autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I was pretty annoyed the last time it rained as apparently something small got under my wiper at the store and so my wipers missed a tiny section of water on the way home and it was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SIGHT LINE. Drove me nuts.
    Yeah i hate when the rubber blade catches on a stone chip on the windshield as you call it and cuts the rubber, Then having a bit that doesn't swipe away water

2. Likes Big Dave, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    In your usage regardless of looks what’s most durable (coating excluded)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As far as tire products?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Had the Alcantera triplets installed at the dealership I bought the EN from yesterday. They charged me 1 hr labor and I was on my way. The look AND feel is incredibleWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I'm up to the challenge to keep the Alcantera clean and protectedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

While I was waiting for the install to be completed I checked out the showroom. The IONIQ5 looks even better when you walk up on them, I've seen many on the road already, really impressive. Not a fan of these base wheels but this is a great lookin' car AND it isn't expensive like a Tesla AND it's unique AND it's built by an actual car company AND there's an N model coming...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

5. Likes dgage, CleanIT, Big Dave, Tasmania, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann View Post
    Finished my wife’s expedition. It’s a 2017 with 160,000 miles so it’s not perfect by any means. Spent its entire life outside and hauls 3 kids everywhere but I try to polish it once a year with a one step system. This time I washed, clayed, Rupes yellow foam pad and cream and then graphene coated it. I think it turned out great for an older car and a weekend warrior! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wait...160KWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes mattmann, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wait...160KWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yep! I will be doing my truck very soon that has 235,000 miles on it. We tend to try and get all of our money out of our vehicles with as much as you have to pay nowadays. I think both of us were raised to drive them until they go down, fix them and keep going LOL

9. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Once the rain moves out I’m going to wash and use these:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    While I was waiting for the install to be completed I checked out the showroom. The IONIQ5 looks even better when you walk up on them, I've seen many on the road already, really impressive. Not a fan of these base wheels but this is a great lookin' car AND it isn't expensive like a Tesla AND it's unique AND it's built by an actual car company AND there's an N model coming...stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Tesla does have some capabilities better than traditional automakers such as their ability to innovate, over the air updates, and that they’re not slave to model year updates. So while Tesla could absolutely learn some things from traditional automakers, I do hope the traditional automakers improve some of their limitations. Too often with traditional automakers, things don’t get improved once you purchase, even if there are defective features. They remind me of old ATT/Verizon where if you had a bug in your phone, you’d have to buy a new model phone to get a flaw fixed. And we see how slow some of the infotainment systems are to improve because they’re stuck on older chips and don’t have programming skill to improve. Or they’re trying to save money. Chrysler and GM were well known for refusing to update their interiors for a few hundred dollars but then had to give thousands of dollars in rebates to sell cars. Don’t get me wrong, Tesla has plenty of issues, especially at the very top but they have changed the game some and I hope they force some changes on the traditional automakers that will allow the consumers to benefit more.

Post Thanks / Like

Glutton for punishment. Did not get up early today. So dealt with sun and heat. Did BOTH the truck and her Escape. And this was right after cutting grass. Sure, now it is cloudy. But looks like rain of course. T I R E D...
    2018 Colorado ZR2

13. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Tesla does have some capabilities better than traditional automakers such as their ability to innovate, over the air updates, and that they’re not slave to model year updates. So while Tesla could absolutely learn some things from traditional automakers, I do hope the traditional automakers improve some of their limitations. Too often with traditional automakers, things don’t get improved once you purchase, even if there are defective features. They remind me of old ATT/Verizon where if you had a bug in your phone, you’d have to buy a new model phone to get a flaw fixed. And we see how slow some of the infotainment systems are to improve because they’re stuck on older chips and don’t have programming skill to improve. Or they’re trying to save money. Chrysler and GM were well known for refusing to update their interiors for a few hundred dollars but then had to give thousands of dollars in rebates to sell cars. Don’t get me wrong, Tesla has plenty of issues, especially at the very top but they have changed the game some and I hope they force some changes on the traditional automakers that will allow the consumers to benefit more.
    Noone is ever going to blame Tesla for not changing the look of ANY of their cars, that's for sureWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? They're right up there with the Challenger, Fiat 500 and Nissan GT-R. Tesla has 2 sized cars and 2 sized whatever those things are called and that's it.

That said...a subscription for options on their car and they don't transfer, what the fukc is that all aboutWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? You make good points but I'd be shocked (pun intended) if their in business in 5-7 yrsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

So between the sap spray and foliage and seeds falling from the trees I've been forced to pivot to using the touch-free wash 1/2 mile from work, but check this out. They offered a 2 month special, $9.99 a month for the 1st two monthes, best package and after that it's $35.00 a month. This wash is awesome, not just because it confidently located but has NO tracks to get your tires in, a strong underbody wash and great sprayers, plus you drive thru the timed air dryer. It's also at a Shell station, my fuel of choice AND I signed up for fuel rewards too. I can wash once a day using my QR code scanner phone app, so I can wash ANY car, washed my g/f's Cruze yesterday...oh yeah, onto "what did you do detail related today"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This morning I got fuel, $6.23 for 93 and then ran the EN through the touch-free wash and dried it off afterwards. I then took the EN to the Hyundai dealership right down the street to show what I've done to it since getting it 3 monthes ago. The entire sales staff was outside and came over to check out the EN, including the salesman who I bought the EN from. Some of the sales people haven't even seen an EN as they don't get them too often, crazy stuffWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I got home and had to park on the street as the parking lot is getting revealed, so atleast I'm not under those trees but under a different tree but it's ok. I applied some just acquired Auto-Fanatic MEGA GLOSS tire dressing and I've gotta say this stuff is pretty awesome! It's a thick, pink gel and it's glossy but not "used car lot" glossy. I finished up applying a coat of TEC582 Spray Ceramic to the EN's Cyber Gray paint...oh yeah, finished up the bottle of 3D Wango Mango interior scent too, there I'm doneWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes Big Dave, dgage, DFB liked this post
Page 877 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 377777827867868869870871872873874875876877878879880881882883884885886887927977 ... LastLast