autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Maintenance wash on the ZR2. In the SUN. LOL. Finished with flex wax as the drying aid Whole new respect for the product.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Uncbrs, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The PolishAngel is still in its infancy (2 weeks) so I couldn't even get my GSF + Green Star to cling to the surface today for a prewash. The water was pouring off of my car the whole day so it was a sun struggle up here at a mile high altitude.

BH said the Auto Wash was totally fine to play around with in a foam cannon and I probably overdid it but between that and the bucket + mitt I made it back inside without any real water spot damage. Gave the Beasley's Paint Hero a try in the drying process - hoping it will repel dust. That's one test I think I can actually monitor with my car that's sitting inside more than on a road. There was a lot of static charge after Paint Hero as I walked around my car... that probably means something but I hate science. I leave that stuff to the professionals.

The tire shine? I needed something to top $25 total on Amazon and get my order here next day this week. That random tire shine achieved that and was pretty user friendly. No complaints but for all I know it could be repackaged run off Chemical Guys product. What did you do today, in regards to detailing? We'll see how it does as a tire shine.

The PolishAngel stuff is great with crazy gloss. My biggest complaint with it now is I feel bare having not spent more time on the wash today and adding any real topper... it's taking a lot not to go throw some PA Presto on it just because.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

4. Likes SNP209, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried out a DIY ghetto pad washing station I put together.

Handypail paint roller tray + el cheapo 6” backing plate + Griot’s drill adapter bit + drill (ok, bit driver).

I’m too cheap to buy a pad washer, but have been curious to find an alternative to the hand scrubbing step. Also haven’t been crazy about some of the grids the pad runs on for some pad washers; seem like they’d be sharp to the pad. I know if they wrecked pads we’d have heard about it long ago, but I like the idea of something rounder. The other day in the garage I saw a paint roller tray which got me thinking.

The trays I have are either very paint-y or super flimsy. Found the Handypail one during my search, I think it was like $12. Actually quite sturdy, and another benefit I found when I got it home is they made it to sit securely in a utility sink.

Backing plate was a cheap on I could source locally (sorry AG, I’m impatient when I’ve got an idea to try). $8.

I’ve had the bit adapter for a while now, I use it to run carpet brushes on my drill. $10

Add about 1/2-3/4 gallon of water and detergent (I’m trying rags to riches), and then run with about half the pad in the water. Tray is sturdy enough to squish on to help flush the fluid through. Went through a big backlog of pads I had to clean in waaaay less time than it would take to clean by hand.

Future upgrade: since the backing plate I got is 5.something inches to run 6” pads, I’m going to look into making a disc to put between the backing plate and the outer edge of the pad to: keep the velcro away from the 5.5” pads that overhangs their backing, and to support the outside of the 6.5” pads. I’ve got some lexan at work I’ll see what I can come up with. No damage that I noticed with the stack I did, but figure can’t hurt.

6. Likes Uncbrs, MisterSnoop, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So yesterday I finally got in to my buddy's graphics shop for some "tweaks" to the EN. I can honestly say the rearend of the car is done (unless the O.E. Aussie foglight is "reasonable) I had them use medium smoked LaminX for the back-up lights and a sliver of black satin vinyl to seperate the body of the letter i from the dot. Speaking of that dot, it's been treated to some red vinyl. Now if you look over to N logo, it already has red and black in, now things tie in nicely. I can't wait to hear "what's an i30"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So today is a special C&C, not just because it's Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to all you guys BTW) but it's at a different location, which means different cars. It's at a local, higher end grocery store called Mariano's. Apparently someone is a manager at one of the locations and is apart of the Chicago Garage forum. The last show was really cool, looking forward to this one today.

So I got out there early this morning, about 5:15 a.m. I did run the EN through a touch-free yesterday but the trees are still spraying and before I went to bed I could see it, so I knew I had to get after it early.

I started with 4 oz of P&S Pearl and 2 oz of CarPro Restart in my Griot's Garage foam gun and foamed it down, emptied the bottle and let it dwell, it was 50 degrees so I wasn't too worried. I then grabbed the Brake Buster in the IK Foam 9 and took care of the tires & wheels, all brushes used, CLEAN!

