autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Oh yeah, pics and from a different locationWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    That is a sexy car. I see a set of Te37 in your future…..What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I noticed as the afternoon sun came in, just how much dust had settled on the Qashqai, you can see how much in the first pic, and I needed my detailing fix. So I got out the duster, dusted using a very light touch, then gave it a QD with NV Boost. Job done.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk
    A car dusterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I remember loving using mine back in the day. Do you find it leaves no marring?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    A car dusterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I remember loving using mine back in the day. Do you find it leaves no marring?

I haven't seen any, and the Qashqai shows it so easily. But as I said, I use a very light touch. When I first got it I found that too much pressure left a residue behind, whatever makes the dust stick to it I suppose. After each use I go outside and bang it against my leg to shake the dust out of it. I wouldn't use it if the car was dirty in any way.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen any, and the Qashqai shows it so easily. But as I said, I use a very light touch. When I first got it I found that too much pressure left a residue behind, whatever makes the dust stick to it I suppose. After each use I go outside and bang it against my leg to shake the dust out of it. I wouldn't use it if the car was dirty in any way.

Do you lay it on newspaper when you’re done? Isn’t there something in the instructions that mentions that or?

If I had a legit garage queen I’d totally use a California Duster. I know for a fact they work when used correctly. Not only did my Godfather use one for years to dust off his many showcars, but the guys at Meguiars including Michael Stoops and Jason Rose both told me they use them even to this day on their own garage queens. They just don’t really talk about it because of the weird reputation that many people have against certain things.

7. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Do you lay it on newspaper when you’re done? Isn’t there something in the instructions that mentions that or?

If I had a legit garage queen I’d totally use a California Duster. I know for a fact they work when used correctly. Not only did my Godfather use one for years to dust off his many showcars, but the guys at Meguiars including Michael Stoops and Jason Rose both told me they use them even to this day on their own garage queens. They just don’t really talk about it because of the weird reputation that many people have against certain things.
    I'd actually have to go out and buy a newspaper to put it on. Does anyone actually read physical newspapers anymore.

I'll look it up though, mine was a cheapy, came with a a big one and a small one, and no instructions.

9. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd actually have to go out and buy a newspaper to put it on. Does anyone actually read physical newspapers anymore.

I'll look it up though, mine was a cheapy, came with a a big one and a small one, and no instructions.

Iirc it has something to do with the paraffin wax contained in the threads. It may or may not be exclusive to the original California Duster.

Post Thanks / Like

Got hit by sprinklers early sunday morning so a wash definitely required

Foamed with hyper wash and used hyper wash for the contact wash as well

Sprayed wheels and tires with brake buster then agitated wheels with an old mitt and hyper wash in a bucket, tires were just sprayed and rinsed

Dried with the ego and wiped down with a homebrew QD consisting of .5 oz Uber sio2 concentrate, 1oz Meg's HCD, and 30 oz water (I named it "boost juice"). Wheels were wiped down with Ethos Defy. Driver side tires got 2 coats of DG 253 and passenger side got 2 coats of the new TW acrylic tire shine, gonna see if the new TW product can hang with my current favorite which is DG 253.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

12. Likes Buster906, Big Dave, DFB, Uncbrs, SWETM and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just after I washed the i40 4 weeks ago. The Sahara dust came in What did you do today, in regards to detailing? My sister has as a DD so it goes way more than I would drive. That's something I I consider to get away from a diesel engine. As they are made to be driven a lot or at least longer distances.

Start with a new product for me Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel wheel cleaner. Wanted to set it on a test. So a touchless clean it got. As you see they are not to bad but they need to be polished. The winter tires takes a hard hit and they where probebly washed in the swirl-o-matic before I bought the car. I must say that I'm impressed with the cleaning ability it has. I have a very old TW QD that's not sold anymore that I wiped off the outside of the rim. With an yellow microfiber towel. And no dirt was picked up. So if you can get it do so for some effective wheel cleaner to have at hand when needed.

Now on to the paint. Late to the party I ordered Bilt Hamber Touch-less. I was not impressed by the foam. But this is BH and I have Auto-Foam and Surfex HD and they don't produces shaving thick foam either. Touch-less has something in it that clings to the paint extremly well. Auto-Foam on a high hydrophobic surface tends to run of as most does. But you see that where it's grime there are some clinging left on those parts. Touch-less does this over the whole car. The foam pic is after 4-5min and I clean rinsed it off from down and worked my way up. The cleaning ability on the Sahara dust was better than Auto-Foam. Which was nice to see. The last wash I had had a lot more dirt in the rinse bucket than I'm used to. Now it's normal again with this prewash.

Next a multible wash mitt/pads with Carpro Reset. Lovly as always to use. Dried with twisted pile microfiber drying towels.

I put on Angelwax Atomic QED on the horisontel panels last time so they got it again. Also the verticals panels that I usually use Gyeon Wet Coat. Got something I only tried once before for 2 or 3 years ago. Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax that's just been sitting. Did apply it dry and applied on a microfiber towel with a couple of spritz and apply to a panel. A little dragy when wiping it off but that changes fast and gets a great slickness feel. The AW Atomic QED is in another league with slickness if you like it get it LOL. But easy to work with and nice jetting effect and even masked some small scratches I have to be less noticeble. Which that latter I was not aware of. Think when possible I will use HCW more but dry use it.

Did some vacuum and wipe down with Carpro InnerQD which is really great and smells fresh of oranges.

Have a great week everyone What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Skickat frĺn min SM-T736B via Tapatalk

14. Likes Big Dave, DFB, Uncbrs, SNP209, Bosko and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tony, that car is looking great, too bad Hyundai didn't do an Elantra N wagon, I'd be "over the moon"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've got the Bilt-Hamber wheel cleaner, looking forward to trying it out when the EN REALLY needs itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tony, that car is looking great, too bad Hyundai didn't do an Elantra N wagon, I'd be "over the moon"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've got the Bilt-Hamber wheel cleaner, looking forward to trying it out when the EN REALLY needs itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I30N in Europe. New and old models.

18. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, chilly, SWETM, DFB liked this post
Page 806 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 306706756796797798799800801802803804805806807808809810811812813814815816856906 ... LastLast