I got home.

Pretty different from how they looked on Friday, that’s for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Looks good my friend, do you ever put anything on that plastic trim that runs along the bottom of that vehicle? Or just leave it clean.
    Thanks E2K, I hadn't gotten around to the trim or glass yet. I ended up putting some Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant on it.

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, these things are huge.

old TW on left, new Chem Guys on right.
    Needless to say I cut them down to the TW width.

12. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post

Yeah, I like the size of them. They make quick work of my tires, bed cap, bumper cap, and step bar treads.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post

IMO the large size is perfect. I can now coat the tire in 1 smooth swipe starting from the outside then angling inwards with precision because you know how careful you have to be to avoid getting the Endura on the lip of your wheels. I swear if it gets on there for just 3-5 sec. you’re in for a battle to get that stuff off! It’s crazy.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I think I can make anything bling lol now mama bear can go out and flex on them on bingo night lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

16. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 9 of 1192 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819591095091009 ... LastLast