autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did a 3 bucket wash (BH Auto-Wash, Rinse and Griot's Wash & Coat) last night. First time using the Auto-Wash. Used a 6.5cc/ml measuring scoop I had (5 ml per 10 liters is the recommended dilution) for around 3 gallons. It worked well and I was still able to refresh the suds at the end of the wash without adding more soap. Had some small bits of tar behind the front wheels so followed up with Tarminator and then the Wash & Coat.

2. Likes Klasse Act, CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I stand corrected and I wonder at what ratio that 13.25 is achievedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Now I'm trying to figure out where I saw that 7.5 pH rating for Prep, maybe I just misremembered itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    That's from their safety data sheet so that would be undiluted. I think it'll still be 12 something after you dilute it to their recommended dilution.

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Did a 3 bucket wash (BH Auto-Wash, Rinse and Griot's Wash & Coat) last night. First time using the Auto-Wash. Used a 6.5cc/ml measuring scoop I had (5 ml per 10 liters is the recommended dilution) for around 3 gallons. It worked well and I was still able to refresh the suds at the end of the wash without adding more soap. Had some small bits of tar behind the front wheels so followed up with Tarminator and then the Wash & Coat.
    Bilt-Hamber AutoWash is pretty awesome, huh! I bet you had NO issues getting more foam towards the end, product is amazing and when the time comes I'll have to decide between AutoWash and Reset for my sole contact wash when I'm low on themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected and I wonder at what ratio that 13.25 is achievedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Now I'm trying to figure out where I saw that 7.5 pH rating for Prep, maybe I just misremembered itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The Griots Foaming Surface Prep has a pH of 13.25 right from the bottle. The pH goes down to 12.21 with a 10:1 dilution and 11.93 with a 20:1 dilution. Their MSDS says 12.4 with a 10:1 dilution but they were probably starting with a pH range of 13-13.5. At the high side of the range, the 10:1 dilution would be 12.46.
    Their Foaming Poly Gloss has the 7.5 pH rating.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The Griots Foaming Surface Prep has a pH of 13.25 right from the bottle. The pH goes down to 12.21 with a 10:1 dilution and 11.93 with a 20:1 dilution. Their MSDS says 12.4 with a 10:1 dilution but they were probably starting with a pH range of 13-13.5. At the high side of the range, the 10:1 dilution would be 12.46.
    Their Foaming Poly Gloss has the 7.5 pH rating.
    Wow I didn't even consider a pH rating with Poly Gloss as it's not a soap, great info here guysWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bilt-Hamber AutoWash is pretty awesome, huh! I bet you had NO issues getting more foam towards the end, product is amazing and when the time comes I'll have to decide between AutoWash and Reset for my sole contact wash when I'm low on themWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    A bottle of AutoWash would give you 100 washes if you did the teaspoon/10 liters (2.6 gal). That's a lot of Reset...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    A bottle of AutoWash would give you 100 washes if you did the teaspoon/10 liters (2.6 gal). That's a lot of Reset...
    When I use AutoWash I am adding 1 oz to about 3 to 3.5 gallons of water and the suds are incredible and it does a great job cleaning my carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

What LSP's does BH make that are worthwhile?

Just thinking out loud you could use BH Auto Foam/Touchless and Auto Wash for most of your washing needs.

Interesting discussion about pH and LSP degradation. Seems hit or miss depending on the chemistry of the LSP. BSD apparently gets destroyed by BH AutoFoam/Touchless.

Bilt Hamber Products diminishing LSP's - Page 2 - Detailing World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    What LSP's does BH make that are worthwhile?

Just thinking out loud you could use BH Auto Foam/Touchless and Auto Wash for most of your washing needs.

Interesting discussion about pH and LSP degradation. Seems hit or miss.

Bilt Hamber Products deminishing LSP's - Page 2 - Detailing World
    I have none of their LSP's but Jon from Forensic Detailing surely has a review of their wax, forgot its name but he does like it. The duo of Touchless and Auto-foam will degrade your wax or sealant but if your car is coated your good to go. I used them for the 1st time this past winter on my ES and it literally melted away the salt muck, leaving a slight film of dirt on the very bottom. Right then and there I knew what my pre-wash soap was going to be, for the most part and I say "for the most part" because I've got others to use up like P&S Pearl, Koch Chemie GsF (which is very good) and TWHS Slick and Slide but that can be used in the bucket as well.

Once these other soaps go away in my collection I'll have my go to's widdled down to Bilt-Hamber Touchless and Auto-foam for pre-wash and either Bilt-Hamber AutoWash or Reset for the 2BM and that's it. I'm not sure if anyone will come along to change my mind on the Bilt-Hamber duo and speaking of them, I really need to figure out which one is best for me because they're oh so similarWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bilt Hamber needs a faster, quicker spray Sio2 type sealant to use after you use BH Auto/Touchless which will remove their High Speed Wax lol.

Page 856 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 356756806846847848849850851852853854855856857858859860861862863864865866906956 ... LastLast