I then rinsed everything down, great beading so I added to it. Grabbed my other IK foamer that only has Griot's Garage Poly Gloss in it and foamed down the EN with it and let it dwell. I rinsed it down, then used free flowing water to flush things out.

I dried the EN with a CG's towel I got for Christmas, dried the tires & wheels with 2 designated mf towels and gave the engine bay a little wipedown, clean as you go I say!

I finished up by spraying some Adam's under carriage spray in the wheelwells, applied some Griot's Garage leather scent in the interior and applied a very light coat of TWHS graphene tire dressing and now it's ready to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once again, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there and if your spending the day with your Dad appreciate the time, not all of us are so luckyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes Uncbrs, DFB, MadMerc, opie, dgage and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What PA are you using for LSP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bucket washed my car last night, and 1st thing this morning applied a fresh layer of Turtle Wax Endura Tire Coating.

11. Likes dgage, Odrapnew, Big Dave, SNP209, vaca22 and 5 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    What PA are you using for LSP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that's for me I tried doubling up a couple weeks ago. I put on a Carnuaba Arts (Graphite Gray) and then added High Gloss. Pretty sure it is overkill but I got a little order happy once I joined their mailing list and started receiving the 15% off codes.

And I'll admit, I didn't get into any trouble on the credit card bill other than an explanation that PolishAngel is one word and not a service in Poland. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

13. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So yesterday I finally got in to my buddy's graphics shop for some "tweaks" to the EN. I can honestly say the rearend of the car is done (unless the O.E. Aussie foglight is "reasonable) I had them use medium smoked LaminX for the back-up lights and a sliver of black satin vinyl to seperate the body of the letter i from the dot. Speaking of that dot, it's been treated to some red vinyl. Now if you look over to N logo, it already has red and black in, now things tie in nicely. I can't wait to hear "what's an i30"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So today is a special C&C, not just because it's Father's Day (Happy Father's Day to all you guys BTW) but it's at a different location, which means different cars. It's at a local, higher end grocery store called Mariano's. Apparently someone is a manager at one of the locations and is apart of the Chicago Garage forum. The last show was really cool, looking forward to this one today.

So I got out there early this morning, about 5:15 a.m. I did run the EN through a touch-free yesterday but the trees are still spraying and before I went to bed I could see it, so I knew I had to get after it early.

I started with 4 oz of P&S Pearl and 2 oz of CarPro Restart in my Griot's Garage foam gun and foamed it down, emptied the bottle and let it dwell, it was 50 degrees so I wasn't too worried. I then grabbed the Brake Buster in the IK Foam 9 and took care of the tires & wheels, all brushes used, CLEAN!

I then rinsed everything down, great beading so I added to it. Grabbed my other IK foamer that only has Griot's Garage Poly Gloss in it and foamed down the EN with it and let it dwell. I rinsed it down, then used free flowing water to flush things out.

I dried the EN with a CG's towel I got for Christmas, dried the tires & wheels with 2 designated mf towels and gave the engine bay a little wipedown, clean as you go I say!

I finished up by spraying some Adam's under carriage spray in the wheelwells, applied some Griot's Garage leather scent in the interior and applied a very light coat of TWHS graphene tire dressing and now it's ready to goWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Once again, Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there and if your spending the day with your Dad appreciate the time, not all of us are so luckyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Looks absolutely fantastic but what’s an i30?

15. Likes Uncbrs, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took advantage of the great weather this weekend to clean up my Tacoma. I applied Optimum Hyper Seal about 6 weeks ago. I used the following today:

Optimum Car Wash
    Sonax Ceramic Ultra Slick Detailer
    Meguiar's Hyper Dressing (diluted 2:1)

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20220619_084800-jpg

17. Likes Uncbrs, Big Dave, SNP209, JDGolden liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got up at 6am to enjoy a foam cannon wash and watching the sun rise:

19. Likes Jayfro, Uncbrs, AMarkham40, dgage, SNP209 and 5 others liked this post
Page 869 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 369769819859860861862863864865866867868869870871872873874875876877878879919969 ... LastLast